F4DLC ==>

Falcon 4 cockpits discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

F4DLC ==>

Post by ccc » 2002-11-03 07:49:00

[ Link erased ]

Obviously falcon4 modder(s) from Japan bring us some nice stuff..

check some item.. vehicle skins are very nice, i like ground vehicle skins most, better replace my outdated ones with them.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: F4DLC ==>

Post by ccc » 2002-11-03 11:48:00

Just test the pits and ground vehicle skins... though FOV needs minor tweak,

Aeyes
Lt Colonel

Post by Aeyes » 2002-11-03 13:14:00

This guys has stolen my graphic previews and built a few pits of it.
This ain't nice stuff, this is simple theft and piracy. :mad:

And the worst is the pits are terrible because of that. He throws my name for grabs. Anyone got a clue who this guy is?

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-03 13:31:00

Arrrrrrrrgh...no wonder i feel both look so familiar, the front 10_12 views.

Aeyes, did he use all preview views?
I've not seen views like downlow/side consoles in your previous preview pages(ages ago).. or you show them somewhere else?

Aeyes
Lt Colonel

Post by Aeyes » 2002-11-03 13:43:00

He combined the A-10 pit downviews with the F-15 and F-14 frontview material, it is really terrible. I tried to find out who he is but further than Geo-2 I couldn't come.
I don't read japanese and I don't think the readme's have a name in it sofar.
He will get a message though, through other channels.

kartz

Post by kartz » 2002-11-07 20:43:00

I don't wrote good english. > Aeyes :(
I do not defended him. I maen "the following is not a vindicate" but explanetion.
According the sentece at link that Aeyes was indignant.

----->8-------
Note:
I just suppose the Original(A-10ckptFile#891) at Aeyes Cockpitsets site was suspended for May. 20.
If you want to download it. Click Here!
----->8-------

Is it stolen? Dose he diverted part of the Aeyes's?
or Those two are exactly alike? I do not know file contents.
Anyway, he wrote "the link of file(A-10ckptFile#891) in AEYES site is not running as of May. 20, ??"
He makes the source clear. These paintings is unquestionably a Aeyes.
However, I could not see from his expression that he had some sort of dirty trick up his sleeve.

Aeyes, I didn't know the distribution form of original.
Is it sample, preview or ... other something??

You wanna forbid to distribute it secondary.
or You were indignant with him for your arts was remodeled?

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-11-08 05:13:00

Hi Katsu,

Aeyes has made his policy clear for long time, the keypoints are:

1. all his f4 mods/artwork is available on his own site ( www. cockpits.nl ) exclusively. No mirror or other secondary distribution site allowed.
2. Aeyes holds all right on his mods, exclusively graphic part -- you can't copy/modify/cut-n-paste his 2d pit graphics for any projects, whether the gfx is in complete or preview status.

Now regarding the owner of F4download center, i think he's a talented guy with great passion, though misuse something in this case.

I've checked most of his mods, learned his dedication on texture-making... i'd recommend adapt his ground vehicle textures as official skins for SP4 database. Actually some of these skins has been added in PMC theaters.

The only sensitive part is 2d cocpit. He based, or use a large amount of Aeyes' gfx for his free mod. In the case of F14/F15C pit, he took previews(mostly 10_12c.gif), organized the rest views with a combination of gfx part from other Aeyes pit gfx. We knew he's of good willing to share us something, yet this move directly challenge Aeyes' policy.

IMHO, it won't hurt to use some existing gfx in early stage of pit projects (like real photos, freeware from MSFS, or screenshots from commerical products). Agree or not, the point is tweaking/modifying them to such a extent that the whole gfx can be recognized as your own creation, or won't concern with any copyright issue.

Aeyes
Lt Colonel

Post by Aeyes » 2002-11-08 12:32:00

quote:Originally posted by katsu:
I don't wrote good english. > Aeyes :(
I do not defended him. I maen "the following is not a vindicate" but explanetion.
According the sentece at link that Aeyes was indignant.

----->8-------
Note:
I just suppose the Original(A-10ckptFile#891) at Aeyes Cockpitsets site was suspended for May. 20.
If you want to download it. Click Here!
----->8-------

Is it stolen? Dose he diverted part of the Aeyes's?
or Those two are exactly alike? I do not know file contents.
Anyway, he wrote "the link of file(A-10ckptFile#891) in AEYES site is not running as of May. 20, ??"
He makes the source clear. These paintings is unquestionably a Aeyes.
However, I could not see from his expression that he had some sort of dirty trick up his sleeve.

Aeyes, I didn't know the distribution form of original.
Is it sample, preview or ... other something??

You wanna forbid to distribute it secondary.
or You were indignant with him for your arts was remodeled?
Hi Katsu,
It is like CCC explained, my policy to distribute my material via cockpits.nl only.
The problem I have with F4DLC and the guy who maintains that website is that you can't go cutting up parts of released material made by others and distribute it as if it was something new.
And to top that off, the new parts are blown up previews of material to be released. So somebody who is releasing cockpits while using my material while I am still working on it is a little too much In my opinion. Obviously I was never asked if he could use it, distribute it, cut material up and redistribute it and so on.
I want the f4 community to have quality material to fly with, not material that would never be up to my standard, and is obviously my material, but heavily enlarged.

Anyway, the main problem is solved now, the F-14 and F-15 are removed, although I still see some F/A-18, F-4 and A-10 material on the site.

kartz

Post by kartz » 2002-11-08 14:03:00

First of all, the cause what Aeyes is angry with him are each of them(copyright & re-distribution), just as I had. :D
It's natural thing for a maker(creator) I think. Anyone who create art(s),
he is proud of his work and the work is valuables. ;)
quote: Now regarding the owner of F4download center, i think he's a talented guy with great passion, though misuse something in this case.
ccc I agree with you. He must demonstrate his ability as a good creator in F4
world.
And I'm looking forward to enjoy grand vehcle textures in SP4.

And I hope this dose not had a bad influence upon them.
I wish for gooooood F4 world!

BTW he already knows it. therefore the main problem is solved? but a part of problem is still lingers on... n?
uhmm... anyway I wish all of them are solved soon.

Return to “Falcon 4 Cockpits”