Beta 3:Possible bug with roads?

Europe theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ocf81

Beta 3:Possible bug with roads?

Post by ocf81 » 2002-05-10 19:48:00

I reported on this earlier in the install thread, but nobody answered, so I thought this thread might put some more attention on it.

When I was making a small practice TE yesterday, I wanted a tank batallion ot move a little. but I could not assign waypoints to a tank batallion. (which should be capable of moving)
so somehow the roadsystem sems to be defunct. I haven't tried the campaign yet, and at the moment I can't try it. (I'm not at home)

is this a bug? did I install wrongly?

swell
Recruit

Re: Beta 3:Possible bug with roads?

Post by swell » 2002-05-11 08:51:00

Hi Ocf81

You are better than me, I canty´t heaven do a TE :( and nobody Answer me :( :(

I open TE and Europe map shows but I cant add nothing to the map, it CTD's, I have tryed to change campaign an try to fly plane other than the mig-29 but I can´t too. :( :(

Can you help with this????

Thanks

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-05-11 08:55:00

i can fly instant action in Europe theater, but CTD in TE/campaign.

KBMIL
2nd Lt

Post by KBMIL » 2002-05-11 10:46:00

i guess that is because none of the objects are linked yet...
or are they ?
btw where can i get latest beta and which is latest beta? is the big map out already...i was adding some objectives to the .tac but then it was decided to make bigger map...is that version definitive now ...??

greets Mil

ocf81

Post by ocf81 » 2002-05-11 12:46:00

hmmm, I did reinstall falcon before installing Beta 3. maybe that'll help you swell.

further info:
I used the in-game TE editor, not TacEdit (I only use that one for modifying campaigns, but with little succes)

last week there was a public announcement on the frontpage with a link
to the europe page look in one of the last paragraphs, and you'll find a download link

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-05-11 13:31:00

okay lets see...
quote:I wanted a tank batallion ot move a little. but I could not assign waypoints to a tank batallion.
Thats because the 64 and 128 unofficial european installer packages contains campaign files which do not have links. Links are what connect two ground objectives together, links that ground units use to move.

Thats why you cannot have moving ground units.
quote:I open TE and Europe map shows but I cant add nothing to the map, it CTD's
You should have stated at LEAST the falcon version you are running SP2 or SP3 build and europe theater version 64 or 128.

Its kind of difficult to help with the parameters of "its not working!!1"...
quote:i can fly instant action in Europe theater, but CTD in TE/campaign
Thats weird since I know you're running latest SP3 build which works perfectly on my system with european campaign.
quote:btw where can i get latest beta and which is latest beta?
http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/europe.php
quote:i was adding some objectives to the .tac but then it was decided to make bigger map
Yeah please stop :)
quote:is that version definitive now ...??
No. The 128 theater available in the trash dir is "old 128" at the moment. its made with the old converter in different coordinates with lot of "NoName" objectives where we should have names showing.

The current or final theater files are not out there yet, I was thinking of waiting until SP3 comes out.

I've added lot of stuff for it and tons of links already. There are some ground units (more than ODS, less than Vietnam) and no surrendering units right in the beginning. They do not move much (or at all?) at the moment. Fierce air combat and ground strikes going on, real nice to be sitting on the action view and just enjoy the show. Hmm what else... uh thats about it.

Oh yeah I used my lame PakAdder to create objectives around PAK cities like army bases, depots, headquarters, radar stations and SAM sites. It seem to populate the important areas pretty nicely so far. Better than nothing I'd say and we all know how long it takes to manually place all that stuff in the campaign.

KBMIL: if you want to work on the objectives, maybe we can arrange the new and final installer for you. Let me know.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-05-11 14:05:00

ok, i'll wait more "official" release. :D

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2002-05-11 14:14:00

quote:Originally posted by ccc:
ok, i'll wait more "official" release. :D
Why?

With SP3 latest build you can run europe theater's campaign without crashes.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

KBMIL
2nd Lt

Post by KBMIL » 2002-05-11 18:49:00

quote:
KBMIL: if you want to work on the objectives, maybe we can arrange the new and final installer for you. Let me know.

i would like that very much thank you...

greetings Mil ;)

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-05-12 03:00:00

quote:Originally posted by Snake Man:
Why?
With SP3 latest build you can run europe theater's campaign without crashes.
PMC TFW
Snake Man
just do flesh install Win98, F41.08US, and latest beta installer, then Europe beta v0.2 prview3.

no, horrible. i enounter the same error message as in ODS beta install:
=====================================
file not installed in falcon dir..wanna to choose correct folder?

dunno why it works in last install but fail this time. Now i got TWO beta uninstallable! :(

sure i put the installer in correct folder, and i clean prevous Window Regedit info. no success.

Could you contact installer master to enable some "override" mode, force them to work? They just check some error that i cann't find!!

PS: now Haiwaii wont install too. arggggh!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2002-05-12 07:05:00

quote:Originally posted by KBMIL:
i would like that very much thank you...
I sent you email.
quote:Originally posted by CCC:
i enounter the same error message as in ODS beta install:
file not installed in falcon dir..wanna to choose correct folder?
It must be your windows region/country or something like that.

If its not too much trouble, can you test it on pure Windows 98 SE English version?

Thats the version I've been running it for the day 1 and have no problems what so ever doing multiple installs/uninstalls.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

swell
Recruit

Post by swell » 2002-05-12 11:20:00

Hi Snake Man
Hi All

Sorry for my "no parameters" questions

But here it goes:

PC: Pentium4 1600Mhz - GeForce2 TI 64Mb - Windows ME
Falcon4: SP2 and yours Europe beta that I get from your trash files, a link you post in this forum, so I think it's your 128's version.

My Problems are:
In TE's,I open TE and Europe's map appears, but I can´t add anything to it, ok you said that many stuff aren't linked and if you say this is the problem with TE's I will wait for further releases. In this operation I only use the game Editor.

In campaigns its a diferent story, my intetions its to fly other than the mig-29.
I open campaign and save the flight I like them open TacEdit and try change the type of aircraft but when opem my saved campaign there are no changes, I can only fly Mig-29 from Lipehein airbase, why???

In InstantFlight and Dogfight there are no major problems.

Finally, yesterday I was flying over Biaritz Area (sutherm France) and the scenario is always the same, its seem to be in some kind of looping(the Terrain), I think that has something to do with the end of the theater or something, but you know better than me.

I hope you can help me with this and I hope my feedback help you in some way.

Thanks for all and keep the good working.

Ps:I have done a low altitude flight over the Alpes area and it was amazing..

:)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2002-05-12 11:59:00

quote:Originally posted by swell:
Europe beta that I get from your trash files, a link you post in this forum, so I think it's your 128's version.
Both 64 and the currently online (not final though) came from "euro & trash" dirs, I think the first was Euro.Trash.Bucket/ and this current is Euro128.Trash/

So there is a difference.

The difference is that the 64 should work perfectly on SP2 but the 128 does not. All the cool 128 theater fixes comes in at SP3.
quote:In TE's,I open TE and Europe's map appears
Does the european objectives appear?
quote:In campaigns its a diferent story, my intetions its to fly other than the mig-29.
The campaign squadron selection window fix comes from SP3 so currently as you are running the old SP version you can only select the possible airbases that fit into the small area.
quote:I open campaign and save the flight I like them open TacEdit
I don't know about that, never edited saved campaigns with tacedit.
quote:Biaritz Area (sutherm France) and the scenario is always the same, its seem to be in some kind of looping(the Terrain)
Hard to say, screenshot might help to figure out whats going on. If you happen to take one, use the CTRL-Z-L to get the coordinates into the view also.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2002-05-12 12:28:00

I found my install problem, its probably due to inadequate/incomplte removal of previous beta installs.

Days ago i installed a fresh F4 for latest SP beta, deleted whole falcon dir without UNINSTALLing Haiwaii and Europe theaters first.

Now i use window Control Panel, add/remove program function to remove them..no, it said unable to excute uninstall due to missing files.

so, installer master, could you tell me how to delete those hidden files/registries manually??

BTW, i successfully deleted some previous install like ODS, Falkland, Balkan, and Vnam. then install lastest ODS.. OH YEAH! it works! I can test ODS now!!! will report CTDs on other threads.

alright, how to wipe out residul files of Haiwaii and Europe?

swell
Recruit

Post by swell » 2002-05-12 15:03:00

Thanks for your answers Snake Man

I will try to answer your questions:

1:My installer name is "Europe.Theater.BETA.v0.2.preview3" and it has 19.2MB, if this one not work with SP2 please tell me were I can find the SP2 compatible one, i love this theater too much to wait for SP3.

2:"Does the european objectives appear?"
NO it freez action, I'll press the back botton and wait 20 seconds and it goes back.

3:"The campaign squadron selection window fix comes from SP3 so currently as you are running the old SP version you can only select the possible airbases that fit into the small area."
Where is this small area?????????

4:about the screen shot, when I found out how to do it I will send you to.

Thanks again Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2002-05-12 15:23:00

quote:Originally posted by CCC:
due to inadequate/incomplte removal of previous beta installs.
Days ago i installed a fresh F4 for latest SP beta, deleted whole falcon dir without UNINSTALLing Haiwaii and Europe theaters first.
Oops. Happens every now and then.
quote:Now i use window Control Panel, add/remove program function to remove them..no, it said unable to excute uninstall due to missing files. so, installer master, could you tell me how to delete those hidden files/registries manually??
There is no hidden files, the files are hidden because you deleted them.

There is other area in the europe forum about this problem, but in short delete all "SP2 Europe Theater" strings in the registry and reboot. Should work.

But better to find the other forum post about it and you get it 100% correct the first time...
quote:Originally posted by SWELL:
My installer name is "Europe.Theater.BETA.v0.2.preview3" and it has 19.2MB, if this one not work with SP2 please tell me were I can find the SP2 compatible one, i love this theater too much to wait for SP3.
Thats the 128 theater. Yes it wont fully work with SP2 because the 128 fixes are coming it with SP3 only. I have no idea where you can find the smaller Europe installer right now.
quote:NO it freez action, I'll press the back botton and wait 20 seconds and it goes back.
Yeah well obviously TE is out of the question then.
quote:Where is this small area
I'm not sure but I think its the scaled 1024x1024 coordinate area of the theater, lower left corner actually.

This is fixed in SP3.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

Zaggy
Colonel

Post by Zaggy » 2002-05-12 16:11:00

You going to totally cover the place with tree's??? that will redude SOME of the need for new terrain textures, just use a different skin ont he tree's, so the forests look different to Korea...
Daniel "Zaggy" Bell
Old-School, Grumpy and Anti-Social
Also to be found lurking round FighterOps