CSV Problem

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Epic
2nd Lt

CSV Problem

Post by Epic » 2007-05-18 22:08:12

Snakeman

I downloaded all my data. I used Dem2terrain to create my l2,tdf, and objective csv file. I used tacedit to extract just the airbases and created a new airbase csv file to use with CATE for the airbase config file.

When I loaded my BMP to see how the objectives looked with it, the map and the objectives were not in "synch". I tried different zoom levels, but it looked like not all the objectives were there.

At first, I thought it might have been caused by using the Korean save0.cam, which is 64 seg. My theater is 128. So I used Balkans save0.cam cleared it out imported my csv objective file and I had the same problem. Have you seen anything like this before? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Epic

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-05-18 22:32:12

What do you mean by they were not in sync? Can you show us a screenshot of the problem?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Epic
2nd Lt

Objects/Map Synch

Post by Epic » 2007-05-21 01:51:27

SM

Here is a screenshot from TacEdit. From the shape of the objects in relation to the map it almost looks like not all the objects are there. The objects on the Florida Penninsula look like they are the right dimensions for the map, but the objects don't go far enough South. Hopefully I am wrong. Here is a screenshot. When I zoom in the map looks better, but some of the objects are off the screen and I can't scroll over to them.

Thanks,

Epic

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-05-21 02:45:34

aused by using the Korean save0.cam, which is 64 seg. My theater is 128. So I used Balkans save0.cam
Well Balkans is 64 segments too didnt you know that?

It does not matter what campaign file you take, as you as you clear it out completely and setup the theater name and size properly.
Here is a screenshot from TacEdit. From the shape of the objects in relation to the map it almost looks like not all the objects are there.
Sorry but that screenshot dont look like any error I've seen before. Follow up on my above statement and try again.

Also, are you sure the bitmap is correct size?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Epic
2nd Lt

TacEdit

Post by Epic » 2007-05-21 03:05:50

SM
Well Balkans is 64 segments too didnt you know that?
No, I thought that Balkans was 128 for some reason.
It does not matter what campaign file you take, as you as you clear it out completely and setup the theater name and size properly.
How do you set the theater size in TacEdit?
Also, are you sure the bitmap is correct size?
I used Terrain View to create the bitmap, so it should be correct automatically, right?
Follow up on my above statement and try again.
I will try starting over again. I tried reloading all my features into Dem2Terrain and creating a new objectives.csv, but that didn't work. I will start from scratch in case I mixed up some files.

Thanks,

Epic

Epic
2nd Lt

Fixed

Post by Epic » 2007-05-21 05:49:22

SM

I reloaded all my data into Dem2terrain, re-generated all my files, reloaded into TacEdit and changed the theater size. I believe the theater size was the problem. :roll: I was getting to far ahead of myself.

Thanks,

Epic

Return to “Terrain / Theater”