Problems with Vietnam Add-on

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Problems with Vietnam Add-on

Post by Guest » 2000-11-19 20:52:00

Hello fellow Falcon 4 fliers. I tried installing the new Vietnam terrain last night and ran into some problems. I followed the instructions in the readme (I think) and I seem to get a crash to desktop everytime I try to start the campaign. Also, can someone explain the step about backing up the falcondir\campaign\Save directory (te.new.tac, save?.*,instant.cam?
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that directory. One last thing, where is this new tac. engagement template? I am new to switching between terrains and I think I may have screwed something up. Thanks in advance for any advice.

System specs:
PIII 700 mhz, DX 7.0a, C.L. Geforce and C.L. Voodoo2, Win. 98 SE, latest patch, and ibeta executable (I think it is 1.08i2). I am not using the latest realism patches by ibeta.

Griff

Re: Problems with Vietnam Add-on

Post by Guest » 2000-11-19 23:27:00

Backing up the campaign means that you simply copy the whole \campaign\Save directory. This way when you get back to Korea you can restore the original files.

CTD on Campaign start... hmm, do you see the Vietnam airbase names in the squadron selection?

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-20 07:29:00

Okay, I tried a reinstall and patched Falcon 4.0. When I start a campaign, I do not see any bases or squadrons or bases on the map...the map is blank. Did I not put a file in the wrong place? Is this why I get the crash to desktop...no squadrons? Thanks and let me know what I did wrong (sounds like a user error).

Griff

Post by Guest » 2000-11-20 13:42:00

Oh thats an easy thing to solve. You need to activate the Fly Any Plane patch, because in Vietnam Theater there is no F-16 squadrons to fly on.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-20 18:05:00

Okay, how do I activate the "fly any plane" patch? I have been away from the Falcon 4 loop for a while.

Post by Guest » 2000-11-20 18:40:00

you can find it at falcon40.com under downloads. I'm pretty sure it requires a fresh install. Search Delphi they talk alot about it.

Post by Guest » 2000-11-20 18:48:00

Please download iBETA 3.0 + F4Patch v2.1 or you can go directly to eRAZOR exe. Both of those solutions have Fly Any Plane selectable.

ps eRAZOR is the future, ibeta/rpg is dying.

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-11-21 05:00:00

Thanks for all the help...I finally got it working. Now to enjoy it!

Thanks again!