Europe Theater suggestions

Europe theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ramstein

Europe Theater suggestions

Post by ramstein » 2002-06-05 17:25:00

I have a couple suggestions, some for war, others for eye candy.

first some eye candy, (why not :) )
The Alps are really fun, that would be nice if someone can handle the large task of doing the terrain. the pictures are widely avaialble.

Now thew war. While I am a USAF veteran, and was stationed in Germany, a long time ago. I can say there are strategic places in Germany that i am sure the enemy (whoever they are) would love to find and take out. There are a few highly technical tactical undergound command structures, and also place with highly technical communications used by NATO. Hint, Ramstein AB is a large part of this and the surrounding areas. I have not yet flown the European campaign, I just downloaded the new Beta. But I bet those structures are iether not known about or known where they are. I am certain that everyone oin the area knows about the Kinsbach (sp?) cave complex, communications. But maybe I better shut up about the underground one, I have been in there, and it is supposed to withstand a nuke attack and be able to survive a few months before resque. Of course this was 20 years ago, and secrets were much tighter than, now maybe the whole world knows. The Knisback caves have bustops out in front so I doubt it's is or ever was a sevret location, but getting in may be a different story.

I sure could get into the enjoyment of flying over the Alps I used to ski. The historical landmarks are really a grea tplace to visit even if you don't ski.

Ram....

;)

P.S.
don't bother tying to take out thos elittle structures ('Tab-V's) those little building, that looks like a metal cement structure, around the flight line. These little building are to store aircraft , fighters, and they are built to take direct hits. yes, the doors are too. Plenty of underground fuel storage to hit though. since civilain areas are off limits, we can keep the castles. Most are kept up and not original, but there are a few orignal that are fun to go around and invetigating. But, since we are flying over, very fast, I doubt that we will see much close up. Please leave Heidelberg alone, a really nice place.

Now, te get even with those that flashed their lights in my mirror on the Autobahn
:eek:

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Europe Theater suggestions

Post by ccc » 2002-06-06 02:35:00

cool, if you can show their cooridinates, we may place some "underground factory" models, tweak its damage tolerance value to extreme high, to simulate those cave complex.

guess its valid to use some nuke this time :D :D

ramstein

Post by ramstein » 2002-06-06 03:26:00

hehehhe

well, I am not knocking the map, but if you could get enough detail, I can tel you Kinsback is between Ramstein and K-Town. Kaiserslaughtern. The underground command, at Ramstein, is, well, it's on the base. better not say where. but, who know, by now it might be on some tour itinerary by now after 20 years :)

-------------------
I bet there are lots of other stuff, that others know about, I heard there were tunnels that ran fromt he hills of the Landstuhl area and US Army Hostpital that were from WWII for people to escape raids. The problem I see with that is that maybe there are, all these underground places from WWII, but Ramstein was built in the 1950's and the french were in on it. If the resoltion comes down to see landmarks that would be cool. There are huge trains stations and rail shipping, and some oil refineries by Mannheim and between Franfurt and Ramstein.
But if you went with European war weapons, the A10 wil be prominent but alos the British Jaguard,t he Harrier and the forest ramp for them to sit on in the trees. Yes, there are many weapons systems that were planned for the European theater but seemed to have gone by the wayside since the whole political landcape changed. Even Iceland placy a part in the European theater because AWACS come from Iceland, Tankers too to help cover Europe. This happned when things heated up around 1981 when Poland had National Strikes and the Soviet Union had not yet fallen. Zulu alert, at Ramstein had/has tactical nukes. (Zulu alert had F4 Phatoms back then), F16's were coming in around 1982/1983, even Isreal had F16's before Ramstein did. I am not sure if the weapons bunkers (very cloe to the base) are still there, but there are a few square miles of weapons bunkers neraby there too.

==============
The Bremen sea ports up in North German are really cool and have some great museums up there, with all the worlds shipping goes through, there are not only sea aqauriums there, but also many ships going back to the Vikings are on display, WWII ships and boats, and much much more is up there, it might be cool to detail the posts on the North sea and the channel too. But it is a huge area to cover, all the way from the Baltics to the Northern reaches and to the Medierranean. it is to much. but it would be fun. It all depends on who is shooting at who...
:eek:

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-06-06 04:02:00

ya, this theater mod could be the hottest.. i like mid-80, less use of aim120, and 9L/M.

Spieg

Post by Spieg » 2002-06-06 13:20:00

Well, i do not know if it's used anymore that depot in ramstein, but if you fly by that base you can see huge number of Shelters, bunkers, Satellite antennas and mass of C5 and C17 parked.

SACEUR
Recruit

Post by SACEUR » 2002-06-07 17:52:00

It extends into the mountains called the Eifel into those structures that once where major 3rd reich concentrations camp factories, some assembled tanks, V2 and planes. So look for referances on 3rd reich structures for placeing the objectives!