Q about ocean/land tiles and elevation

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

BenBen
Recruit

Q about ocean/land tiles and elevation

Post by BenBen » 2003-07-18 09:30:00

Hello!

I have a theater that get's tiles by Cate with the BMP method. The BMP is saved from Terrainview and i "overpaint" it with the regions i want to have tiled differently.
The ocean has been colored blue and with the use of masks in Photoshop I take care that i don't accidentially "paint into" the ocean with a different color.
It works fine except for one problem:
I observed that some ocean tiles don't have 0 elevation (the ocean goes "uphill") and some tiles along the coastline (*not* coast tiles, as i have not tiled transitions yet!) have an evelvation of 0.
I know from the Cate readme how to force the ocean tiles to 0 elevation and will do so when i run the terrain trough Cate again. But what can I do to have these land tiles with elevation 0 to have at least 1 ft elevation? I know from the readme that i can raise the terrain with Cate but won't that raise the terrain in the whole region? Are these considered to be "ocean" because of elevation 0 regardless of the actual tile applied? Will I end up having ships driving through this 0 elevation land tiles? If that is not the case then I will leave them untouched as this is the only thing I'm concerned about.

Thank you in advance for help and patience!
Benny

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Q about ocean/land tiles and elevation

Post by Snake Man » 2003-07-18 09:59:00

quote:Originally posted by BenBen:
But what can I do to have these land tiles with elevation 0 to have at least 1 ft elevation?
[Rules: desert]
Color=255,239,181
TileRule=1 99999 (*) (192) * * * *
[EndRules]

Important line is that tilerule which begins at 1ft.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."