Custom objects, fine ingame, no icons in editor!

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

bucka

Custom objects, fine ingame, no icons in editor!

Post by bucka » 2005-06-28 16:08:49

Dear WrpTool Community!

Hi there well first congrats on an astonishing programme, that really makes map editing possible for knuckleheads like me.

Anyway im working on a map set basically on Everon, except as an island somewhere off the coast of the USA 1860s

http://img184.echo.cx/my.php?image=oldwest1lb.jpg

BUT ARGH,
I import the models into the editor, fine and dandy, and they load all happily ingame, but alas they have no icon showing themselves on the editor.

Im a bit slow at this but, I assume it is to be defined as a house in the cpp, but i understand also that it should be defined as a class of object in oxygen as well? in the geo lods?

I would really appreciate some help chaps :)

bucka

Re: Custom objects, fine ingame, no icons in edito

Post by bucka » 2005-06-29 20:09:21

Aieee damn u fiends! Hellllp me or i will cry!

Er... okay sorry that was a little melodramatic

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2005-06-29 20:57:16

Sshhh the plastering is coming off.

if I understood you now, you ment in OFP editor? Ok the named properties are:
class : house
map : house
in the geo lod and that's all they need.
Last edited by MI_Fred on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

bucka

Post by bucka » 2005-06-30 13:09:02

Well ive tried that Fred but alas no luck, i have that in the geo, i mean theres no object u select or anything for these properties, u just add them huh? well ive done that (in right window too in oxy lol) but nope, no luck ingame.

im editing the old desert everon map, done a while ago, adding the custom map objects, in the cpp i have

(under cfg patches)
class dum03 {units[] = {"dum03"};requiredVersion = 1.40;};

(and in cfg vehicles)
};
class dum03: House
{
model="zwa_desert_edendum03";
};

Then in the geo lod, the 2 properties u suggest, but alas its invisible! Anything else i can be doing wrong guys :(

ebud
VTE Dev

Post by ebud » 2005-06-30 14:49:19

are you saying that when you load the map in the OFP mission editor you cannot see where the items are on the map?

Or when you place them in the OFP editor as objects there are no icons for the objects?

2 different problems.
Last edited by ebud on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

bucka

Post by bucka » 2005-06-30 15:23:14

Sorry Ebud, to be clearer i mean, that in the editor, as in like map objects, they are not appearing.

So no they dont have a cpp as a object, those are cpp quotes i give, are from the island cpp.

So to be sure, i mean island objects, (custom objects imported into wrp tool and placed on the island) and not placed from the mission editor in ofp.

Again any help would be appreciated (and wow the famous ebud! ;))
Last edited by bucka on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

ebud
VTE Dev

Post by ebud » 2005-06-30 16:55:02

lol, ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

For me, all I ever needed was for the model, in the geometry lod, to have in the named properties, map , and the property for it to be say, house if it is a house. I almost never put objects in the config unless they need to be highlighted in the OFP editor, such as a house with positions. Then if I do that, I'll always make them placable in the editor by giving it an icon size and such in the config.

I'd try making a new separate island with just flat terrain at about 10m, then get it working in-game with nothing on it and no objects in the config. Then place one object at a time on it with wrptool and test it in-game.

At least you can narrow things down like that. Maybe not the most efficient way, but at least it's a good way to test each object one at a time in-game without making an entire island, then going back to try and fix things.

Also is the object made from an older model that was originally an odol model and you mloded it with Odol Explorer?

If so that could be a problem right there. If thats the case, open 2 windows with o2, one with a new model, and the other with your model. Now in the blank O2, make a new model with just the same lods as your original model. Then copy and paste each lod into the new model into the appropriate lod and then add in any named properties you need again as they don't come over when you copy and paste :(

As long as for example you have a house, and in the geometry lod you have it's map entry as a house, and as long as you do the copy and paste method, it will show up in-game. Mloding models really makes them screwy. If you made it yourself, then don't bother and just make sure you have the map property right.

Sorry if I confused you :)

bucka

Post by bucka » 2005-06-30 17:41:47

Hurrah! Ur solution saved the day Ebud thanx,

Yup see, (its a bis building turned into an um.. whore house bless) but i used odol explorer, and well, i was going nuts trying to work out why they wouldnt show in the editor, But i did what u suggested and it worked. Funny what that happens really, but cheers, im just gonna do that to all me buildings, and get that fixed up, thanx again Ebud and to others ;)

http://img108.echo.cx/my.php?image=illrepute0xp.jpg