Introduction

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ForsakenOutlaw57

Introduction

Post by ForsakenOutlaw57 » 2007-02-15 16:18:00

Hey guys. I've been over at Frugals for some time now talking about theaters for Allied Force and about ideas and this and that and I would like to help on what's currently going on in the game. I don't know how to make theaters yet but I'm willing to learn and I love making missions and campaigns, that is where the heart of a game is. Hope I can be helpful.
"So I dub thee Unforgiven..."

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Introduction

Post by Sherlock » 2007-02-15 16:25:53

ForsakenOutlaw57 wrote:Hey guys. I've been over at Frugals for some time now talking about theaters for Allied Force and about ideas and this and that and I would like to help on what's currently going on in the game. I don't know how to make theaters yet but I'm willing to learn and I love making missions and campaigns, that is where the heart of a game is. Hope I can be helpful.
Welcome to PMC FO! Glad you decided to take our offer and sign up here. Have you read through the "Ultimate Theater Tutorial" yet? Have you tried to put together a rudimentary theater yet?

How are your graphic program skills with Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? :) Right now, in order to really move these desert based theaters forward (ODS, Iran, Libya, Afghanistan) we need to make lots and lots of new terrain tiles. Problem really is that we have no Expert (to the best of my knowledge) that can show the rest of us how to do advanced things like take satellite imagery of terrain and turn it into terrain tiles (Hint, hint to SM or any others reading who can write a tutorial for this).

Have you worked with TacEdit or F4Browse before? If so, you could help out in creating new and/or better campaigns for the theaters.

Just throwing some ideas out...
Sherlock
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-02-15 16:51:08

ForsakenOutlaw57 wrote:Hey guys. I've been over at Frugals for some time now talking about theaters for Allied Force and about ideas and this and that and I would like to help on what's currently going on in the game. Hope I can be helpful.
Welcome to PMC Tactical, hope your like your stay. Its nice to have you here, always nice to have guys around who share the common interests and its being Falcon 4 Theaters in this case. Just great.

So in Frugals you said you're interested in Libyan theater?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ForsakenOutlaw57

Post by ForsakenOutlaw57 » 2007-02-19 01:20:00

Sherlock wrote:Welcome to PMC FO! Glad you decided to take our offer and sign up here. Have you read through the "Ultimate Theater Tutorial" yet? Have you tried to put together a rudimentary theater yet?

How are your graphic program skills with Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? :) Right now, in order to really move these desert based theaters forward (ODS, Iran, Libya, Afghanistan) we need to make lots and lots of new terrain tiles. Problem really is that we have no Expert (to the best of my knowledge) that can show the rest of us how to do advanced things like take satellite imagery of terrain and turn it into terrain tiles (Hint, hint to SM or any others reading who can write a tutorial for this).

Have you worked with TacEdit or F4Browse before? If so, you could help out in creating new and/or better campaigns for the theaters.

Just throwing some ideas out...
Sherlock
No I haven't read it yet but I do plan on downloading it and taking a piece to see just what is in there and trying to sort it all out. I can use Photoshop but only in a basic level. As far as graphical skills, I have none, sadly. I am awful at graphics creation. TacEdit, F4Browse, nope never used them. As far as Falcon theater creation goes, I'm newbie!
Snake Man wrote:Welcome to PMC Tactical, hope your like your stay. Its nice to have you here, always nice to have guys around who share the common interests and its being Falcon 4 Theaters in this case. Just great.

So in Frugals you said you're interested in Libyan theater?
Well I'm interested in Libya but I'm more interested in new theaters in general. If there is a single, focused effort on one theater I wouldn't mind joining that. I think the best way is focus all resources on one theater, finish that, then move to the next. Libya, Israel, Iran all of them are deserty so there will probably be a lot of similarities between them so rather than start from scratch on EACH one, use what's left over from each one that could be used on the others.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-02-19 01:30:44

Okay in that case I think you can help us on Operation Desert Storm. Its the basic theater now for middle east as the newcomer, Iran, is using same texture/tile files. So the importance of ODS's backbone is much greater now.

Since the ODS v0.512 release, I have fixed some of the CATE conf files and trying to cather a bugs list. You can check out the ODS area bugs topic for more details.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ForsakenOutlaw57

Post by ForsakenOutlaw57 » 2007-03-05 04:10:52

Hey sorry it's been so long since I responded, been busy offline. So what can I do to help?

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-03-05 05:55:48

ForsakenOutlaw57 wrote:Hey sorry it's been so long since I responded, been busy offline. So what can I do to help?
Glad you asked!

Go to this thread
viewtopic.php?t=20952
and take a look at the airbase tiles that still need to be done for ODS/IRAN (and which have not already been assigned to someone else). Pick one (or two) sets out toward the top of the list and post in that thread which one(s) you would like to do. I will put you down for your choice(s). When the tiles are a complete set then zip them up and email them to me at lod_viper1 at yahoo dot com.

Send me your email addy and I can set you up on TeamSpeak to walk you through exactly what you need to do. Here is a short thread that I put together tonight that kinda introduces whats needing to be done. viewtopic.php?t=20979
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Return to “Falcon 4 General”