Recurring Problem with PMC TCL Campaigns

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Winder185

Recurring Problem with PMC TCL Campaigns

Post by Winder185 » 2002-09-11 16:45:00

The saved game will not load, I don't always see the uninitialized message, but I just started a new RF Campaign and flew two missions, saved it after each, then modified several flights within the game itself to generate a gorrila mission, saved the game and went back to the squadron I wanted to fly in, but it would not load up, I have not edited this with Tacedit or F4Browse in any way, so it is as it comes, I have not had this problem before but it has occured quite a lot of times with the TCL Campaigns, something is not working quite as it should.

Aussie_Battler

Re: Recurring Problem with PMC TCL Campaigns

Post by Aussie_Battler » 2002-09-12 10:25:00

Hey Winder,

I have seen this also but with default SP3 campaigns. Not always reproducable, but the times it has happened to me I have only noticed one thing being consistant. That is; that I enter the Squad/airbase, alter something (anything), save and exit very quickly.
I think (really have no idea) that after saving, it needs time to complete the save, but if you exit (back) a millisecond after hitting OK for the save, you will run a high chance of seeing "uninitialised" when you try to commit again.
I just give it a couple of seconds now after saving, and havent had the problem.

Aussie!
(aka OzMerlin from old Delphi days, remember the Recon failure thread)
PS: thanks for your comments on Floating BE. :)

Winder185

Re: Recurring Problem with PMC TCL Campaigns

Post by Winder185 » 2002-09-12 12:50:00

I will try that out AB, thanks!!