Suggestion: Close combat?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Pedersen
Recruit

Suggestion: Close combat?

Post by Pedersen » 2007-11-29 15:04:02

After playing alot and after runing in to the enemy so close you could smell the enemy. Suddenly they jump out from the thick jungel, and you standing infront of the enemy.

That got me thinking what if that NVA-soldier had charge me with AK-47 with Bayonett on it, or I had it on my M16.

Is it possible to add Bayonet or Basic Combat knife for close encounter. Or when you want to take down the enemy silent?

And how would you make a close Combat fight in ARma?

*Combat Knife
*Bayonett

Will it work?

Hata Killa
Recruit

Post by Hata Killa » 2007-11-29 20:34:30

I was thinking of the same thing... I'm not to good at theese things but I believe it is possible.

Ill look around and see if anyone else has started with this maby we can use their design to make our own.

Pedersen
Recruit

Post by Pedersen » 2007-11-29 22:08:39

well I remember I played a mod for OPF long time agon.
It was a U.S CIVIL WAR Mod where you cloud use you Bayonett on the Musket and a sword as an officer.

Agamoth
Recruit

Post by Agamoth » 2007-11-29 23:27:46

as far as I know the arma animations are more difficult than in OFP, so it might be quite some time before its possible to add a bayonet charge, however I'm sure that all the things we loved in OFP will be in arma sooner or later...

as for now I had the idea to use the same attack as in the zombie mod, but somehow add a knife model so that it could be possible to charge with a knife in close combat, actually I think someone is working on that, can't remember where I saw that but I'm pretty sure its one the way and it might just have to do for the moment...

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-11-30 00:11:37

I guess we could of course fake it somehow, adding just some placeholder animation or none even... however how to do it, add a Knife weapon in place of sidearm? I dont like to add addaction stuff for "use knife" as thats quite annoying have all kinds of junk in action menu.

All good ideas are welcome and links to any other addon makers working on this area.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

HitmanBM

Post by HitmanBM » 2008-02-25 14:11:12

Bayonette/knife ?

That would be a great idea.

It happened to me once in a mission. While I was out of ammo, I came VERY close to the enemy. Actually I was running around an enemy soldier at about ~2 meters hoping he wouldn't be able to aim at me ;-)

Unfortunately, I was wrong :-( But then I thought, "I was TOO close to him. Why not being able to hit him with a knife, or with the butt of the gun?". You know that in real life such instances may occur. And since we want ArmA to be the most realistic combat simulator, why not add such a way of attack?

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”