arrrrgh,how do i completly remove the game from my addons??

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

joe4621

arrrrgh,how do i completly remove the game from my addons??

Post by joe4621 » 2008-08-26 13:31:18

i have deleted all the ''VTE'' files, BUT, when i start the game up the 'Vietnam:The experience' pictures and text still appear, and in the mission editor the maps still exist.

does anybosdy know what files i have to delete, been trying for hours. :oops: :roll:

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-26 14:58:16

Go to your <armaroot>/Addons/ dir and check if there is VTE_*.pbo files, if there is delete them.

Then go to <armaroot>/DBE1/Addons/ dir (if you have it) and do the same check & delete.

After the deletion, run arma with just clicking on the executable... then if you get VTE loading, you'll get full refund :P
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

joe4621

Post by joe4621 » 2008-08-26 15:02:47

Snake Man wrote:Go to your <armaroot>/Addons/ dir and check if there is VTE_*.pbo files, if there is delete them.

Then go to <armaroot>/DBE1/Addons/ dir (if you have it) and do the same check & delete.

After the deletion, run arma with just clicking on the executable... then if you get VTE loading, you'll get full refund :P
where can i find the arma root, does it have a target? :lol:

i have enjoyed your mod very much so, it is just that some of the files intefer slightly with other mods.

i am sure i will reinstall it another time

:) :) :)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-26 15:14:18

If you have installed it to the default location, you should take a look somewhere like in c:\program files\bohemia interactive\ or something like this, I really dont know as I never install games into the default location.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2008-08-26 16:25:33

yep m8, always create an new dir for mods, call it for exemple @VTE, inside of it you create another dir called addons, and you put all pbo's in there.
Only thing to do is making a new shortcut to arma and add " -mod=@VTE" to target line.
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”