TerrainEditor Utility

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Luk
Brig. General

Re: TerrainEditor Utility

Post by Luk » 2010-10-18 13:19:56

I guess it is situated in the "Patches" section as an update. :)
http://programs.sakgiok.gr/TerrainEditor/Patches/

Luk
Last edited by Luk on 2010-10-18 18:18:42, edited 1 time in total.

Polak
Captain

Post by Polak » 2010-10-18 13:40:13

Install the TE and it will update itself with build in updater. Nothing easier and more simple than that.

demer928
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by demer928 » 2010-10-19 22:57:25

monster,

still getting an error,subscript out of range.....No Objectives in this file... when trying to open te_new.tac in ObjectiveLab.
Theater is PMC_IRAN 3.1

demer

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-20 09:54:17

To install the latest version you must have at least the 3.1.1 version installed (links at the first topic of this thread). Then, you can either use the autoupdate from within the program, or, as Luk said, goto http://programs.sakgiok.gr/TerrainEditor/Patches/ download the latest patch and do a manual update again from within the program.

@demer928: I downloaded and installed PMC_IRAN 3.1 and I opened the te_new.tac without any problems. Are you using the latest TerrainEditor version (3.1.6)? If yes can you send me the te_new.tac file you are using to see what's wrong [sakgiok (at) hotmail.com]?
East Mediterranean Front (EMF) Developer
http://forum.eastmedfront.net

Fighting Falcon
Recruit
Editing Interests: Texturing

Post by Fighting Falcon » 2010-10-20 15:34:40

Everything works, the program and exceptional. See all my works of new land. Stef Taiwan, Balkans,

Gentlemen, at this school you learn to fight, who finished second is not classified.

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-10-20 23:24:46

monster wrote: @demer928: I downloaded and installed PMC_IRAN 3.1 and I opened the te_new.tac without any problems. Are you using the latest TerrainEditor version (3.1.6)? If yes can you send me the te_new.tac file you are using to see what's wrong [sakgiok (at) hotmail.com]?
@monster,
Yes, I'm using 3.1.6, and no, you already have the file, it is the same.
Checked it in my FF5.0 install and everything is fine.
But,when I try it in FF5.5.2..........NoGo.
Even the "Stock" Korea TE_new.tac (which is unlocked) pop's up with bad FED count's?????
Something is apparently wrong in the FF5.5.2 terrdata\objects, which was "Supposed" to be the "Master Database" for Theater development.What version did you build your 3.1.6 update on??? That may be the culprit. I know for a fact that every time the ModelDataBase and DataDataBase's are rebuilt in Falcon that CT#'s may change.So just like any tool you need to keep up with those change's.

regard's
demer

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-21 16:03:24

***LONG BORING POST WARNING***

Demer928, you are right, you cannot load the Iran te_new.tac with TerrainEditor 3.1.6 in FF5.5. Let me explain a little bit the reasons...

TerrainEditor (as I wrote in the first post) was developed with OF installations. In OF (and AF surprisingly) , everything is pretty much standard. For every theater, you know where to find everything (database, terrain etc) and all file formats are standard (and more or less documented throughout Internet).

After the first release, I got some requests from people working with FF, and decided to make TerrainEditor compatible with FF as much as possible. Of course, since FF is an Falcon exe edit, with no documentation about the changes in file usage and formats (at least I couldn't find any documentation), I had to do some "reverse engineering" stunts to figure out what was happening.

Coming to your exact problem with the Iran theater, that's what happened:

The loading of the tac file is not the problem. In order to display the contents of an objective to the map though, the program must load the corresponding Database. And there is the problem.

When I first tried to get the DB from FF, I saw a strange thing in the default theaters (Korea etc.) tdf files (the files that define the theater and lists the theater's folders). In addition to the standard objectdir entry (that defines the Database folder for the theater), there is another entry that reads specialdbdir. Being curious about what that entry was, I navigated to that folder and I saw that it holds some Database files. Without knowing what exactly the purpose of that folder is, I assumed (and still assuming) that any theater can define a folder like this, in order to have it's own Database. When FF loads, it first check this folder for the Database files, and if it doesn't find a file, then it looks into the normal objectdir folder.

As a concept, it worked (while looking for files), but when I tried to open falcon4.ct from the new folder, I got a "subscript out of range" error. This file holds the CT entries for the Database, and (in OF at least) it is supposed to have two bytes at the beginning of the file, holding the number of CT entries in the file, followed by these entries. When I examined this file, I was a little surprised to find that the first two bytes were 0s, while the file had two additional bytes at the end of it, holding the number of CT entries. Assuming that this was another FF exe change, I modified TerrainEditor so, if it was a FF theater, to open the Falcon4.ct by reading the end of the file for the CT entries (this also applies to the FED and OCD files that TerrainEditor uses).

As it turns out now, that was wrong as well. If a theater doesn't have a specialdbdir folder, it will use the normal objectdir folder. For the default FF object folder (terrdata\objects), the Falcon4.ct file format is the same as OF's (CT entries at the beginning of the file). Apparently, FF exe has the ability to work with both file formats.

That's why you were getting this error when trying to open the Iran te_new.tac. TerrainEditor is now corrected and will open the Iran tac (wait for the new update to 3.1.7) but I want to emphasize, it is only for the moment. There might be some other issues with FF as well (in general with TerrainEditor, not only for tac files), for the simple reason, I can't "reverse engineer" everything. If you find another bug, I'll do my best to guess what's wrong and fix it.

Another comment about the changes in Database. In emf, we decided to build the theater with our own database. This way, it doesn't matter what setup we are installing to (OF, FF5, FF5.5 etc.). We don't depend on the setup for the database, so it will work the same with all setups. As for keeping up with the database changes, TerrainEditor doesn't care about that. It will always read the database the theater is pointing to from scratch. Nothing is predefined in the program, so if an error pops up (not talking about the errors I talked before), the theater's developer did a mistake. For instance, while looking at the Iran te_new.tac, objects with id 9023,9058,9083 and 14395 are pointing to a CT that is not an objective but a land vehicle (CT# 132). I'm assuming that this CT in a previous version of FF (or even in AF or FF) it was an objective, but now in FF5.5 it is a vehicle. If you deployed your own Database, CT# 132 would always be an objective (although FF5.5 let's you get away with it and don't crash).

Sorry about the long post. Hope it clarifies some things.

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-10-22 21:51:53

@monster,

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Also, you are correct that the tool should be reading the terrdata\objects DB. The campaign DB is exclusive to the Stock Korea campaign's in FF5.x.x and are locked. The reason being, is that they contain edit's for only the Korea campaign's.
The terrdata\object's DB is\was supposed to be the "Master" DB for FF (A LOT of Time went into it,trust me). At the time,when I was on the team,the consensus was that those file's should remain unlocked and editable for theater builders\camp builders and hacker's like me.To further the concept,YOU the Theater builder can now have your own DB sitting nicely in your CampaignDB directory. This allow's you to not mess up a User's install when using your Theater :wink: It also allow's you to make Theater Specific edit's to your DB that do not interfere with the stock install.

Thank's Again as I await the update,
demer

Fighting Falcon
Recruit

Post by Fighting Falcon » 2010-10-23 09:20:41

Thanks Monster for everything you do.
Terrain editor seems to be the best tool out there.

1 question: what are the limits tiles in falcon?

cheers Monster.

Gentlemen, at this school you learn to fight, who finished second is not classified.

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-23 10:19:37

Thanks Fighting Falcon,

about the tiles, that's not entirely clear. Seeing the data storage that the terrain system is using, the sets number is of type "unsigned int16" (2 bytes). The sets max number for that type is 65,536 and so the max tiles number is 65,536*16=1,048,576.

That's only theoretical, because it all comes down how the Falcon exe is using these resources. I remember I read somewhere in the past that the max set number is 256 which makes the max tile offset 256*16=4,096. I really don't know the exact answer, but it can be determined by a test, by entering more than 256 sets. If you manage to enter more than 256 sets and Falcon is still working fine, you may assume the above ranges are correct (or in case of signed variable, the ranges are cut in half, that is 32,768 sets and 32,768*16=524,288 tiles).

At some point, I intend to test it and find out these ranges. I'll keep you posted. Maybe someone else though have a better picture of this.

Polak
Captain

Post by Polak » 2010-10-23 14:19:29

I think the number of tiles is limited obviously by byte allowance in the Lx and other terrain files. Current is 2 bytes so 256^ should be the ceiling. However, that perhaps can be modified by code wise men and I heard from Bald Eagle that now there is no limits to sets,so perhaps there is no limits to number of tiles as well. But ... this is only applicable to all F4 versions, but not F4AF. AF's old paletised/indexed graphic format of textures imposes limits on sets 256 and tiles to 4096. Still quite a lot.

At some point excessive number of tiles may "kick in" performance penalty of slower and older hard drives. I remember the stutters of terrain caused by slow searching and loading of many tiles in one of earlier FS vesion (2K IIRC). Anyways, over 1 mil of tiles is way beyond our reach in conventional way of making tiles for F4. Auto making tiles from photoreal sources - different story, but they too require to be seamlessly composed into the terrain.

Monster's Terrain Utility is the best there is. Recent upgrade to include Replacer and other smart functions makes evident that Sakis, not only did made a great and extensive job to create comprehensive terrain tool, but wisely is willing to improve it beyond what is available there now. It is good that recent interest in terrain making for Falcon (and that using TEU, I hope) may generate some valuable suggestions of improvements.
Last edited by Polak on 2010-10-24 01:21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Fighting Falcon
Recruit

Post by Fighting Falcon » 2010-10-23 16:48:15

Thanks Monster, and Polak

Geraki
Recruit

Post by Geraki » 2010-10-26 08:24:05

Hello Saki , question have you been contacted with F.LA.R.E (http://www.cleared-to-engage.com/) progect developer in order to work together for quicker and better result? or to suggest solutions?
I think you can help him in elevation stracture with amezing elevation tool!!
keep doing you very helpfull and profesinal work we hope to see the best results released soon!! Μπραβο!!!!

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-10-26 19:41:35

Hi Monster.
I tried to export 256seg L2 file elevation to external file.
It worked fine, I have got raw "theater.e2" file. I renamed it and imported into the Photoshop as 1 channel, 16-bit, 0-header 4096x4096 image. I did some changes etc. I saved the result as raw file again (the same settings). It is exactly the same in size as previously exported "e2" file (33 554 432). I changed the extension to "raw" then.

I wanted to import it back to L2 file.
I have used this command:
ModTerrain.exe -e +"C:\Tomp\Theater.raw" #2 =x "%D:\Work_Luk\tHEATER\__EU_NATO 256\work_256"
It loaded both files...processing... 1%...25%......94%
but I got this error message in the end:

I have also tried to load previously exported "e2" file. It was produced by "ModTerrain.exe" itself, so I did not expect problems.
But I have got the same error message in the end of the process...??
Howto setup my elevation file to load properly please?
----------
There are some cool import/export features described in the manual page:
http://docs.sakgiok.gr/manuals:terraine ... s[]=export
Are they working just in WinGUI version? Or is it possible to acess them via a command-line?

BTW - I have found some new drivers for my Win system few weeks ago. I have SP3 and all new system updates and patches. But Iam still unable to run the program in GUI mode...

Thanks
Luk

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-26 20:39:45

@Geraki: Hi Antony. I saw the site you posted and it seems like a very good job. All I can do is offer my programs and any support that might be necessary.

@Luk: Sorry about that, it might not be 100% clear in the manual. You tried to import the raw file with the -e command. What -e command does is, it takes a raw elevation file as an input (with the + switch) and applies it to the selected LODs (# switch). The raw elevation file for this switch, should have the L0 size, which then is broken down to fit on the L2 you request. That is done because L0 is the maximum detail level for elevation and is better to edit this file and then go to lower details and store them in the respective LODs (1-5).

What you wanted to do is to just edit the L2 elevation and place it back to the L2 afterwards. To do this, you should use the -r command. With this command you specify just the folder that your data are into. Your elevation filename should be theater.e2 (denotes it is a file containing elevation data with the size of L2), the same filename you got with the -x command (-r command is exactly the opposite).

Although you can do the method above, it wouldn't look good in Falcon, because you only change the L2 elevation and you might have some inconsistencies while you're moving and LODs are alternating. When I'm changing a theater's elevation, I use the -x command but for L0 (#0), then change the file (theater.e0) as I like and then use the -e command (as you tried to do) and merge these data with all the LODs (#012345). This way you can rebuild the whole terrain with the new elevation data.

It should be easier (and less complex) to use the GUI for ModTerrain (through TerrainEditor), but sorry to hear you still have problems running it. Do you still get the same error messages as before? Any ideas how to troubleshoot it?

Finally, the section in the manual that you posted, is only about the format of the files that TerrainEditor is exporting and importing. I'm afraid, there is no command line for these files, they can only be created through TerrainEditor. But you can save the data of the theater just fine with ModTerrain as well (you cannot define an area to export though).

Hope it helps...

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-10-27 14:18:09

Thank you very much for fast response Monster.
I have used the letters you adviced - and it works.
I still wonder how fast it is. I remember my first try, when you released a public version. I expected some "long-time-rotating backslash" but it was in seconds :D

Polak mentioned some new features above:
Added Feature: Ability to define an offset, horizontally and vertically, to where tdf features are plotted.
Does the program have an ability to export these moved tdf features please?
--------
Next thing is just a suggestion. I am thinking of it few years. I dream of an utility able to load a highmap(or even the native terrain), then a bitmap mask.
Then the program can flattern the areas under the mask, according to user input/setting ( can select average high of particular region, the lowest or even the highest - not so important).
It would be really usefull for lakes(probably the lowest point) and airbases(probably average). So you can load the first mask for lakes, then another for ABs.
I even contacted the wilbur creator, but he answered it is not possible in his program. I downloaded Landserf then. This GIS program can probably do it, but it is really complicated.
It would be really nice feature for your program! But i can not imagine, how hard to do is it...
Do you still get the same error messages as before? Any ideas how to troubleshoot it?
yes, i have exactly the same error message. And no idea howto fix it.

I hope "Make Terrain" program can build 256 theater and fix the normals (even for AF).

Luk

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-27 18:46:20

About the export of the moved tdfs, it is able to export tdfs from a specific region of the map, but not the moved values. The moving of tdfs is only a visual aid for tiling.

TerrainEditor has some features to editing elevation of L2 and L0 files. It is a good idea what you described, but I'm not sure if it is within the scope of the program's usage. I think it's better to get you running the program first to see all the things you can do with it and if you need something more, we can discuss it.

In the current versions of MakeTerrain and ModTerrain that I'm working (not public yet), I've incorporated the ability to define a "mask" binary file, which tells the program that it will override specific areas and put a fixed elevation there (in all LODs). Maybe this can be useful and close to the idea you had.

Finally, I'm assuming that you managed to install TerrainEditor and now you get the path not exist error. This could happen in earlier versions (including 3.1.1 that you are installing) when there are some theater entries in Falcon that no longer exist. Did you follow the steps from here to solve this issue?

Regards
Sakis

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-10-27 19:22:21

Finally, I'm assuming that you managed to install TerrainEditor and now you get the path not exist error. This could happen in earlier versions (including 3.1.1 that you are installing) when there are some theater entries in Falcon that no longer exist. Did you follow the steps from here to solve this issue?
I looked at it. I have only AF installed at the moment. There are perhaps 2 remaining folders of old FF5 instalation located in program files folder. But the main folder is empty, no exe etc situated there. AF install means nothing for your program I guess. So we can skip this first part of the fix, i guess:

Code: Select all

Since you cannot start the program you cannot autoupdate but there is a workaround for this. First, try to fix the most common reason why the error occurs:
      Open the the file theaters.lst from your Falcon folder with the notepad.
      Check to see that all entries in this file correspond to an actual file in your Falcon setup.
      If an entry doesn't, delete the whole line, or mark it inactive by adding a # character in front of the line.
      Save the file and try again opening TerrainEditor.
There is also the second part of "fixing" process:

Code: Select all

If the above steps don't help, try the following:

Download the TerrainEditor_UPD.zip, open it and unzip it in the installation folder of TerrainEditor (usually it is C:\Program Files\TerrainEditor).
      Run the TerrainEditor_UPD.exe. This is a 3.1.5 executable, with it's version set to 3.1.4 though. This way, you can start TerrainEditor and perform a autoupdate.
      After the update is finished and the program is restarted, exit TerrainEditor and delete the TerrainEditor_UPD.exe file you copied earlier.
      Now you can run the program as usual.
Unfortunaly the mentioned link is dead.
Thanks for support.
Luk

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-27 19:39:14

Sorry about that, I recently rearranged some folders and I didn't notice it...
The link is fixed now...

For the first method, TerrainEditor looks for OF/FF registry entries to look for an installation. Since you don't have any OF/FF installations working on your system, you may still have the registry entries, so that's why the error occurs. Your solution might be as simple as deleting these registry entries. These entries are in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicroProse". You could delete the entire key or rename it to something like "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicroProse_old" to stop the program from looking for this installation.

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-10-27 20:11:47

:D :D :D :D :D :D
I tried UPD exe at first(BTW i have it 2x - also some previous download).
But still the same error......then renamed the registry entry....and it works!
Thank you very much Monster!
Luk
EDIT: the only drawback is, I have to rename registry entry each time I want to run some older apps (for example SPTinstall)

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-10-28 06:21:28

Nice to hear Luk. Wait a little for the next update (3.1.7) and it will be fixed, you won't have to rename the registry anymore.

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-10-28 06:25:05

Thanks!
:)
Luk

Fighting Falcon
Recruit

Post by Fighting Falcon » 2010-11-01 15:03:53

hello monster.
the last up date has something wrong. pe to work properly I had to go to 3.16

Elevation wrong, wrong fartiles, load textur bin crashes ...
3.16 and perfect

my work with your tools ... cheers
http://freefalcon5.forumattivo.com/scen ... 5.htm#1225

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-01 21:50:56

Yes, sorry about this, I realized there was something wrong after I deployed it. It's a complex program and unfortunately, It's difficult to test everything before. In about 20 minutes, 3.1.8 will be up, which I hope solves everything.

Let me know if you have any more issues...

Fighting Falcon
Recruit

Post by Fighting Falcon » 2010-11-03 19:51:25

monster wrote:Yes, sorry about this, I realized there was something wrong after I deployed it. It's a complex program and unfortunately, It's difficult to test everything before. In about 20 minutes, 3.1.8 will be up, which I hope solves everything.

Let me know if you have any more issues...

Monster works ok la version 3.18, the 3D view because blocking program.

Thank you for what you do :D

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-11-05 15:25:26

Does the 3D view module need to load any of fartiles.* files to work properly?

I guess no - only H*.dds files are used for 3D terrain preview.

Luk

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-05 20:24:20

Only h*.dds files are needed for 3D. Is there a problem with the latest version? I can't check it now because I'm not home, I'll be back Monday.

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-11-07 18:08:15

Only h*.dds files are needed for 3D. Is there a problem with the latest version? I can't check it now because I'm not home, I'll be back Monday.
I dont know. Perhaps it has nothing to do with latest version. I just have ctd when trying to enter 3D view. I tried with AF 128 terrain, dds converted by XingView. Other modules work fine(I can see my terrain in "top" view. I did not generated any fartiles (Xing is not a seasonswitcher... :))

A was flying in 3D about month ago in another computer and over default FF5 Korea. I can try to fly over my AF terrain there...just short in time now.

Luk

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-11 16:07:29

Everything should be fine with the latest patch. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Fighting Falcon
Recruit

Post by Fighting Falcon » 2010-11-11 19:04:24

monster wrote:Everything should be fine with the latest patch. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Thank you monster, I will try now :P

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-11-11 21:00:51

I am sorry, but I can not run the program for an update.
I have ver. 3.1.8 - it worked during the last weekend (except the 3D module + AF terrain). Now i can not run the program - have runtime 76 path error. But the registry is renamed to "old".
I am really sorry, still thinking its my fault - ver 3.1.8 worked fine few days ago. Ok, I got few beers when walked the dog, but can not to find a solution/my misstake. Registry is renamed ( it was the only problem), I did not install any new falcon ver. (BTW i can not run it even with normal registry). Sorry. ?

Luk

BTW I love your "portable" EXE utilities SO much! MAPeditor and similar does not care abot registry etc. And it is so cool. I still have a headache when remember old Falcon utilities and their registry dependence. Is it so important linkeage? I dont think its an advantage to mod active/installed theater. It is better to mod something independent, stored in a safe place IMHO.

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-11 22:32:58

I'm really sorry to hear it Luk. Let's try a trace...

If you can download the http://programs.sakgiok.gr/TerrainEdito ... 0.9_TR.zip and unzip it into the program's folder. Then run it and a file called TracingResults.txt should be created. Just send it to me at sakgiok (at) hotmail.com. Then we should see what's happening and try to fix it for you...

Thanks for the kind words...

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-11-12 20:22:59

I posted the produced file yesterday.

I just want to inform you, I realized the difference since last sucessfull program lunch. When I closed the program the last time, I moded the therrain stored in external 1TB harddrive. This HDD was down during my last tries. I wanted to load another terrain, stored in main HDD. I wanted to choose definition file for it. I did not know, it is impossible to run the program first, then select desired tdf file. The last active terrain should be "acessible" for the program to run.

Luk
EDIT:
updated to the ver 3.1.9, loaded T3D module, have flied over the AF terrain. OK, thanks.

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-12 20:32:30

Ok Luk, good news. I'll fix it for next release. Thanks.

Polak
Captain

Post by Polak » 2010-11-13 17:55:44

Thank you for continously updating and upgrading your program. I have installed 3.1.9 and unfortunately windows of the program seems not to be showing anymore. Should I reinstall it from scratch and then upgrade? Other that that as always big kudos for this Terrain Tool.

To safe on time I reply to myself- reinstall from scratch and automatically upgrade. Thanks.

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-11-13 18:54:36

Monster,
Thank's for the update, as alway's, your continued work on this valuable tool for Falcon is much appreciated.
Many,many,many Thank's........ it has saved me countless hour's in the Iran Theater!!!!! 8-)

If I may ask???
Do you have any plan's to expand the Obj. Lab????
If so,and this is from a Theater\Campaign Hacker's view,here is my wishlist for it.
-Ability to View Objective Links and Repair,Redraw and Reconcile to Paths in the Theater View
-Ability to Drag and Drop Objective's on the Map
and last,this is the hard one!!!!
-Ability to view and manipulate Units

If not,so be it.......still one of the best tool's out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again,many thank's,

demer

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-13 20:51:50

@Polak
That's a little weird... Did you see the windows in the taskbar or there weren't any sign of them anywhere (no matter if the windows were checked in the menus)? I assume a reinstall fixed it, correct?

@demer928
Thanks, I was thinking about links, as it is important to the campaign. I'll give it a look and try something out.

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-11-13 21:40:55

[quote="monster
@demer928
Thanks, I was thinking about links, as it is important to the campaign. I'll give it a look and try something out.[/quote]

TIA,
Simple Advise here(and I have been trying to get this through our HEAD's for sometime now!!!)
Objective Link's = Where the GU's need to go as Tasked by the GTM!!! No Link = NO GO!!!!! (and let's not even get into Parant\Child\ MoveCost here and how the CODE use's it!!!!)
Path's = How the GU's are able to get to the Obj. No Path = NO GO!!!!!!
Road's= ARTWORK drawn on a Tile that unless it has a defined "Path" is useless other then you can SEE that there is a road drawn on that tile!!!!!!!
REMEMBER NO PATH=NO GU MOVEMENT over that TILE!!!!!

Again, Thank's for your interest,Me think's this will be the Ultimate Pwnage!!!

Regard's

demer

Polak
Captain

Post by Polak » 2010-11-14 00:38:37

@Polak
That's a little weird... Did you see the windows in the taskbar or there weren't any sign of them anywhere (no matter if the windows were checked in the menus)? I assume a reinstall fixed it, correct?
Yes, reinstallation has fixed all.
As for the problem.... I saw the program running on the task bar and was also monitoring it on Task Manager. It was running and sometimes opened 2nd instance of the program. None of the windows except for Main TE window wanted to appear and the latter only was shoing as a outline frame without any content. Again reinstall fixed all.

monster
2nd Lt

Post by monster » 2010-11-14 20:19:49

v3.2.0 is out, adding some ability to edit links. Hope you like it...