ATC for Nevada airbases

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snowman
Recruit

ATC for Nevada airbases

Post by Snowman » 2002-09-24 16:55:00

The F4 Voice Group is producing new ATC voices for the various theaters, including Nevada.

Our actors would appreciate some help with the pronounciation of the airbase names. It would be most helpful if someone could record the names clearly and send the file to me at r_w_crawford@yahoo.com .

The list of airbase names follows. Please let me know if there are any changes.

Thank you.
Bob "Snowman" Crawford.
F4 Voice Group

P.S. I actually don't think our actors will have much trouble with these names - other than possibly "Pahute" and "Tonopah", just didn't want ComGP to feel left out ;)

========================
Baker
DesertRock
Echo Bay
Henderson
Indian Springs AF AUX
Las Vegas Muni
McCarran INTL
NellisAFB
Overtown Muni
Pahute Mesa Air Strip
Searchlight
Stonewall
Temple Bar
Tonopah Test Range

DrDetroit

Re: ATC for Nevada airbases

Post by DrDetroit » 2002-10-08 16:40:00

Hello All.

I noticed there is no ATC listing for Dreamland, AKA Area-51, located about 100 north of Las Vegas. This is where some very interesting crafts are tested.

Is there a representation of Dreamland in the form of the longest runway in the world? There should be. The little town of Rachel Nevada is just outside the restricted zone.

Been there many times and was chased out by a very bright light that suddenly turned itself on about 3 ft away from my passenger window (not a sound to be heard either!!), hovering about 5 feet above the car and followed me all the way to Rachel. About 10-million candlepower at least!

Very frickin' scary, but interesting, although my wife didn't think so. I got my ass chewed out all the way back to Las Vegas! Hee hee...

Hope to see it on the map...

Good Day.
DrDetroit

Snake122
Recruit

Post by Snake122 » 2002-10-09 20:18:00

quote:Originally posted by DrDetroit:
Hello All.

I noticed there is no ATC listing for Dreamland, AKA Area-51, located about 100 north of Las Vegas. This is where some very interesting crafts are tested.

Is there a representation of Dreamland in the form of the longest runway in the world? There should be. The little town of Rachel Nevada is just outside the restricted zone.

Been there many times and was chased out by a very bright light that suddenly turned itself on about 3 ft away from my passenger window (not a sound to be heard either!!), hovering about 5 feet above the car and followed me all the way to Rachel. About 10-million candlepower at least!

Very frickin' scary, but interesting, although my wife didn't think so. I got my ass chewed out all the way back to Las Vegas! Hee hee...

Hope to see it on the map...

Good Day.
DrDetroit

It's on my updated map that may or may not become the offical object placement. But my map will definitely be used in my Red Flag 00-01 TE. As for ATC for it, I guess it would be "Groom Lake" or "Dreamland" tower but they surely don't have a VHF or UHF freq for this. IF they even bother with radio comms there it would be secure. My bet would be that they don't use comms there at all for traffic. Even Air Force jets using the various ranges surronding it cannot over-fly Area 51 below 12,000 and over-fly is in emergencies only.

Snowman:
As for pronounciation, they all are pretty much like they seem. Tonopah sounds just like it is spelled, not sure about Pahute. Also there a lot of airports on your list in the real world that don't have towers (i.e. Echo Bay) Of course I don't think Falcon has any untowered airports. Even the highway airstips have control towers right?

DrDetroit

Post by DrDetroit » 2002-10-10 14:29:00

I think that there are comms coming out of Dreamland, that is where the name Dreamland is heard...the ATC at Groom Lake giving vectors to the Janey flights coming in and out of Mccaren airport, where the workers fly to and from the restricted test area.

If I'm not mistaken you can hear the ATC at Area-51 using the name Dreamland, for those peticular flights.

Would be kind of neat is all.

Good day.
Dr.Detroit

Snowman
Recruit

Post by Snowman » 2002-10-15 12:40:00

quote:Originally posted by Snake122:
Also there a lot of airports on your list in the real world that don't have towers (i.e. Echo Bay) Of course I don't think Falcon has any untowered airports. Even the highway airstips have control towers right?
Thanx Snake.

Any airbase that a flight might get diverted to needs an airbase name frag, not just ATC controlled bases. [the controlled bases require "xxx Approach" and "xxx Tower" frags as well].

Not sure if all the highway strips have towers - they shouldn't in SP3 Korea.