ODS bug report

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

javanree
Recruit

ODS bug report

Post by javanree » 2002-09-06 22:34:00

I seem to have found 2 bugs in ODS :

First of all, for some reason it's impossible for me, as well as several others, to get a contact in TWS/RWS radar mode when I'm going up against a Mig-21. Mig-23, Mig-29, Su-27 no problem, but Mig-21 doesn't appear until less than 10 miles out and with radar in ACM mode.

First observed in a custom TE, I also made a small TE, with 2 F-16's in Sweep going headon against Mig-21's. Result the same, couldn't lock a bandit (labels on, I knew they were where I was looking!) until up close and in ACM mode. Tried similair test in Korea and all is well, I can lock the Mig's easily, at 25 miles out or better.
Snake Man or anybody, I can send my TE's for verification if you want, contact me at "anvil (at) vanree.net"

Second bug is SDV DOV airport in Israel... there are gaps of desert in between runway sections.

Other than the Mig-21 bug, ODS is rock solid so far. Hat's off!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: ODS bug report

Post by Snake Man » 2002-09-07 03:03:00

That MIG thing is weird, does same thing happen on any other theater?

Thanks for the airport in Israel tip, I've written it down and it will be fixed in the next release.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

javanree
Recruit

Post by javanree » 2002-09-07 22:59:00

quote:Originally posted by Snake Man:
That MIG thing is weird, does same thing happen on any other theater?

Thanks for the airport in Israel tip, I've written it down and it will be fixed in the next release.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
No, tested in Korea and Europe, and it only happens in ODS.

javanree
Recruit

Post by javanree » 2002-10-08 10:44:00

OK some more weird stuff, all wrt Mig-21's only.

After bombing an airport with BLU-107's bigtime, no part of the runway left intact (debrief said all destroyed) I saw 4 Mig-21's taking off.

When trying to land my F-16 I crashed on the first crater I encountered.

I'm beginning to believe that somebody made a little error while in F4Browse or something, Mig-21 is definately NOT working as it was in Korea.

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-08 11:50:00

quote:Originally posted by javanree:
OK some more weird stuff, all wrt Mig-21's only.

After bombing an airport with BLU-107's bigtime, no part of the runway left intact (debrief said all destroyed) I saw 4 Mig-21's taking off.

When trying to land my F-16 I crashed on the first crater I encountered.

I'm beginning to believe that somebody made a little error while in F4Browse or something, Mig-21 is definately NOT working as it was in Korea.
I have noticed this before I installed SP3 an the SP3 was supposd to fix that and destroyed airways could not be used. However I think that if you attack an airway and destroy it, it will not be usable after you finish the mission. About the fact the you say you tried to land but you crashed, I don't know why this is the case.

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

AlliedHawk

Post by AlliedHawk » 2002-10-09 18:30:00

Hi,

First of all, this theater looks great! Especially when you've read Vipers in the Storm, a smust-read! Everything seems to be just like in the book.

I've been flying the Desert Storm campaign lately and have some (small) bugs to report. I can't access F4 at the moment but I will try to remember them.

-When I came back from a 250 miles-yourney out of Iraq I wanted to land at the homeplate of Al Ahsa (I was flying with 4th FS Fighting Fujins). But just when I landed on the runway I suddenly saw an entire armored brigade driving around on the runway. Inevitable I ran into a Saudi K-200 (?) which killed me.... -->Court Martial!

-At King Abdulaziz Naval Base planes start coming in at about one mile to early, which makes them land in the sand.

-The campaign engine displays Saudi A-10's, but the country doesn't posess them.

Keep up the good work!

AlliedHawk

Ice
Recruit

Post by Ice » 2002-10-13 17:22:00

Snake Man,

All Anvil say's goes for me system/setup aswell, as for 7 other joks.

Ice.
         "The Dutch"

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”