ArmA 2 UH-1Y Venom ingame sounds

ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

ArmA 2 UH-1Y Venom ingame sounds

Post by Snake Man » 2008-08-28 18:36:14

Maruk posted two samples of ingame Huey sounds to BIS forums.
Maruk, again. Thank you for your feedback to my previous post about ArmA II UH-1Y Venom in-game screenshots .

As you are already familiar with visual style and quality of Arma 2, I want to give you preview of another important aspect of the game, sound, that will probably be not getting that much attention from various popular gaming media sources (which I am confident will be providing a lot of coverage in coming months about Arma 2).

I admit that sound was not very strong asset in first Arma (and in fact, the sound system used in Real Virtuality 2 engine didn't change much from OFP, except moving from DirectSound3D to OpenAL) but we are aiming to change it dramatically this time. Sound improvements wasn't too obvious from our GC live demos (partly because of the loud environment on the show and partly because the sound part of the game is not really complete yet).

Two audio samples attached, as usually, these are genuine in-game sound recordings - my word for it . (Note that this sound fidelity is result of real-time combination of 44 different audio samples just for the engine/rotor take off and landing sequence of UH1, using our brand new flexible and powerful sound system implemented in Arma 2)
Check the sameples from the topic here.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."