Widomaker (And Everyone Else...)

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Swick
Recruit

Widomaker (And Everyone Else...)

Post by Swick » 2003-11-02 03:12:00

Widomaker (And Everyone Else),
I am looking to start creating some Theaters for F4 (OBviously). I've been screwing around for kicks and giggles and have been gathering photo-realistic tiles for CA & OR. Is that something you guys would want? Also, if I were to create a theater / Training, what would be an acceptable size limit for it? This may be a dumb question, but IF I took all the tiles I had and put them in, would there be a way to decrease the size, before using Winzip / WinRAR?
Thanks,
Swick
The CIA: "We Read Your Email So You Don't Have To... :-)"
If at first you don''t succeed,
well, so much for skydiving.... :)

Com_gp
Colonel

Re: Widomaker (And Everyone Else...)

Post by Com_gp » 2003-11-05 10:52:00

Hi Swick,

You should make a theater, its pretty of fun and you wont ever have anymore free time ;)

If you are planning on making it photoreallistic thats pretty cool, from my point of view the photoreallistic theaters add a inmersion of reallism at medium/high altitude that is pretty cool.

I hope you have a lot of data and remember that there is a maximum till its fixed in F4BMS of 4096 tiles, so that means not more of (4096*((sizeofatiles)^2)) square kilometers, right now, in its actual stage nevada (the theater im doing, a photoreallistic one) has about 3900 tiles at 2km per tile, what means 15600 square km, not really big for a flight sim theater...

I hope you have luck with your theater-making experience and if you have any question about photoreallistic theater making ill try to answer.

ComGP

Return to “Falcon 4 General”