How do I edit a single tile or two?

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

toonces
Brig. General

How do I edit a single tile or two?

Post by toonces » 2009-05-29 17:11:23

I don't want to say exactly what it is I'm trying to do, because I want it to be a surprise :)

But, in general, I'd like to be able to paint an outline of something on the ground. For example, if I wanted to edit the appearance of a runway, how do I do that exactly? I don't want to edit the attributes or anything like that, just add some lines and such.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: How do I edit a single tile or two?

Post by Snake Man » 2009-05-29 19:26:07

Take the H*.pcx tile, edit it as you wish, but remember the basic texture tile rules of F4 world (which I'm not going to repeat here, they are all listed in the wiki, however if you specifically ARE looking for that info, sort of "hold my hand and walk me through" I can do that too), then remember to delete the M and L tiles, then resize the H tile down to these two deleted tiles, ie M*.pcx and L*.pcx with the proper resolution (or if you're totally lazy just edit the H one, but the far horizon images then come up with the old unedited tiles).

Then run seasonswitcher... hmm or if you edited the DDS files directly then you dont need to do even that, but most likely you are like me, work with PCX tiles as I have no dds converting stuff in my photoshop etc.

Anyways like I said in the first paragraph, if you need the hold hand walkthrough, just ask.

Can't wait to see your surprise ;)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Terrain / Theater”