Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

SACEUR
Recruit

DEM2terrain Rules file and cvs generation

Post by SACEUR » 2002-07-30 12:54:00

Guess the Question is for CODEC.
I'm a little confused about the rules file:
The ids - what are they actually for?
I can't aptiori know which ids refers to a city E00 or Airport E00 feature.

Well If I could generate a csv-file then I could see what has which number.

Then by chance discovered the way to trick the programm!

I just loaded the airports and label points and voila I had a big csv-file done after i switched the label column to 1 for airports. I think this is a hack or is intentionally. Well I ended up with a far too big CVS. So I run the program with the nonames option in a rule file. But now I only have airports no towns and suddenly a lot of radars - I reused the default.obr and removed the factory generators(?) and added the nonames option. Do I have to generate a lot of factories in order to have towns?

codec
LeadPursuit

Re: DEM2terrain Rules file and cvs generation

Post by codec » 2002-07-30 21:08:00

Your talking about the .OBR file rules?

There is a small page on this in the help, showing the syntax for the file, and a brief description of what things mean.

Julian.
F4ut

SACEUR
Recruit

Post by SACEUR » 2002-07-30 23:43:00

I allways (at last with respect to f4) RTFM Allways! The help is not clarifying!

So It's not clear to me why the proggy only will be able o generate label.tdf and airport.tdf and nnnnnn.cvs if I only load the corresponding e00 ALONE. ( eg when I load everything excl railroads no labels no airports no csv file)

Now the OBR files (the example at least) state a lot of ids which are corresponding in meaning to those generated in the csv.
Should I expect to see those used in my csv or only if there is a correspondence ( by chance/accident)?

Hope you can enlighten me a bit more as I can't get the big picture on the obr - thing.

PS.
"the manual" doesn't state anything about the ZERO after COAST CITIES ROADS RIVER files
TV will only accept those after i remove them
is this ment to be a filtering flag?

Thomas

SACEUR
Recruit

Post by SACEUR » 2002-07-30 23:56:00

AHA EXPERIENCE!
The ids are CT/OCD related ids!

Got that codec!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-07-31 04:46:00

The zeros after TDF lines is fixed on the dem2terrain v1.9 which you can download from our DL page.

Usually when I build my terrains, I do not care about the rules.obr file - just use the defaults, it will make just nice objectives for you.

All I do is to load all e00 datas for all countries included in the theater area.

Easy.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

SACEUR
Recruit

Post by SACEUR » 2002-07-31 18:35:00

Hmm It is actually version 1.9 I'm useing.
Well that zero thing isn't that troublesome after all. I just got the impression that I could generate sparse objectivelists. I can get a clean airportlist at least and thats most important for CATE.

One thing I miss would be to filter on the values of the E00 files. According to the datadictonary also roads ar somehow differentiated. For my purpose this would be very nice. Just the Highways and the major freeways. Filter out the minor towns! A 128x128 with 16000+ objectives before bridges is somewhat insane. So by reduceing the total objectives before bridges to 8000 would be nice. When the roads are thinned out it should go to max 12000 objectives.

I hope I'm not too greedy :)