TE modules and ownership of territory

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

TE modules and ownership of territory

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-03-04 00:19:27

I have a question for anyone with knowledge.. I have noticed that in the New Nevada release and the Iran theaters also, when someone is working in the TE module creating a TE, you cannot use the Teams button and the paintbrush to change ownership of territories.. I have tried doing this one click at a time also, but without sucess as the changes will not stick..This is a big drawback right now because you cannot create TEs with territories already assigned..I have tried every thing I know to work around this but to no avail..Tacedit will not work with a saved TE, at least for me, and i am no expert with Tacedit anyway.. I would like someone who has the knowledge to tell me how to work around this problem..Your hep will be appreciated..Thanks..PB

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-03-05 14:50:35

Just checked back to see if anyone rep[lied to this query.. I really need some help here guys as we fly this ODS theater all the time and I write TEs weekly for it.. I could use a little help if anyone has a solution..Thanks in advance!..PB

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2008-03-05 16:35:52

Sorry I don't have a solution but if you are willing to learn by searching here at PMC and then testing on your own you can probably figure it out. As an added boost this is an area that has needed attention for a long time and no one has stepped up to the plate and taken it on.

I'm a willing to act as a sounding board for ideas but that is all the time I currently have. Sorry.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-03-05 22:10:11

Sherlock I wouldnt have a clue where to begin really.. Ive never really fooled around with all the theater tools you fellows use.. I know F-4 Browse fairley well from years ago when I used to fly off-line but havent used it for anything for ever.. I wouldnt mind doing it if I just knew where to start looking.. I dont know what it is that controls it myself do you?..Thanks buddy for your reply..PB

Closter
Captain

Post by Closter » 2008-03-06 09:20:55

Some questions:

-What flavour of Falcon are you flying? AF, OF or RV?

-Are there any read-only files in your Falcon dir?

Clues:

-Try to use tacedit on the relevant te_new.tac, the occupation map thing over there.

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-03-06 14:56:53

I fly Open Falcon only. I will have a look at the file structure and try your suggestions.. Ill post back here once Ive done some expermentation..Thanks for the clues to this mystery..PB

Return to “Terrain / Theater”