VTE full version testing

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

VTE full version testing

Post by Snake Man » 2010-09-05 17:17:22

As I posted in the never ending developer diary, the VTE full version testing is underway now. If you are serious Vietnam mod fan and want to test this version, send me PM or you can even post in this topic and let me know.

This version I have put out today is v1.3.1 and it is the "FULL" version of VTE, not like the one you can download from dev heaven at the moment.

Our dedicated server will be updated with this full version so beta testing team can join there for some online action.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

horror
Recruit
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: VTE full version testing

Post by horror » 2010-09-07 10:50:14

hello all, tested yesterday the full version and want to give some feedback.
first of all, you did a great job with all the stuff and units snake man, just awsome. :D
of course there are some minor problems with some units but overall they are great.
i found a few bugs wich have to be adressed :

1.all mgs at the tanks make no sound when fired.
2.mgs at the apc mafia show the muzzleflash all the time.
3.all bridges on every map i saw, are displaced and very high.
4.sounds in open helicopters like uh are weird, you can hear the environment from outside but u barely hear the helicopter sound.
edit, the sounds in heli are good, i had mistakenly both vte versions running, so 4. point isnt valid
5.no smokegrenade is working, they dont show up in the menu but are present in gear.
6.the rate of fire of the mgs in attackhelis or planes is way to fast.
7.ai refuses to move over the ricepaddys bounderies (known from arma1)
8.there is no rain sound when raining , thunder is present just no environmental rainsound.
9.i dont know if this is a feature but the us soldiers have no maps but vte soldiers have maps (perhaps only some have?)
10. the point of view in uheys is too low and its impossible to pilot from inside.
11.when looking over the shoulder in a huey , the back is not visible, only the 2soldiers at the mgs are present everything else is missing.
12.vte ai (perhaps both sides)is way to accurate even in lowest difficulty settings, they spot and kill with first shot even when you are 400-500 meters away
13. the gauges in uheys are weird, they look white.
will have to look into more

what i did not like at all, is the vegetation at the maps, wich seem to be just simple ports from ofp to arma to arma2.
i hope there will come better maps with arma2 vegetation, a very good example for good jungle is the berghoff jungle addon wich is used in isla duala and razorenyia map and at lingor.
there are some good spots on some maps wich deliver some vietnam feeling but most of the time i stare on ugly trees , ugly bushes wich sometimes look like 2d bitmaps, rivers with unnatural squared borders.
i know they are ported and do their job for testing all the stuff but my suggestion for arma2 is not to have countless maps with low quality for arma2 standarts, but to make one or two big maps with good quality.
perhaps some of the professional map makers will do some maps when vte is released, unfortunately i have no idea how to map or mod i just know what i like to see in vte :D

cheers for now

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”