Kick ass sam ai

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

phoenix
Recruit

Kick ass sam ai

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-18 05:06:58

HI peeps,

Using julians great browser i have made a mod that that simply puts all versions of F4 on a newer danger level than ever before :shock:

Gone are the days of taking out a DPRK battalion with cbu-87s... :D

Now the mav is your best freind and no need to worry about shorad such as SA7,14 ect cause you wont be getting near them in the first place :D

With the help of a freind of mine who is an ex Cockney Tornado pilot we came to the conclusion that all versions of F4 needed a little more BANG for your BUCK... so to speak.

Anyways what we done was simple enough but pretty hair raising with regaurds to the F4 engine...

SA6, 11, 17 now resides in most or all red batts and you can be sure of a major kick in the ass when performing CAS... :D

After looking at various websites and working with my good freind on his advice we decided that coalition forces do not just simply fly in and take out WHOLE batts of enemy forces with one foul swoop. :roll:

Fact is that CAS is one of the most dangerous experiences a combat pilot faces and not only does it affect CAS or S&D but if your unlucky nuff to be going at it against the dreaded MG29SM killer and hapen to overfly enemy ground forces you will now get a valid launch from the pissed off dudes below.

Bad nuff the dreaded R77 is incoming but even worse when a SA6,11,17 just appears outta nowhere and wants to kick your ass as well :shock:

Nice guys those north koreans...

Will post a link soon for all 3 versions of our beloved falcon provided sm is ok about it and you F4 gurus can see what you think needs improving ect...

Chow for now 8)

molnibalage
Colonel
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Modeling

Post by molnibalage » 2007-03-18 08:38:40

Well, the DPRK don't have this weaponary, so I think that is not good idea.
If you want MORE harder enemy, play TE or play Europe campaign with FF3 or wait a bit and will be Europe for FF4/RV and many other theaters.

I also made changes, beacuse almost every modern missile is too accurate (up from '80 years), I you want to check I will send you. I changed the manouverability and chaff/flare resistance of the missiles and aircraft radars.

i_hawk
2nd Lt

Post by i_hawk » 2007-03-18 09:26:56

Flying FF4/RV. while not too many of SA-6s and such type SAMs with ground battalions... still it's very dangerous to go with CBUs against those guys... most chances are that you'll get at least some small hits... in the worst case and if not keeping yourself high enough... you'll be hanging on a chute...

And all that against "normal" ground forces... AAA battalions will take you out 99% of the time if you try to cluster them :) against this i guess JSOWs are now the best choice...
G-byte Nforce3 ultra,AMD 64 bit 3000+ 939 OC'ed to 2.25GHz, 1024MB 400 MHz CL 2.5 on dual channel , RADEON 9800 pro

phoenix
Recruit

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-18 14:11:50

Yeah,

The IADs in OF and RV are pretty animal already but its a must for AF...

Not all batts will have tracked launchers but those that do would have mainly SA6 using optical guidance.

Suppose really it would be better to just add more tracked launchers in campaigns but reason i wanted to put em into some batts is to get surprise launches when flying over enemy airspace.

Cams can get a little repetetive when all enemy airframes have been knocked out but true nuff it is pretty hard in OF,RV as is.

A surprise launch is what im after that comes outta nowhere and without warning...

Suppose it is a little over the top :)

Skwabie
Recruit

Post by Skwabie » 2007-03-18 16:58:33

Hey long time no see phoenix.
I guess the reason AF campaigns are easy is because it is unfair. 8)
We got human ATO on blue side and dumb AI ATO on the other. Having a stick is one thing, how we use it is another.
Phoenix did you add SAMs to the ground units? I'd love to learn how to do it. The red side is weak indeed but this is not always the case, especially in the Taiwan theater. :twisted: Hahaha

phoenix
Recruit

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-18 21:33:11

Hi skwabie,

Yeah i been prickin around with the good ol browser but as the guys were saying it does actually make it way too hard which is a shame cause it woulda been nice to have sam backup for the heavy artillery batts such as 1974\1975\D30 ect...

Prob is that the dam SA6 is all over the place :D

I just replaced a kraz t unit with 1 launcher so as to see what it would be like but you cant get near the batts without massive losses of wingmen plus allied apache ect are getting wasted straight away.

As regards changing strength and unit types with F4browse its pretty easy...

Just go into the units column and click on what you wanna edit and its all more or less straightforward.

Its all in redants docs so if ya want a copy just say the word...

Chow :)

Skwabie
Recruit

Post by Skwabie » 2007-03-19 00:27:47

phoenix wrote:Hi skwabie,

Yeah i been prickin around with the good ol browser but as the guys were saying it does actually make it way too hard which is a shame cause it woulda been nice to have sam backup for the heavy artillery batts such as 1974\1975\D30 ect...

Prob is that the dam SA6 is all over the place :D

I just replaced a kraz t unit with 1 launcher so as to see what it would be like but you cant get near the batts without massive losses of wingmen plus allied apache ect are getting wasted straight away.

As regards changing strength and unit types with F4browse its pretty easy...

Just go into the units column and click on what you wanna edit and its all more or less straightforward.

Its all in redants docs so if ya want a copy just say the word...

Chow :)
Roger that 'nix. I'll give it a try and see how's mud moving like in the hell. :twisted:

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Kick ass sam ai

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-19 02:06:43

phoenix wrote:Will post a link soon for all 3 versions of our beloved falcon provided sm is ok about it and you F4 gurus can see what you think needs improving ect...
Sure fine by me. Please also post some developer type of data about whats been changed and so on, it would be great if we all can learn from your work.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

phoenix
Recruit

Re: Kick ass sam ai

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-19 03:03:01

Snake Man wrote:
phoenix wrote:Will post a link soon for all 3 versions of our beloved falcon provided sm is ok about it and you F4 gurus can see what you think needs improving ect...
Sure fine by me. Please also post some developer type of data about whats been changed and so on, it would be great if we all can learn from your work.
Hi sm,

i only got this idea from studying the new sam code in RV...

The way the guys have done it is pretty kewl but it took me a few late nights to sus it out in the browser,

Anyway its basic enough to change any unit and replace it with whatever you feel like but the trick is in getting the radar and vcl\detection numbers correct so the launchers such as SA6 can detect and engage using optical guidance from whatever range you like.

A recalculation button sets up the appropriate range strength distance hitchance etc in F4 browse once the launcher is put into the battalion of choice.

What i wanted was a way to put random launchers preferrably SA6 into certain batts with maybe a 2 mile optical range and a low hit chance so as to make CAS type missions a bit more challenging...

OF and RV are already pretty hard when it comes to tankbusting but AF has the add package option which means most players just send in longbows of buffs and cam is practically won without player intervention...

Will try to post some sort of a discription of how it works in julians browser and then maybe a couple of us could get some ideas on what to add and where.

Ive also given naval ships in AF such as osa11,ulsan,jangwei san-3,6, ect so as to have them play more of a role in the sim instead of them just sitting their doing nothing...

Another prob is the dam objects folder is where f4browse puts it info so it may be a large upload\download unless i can figure what files need are affected and what needs uploading.

This really makes a BIG difference especialy in AF as the redside now gets a chance to fight off us apaches ect that imo are a little overrated in sim.

4 longbows carrying 16 hellfires each are just decimating red D30 1974\5 batts and cam can be finished by veteran F4 fliers in 1\2 days...

problem now is that every D30\1974\5 batt has a SA6 launcher which makes the sim too hard :D

will have a chat with sherlock and some of the guys in our team and see what can be done .

If i can get a way to upload the objects directory with just the needed files i will send them to you and maybe youself and some of the gurus can see what you think be it good or bad...

Chow for now :)

phoenix
Recruit

Post by phoenix » 2007-03-22 01:14:56

Yep

You guys were on the ball about these extra sam units making the cams too hard :D

Had only finished three normal korea scenarios in redviper and thought maybe they cudda been squeezed in for heavy armour brigades like T90 1975 ect but when i tried em out in korea2005 i got hammered to oblivion and back..

Its no wonder it wasnt tried out before :D

Found the same in scoobs OF cam and ended up losing major sqns of AI airframes.

Think i had about 60 or so aircraft left in OOB by day two and this was just at rookie settings so i can only imagine what ACE would be like :lol:

Chow...

Return to “Falcon 4 General”