Panama FF/RV Installer

Panama theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

toonces
Brig. General

Re: Panama FF/RV Installer

Post by toonces » 2009-09-21 01:28:26

Stefan, you know better than that. Why don't you ask me man? You know I've been working on this a while now. There's some serious DB conflicts in ccc's version with the FF5 DB. I have it working now...

ccc: I've been working hard on save1.cam the last few days. A few things, and keep in mind that this is ALOT of speculation on my part:

1. The supply and fuel for objectives in save1.cam is totally porked. This is what is causing the hesitation in the red forces. When a red unit captures an obj., it "gives" the obj supply ability. Units need to be able to move from one supply point to another, within some radius. If the supply points are too far apart, the unit won't move. I don't know what the radius is, and this could just be wishful thinking on my part. I spend a few hours editing the supply and fuel for every objective in save1.cam tonight and ground movement is much more vigorous. Don't bother doing it yourself; when I'm done editing I'll upload the campaign and you can do your own testing on it to see whether I'm right or not.

2. The PAKs are also messed up. All major PAKs are 81. The engine doesn't know what to do when all objectives have the same pri. I edited David to pri=99 and the ground tasking goes to Major Offensive-David right after Santiago is captured.

3. I set bridges=0, but bridges are still getting struck. I changed bridge pri to 0 or ALL teams. Doesn't matter. Is there a way to make bridges indestructible?

Panama is my priority now. I hope to have two of Malc's campaigns fixed up to FF5 DB standards, as well as two "hypthetical" campaigns based on Cooperative Cope Thunder exercise by next weekend. While the campaigns will only work with FF5, with minor edits, they should be able to be taken to working status for OF and AF if someone wants to take the time to tacedit them with the OF/AF DB. The objectives should work, and provided the terrain is fixed with ccc's edit, the campaign should be good to go.

I hope some of the OF and AF dev's are still around and want to pick up this campaign and run with it after I upload. I don't see any reason why we can't all work together and share information to further campaign development for ALL Falcon versions; but I only have time to edit in one version :P .

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2009-09-21 01:32:46

One more thing: I have probably referred to this thread 40 times in the last 3 weeks. I can't tell you how valuable your AARs are for figuring out if/how the campaigns are working/diverging in FF5. Seriously. I keep stressing to folks that the kind of info you posted is so critically vital to campaign development...the message just doesn't sink in though.

So thanks!

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2010-04-23 04:05:20

@Snakeman or Malc (or anyone else for that matter who might know!):

I'm looking for the coordinates needed for input into Pathmaker.ini file for Panama, e.g, the coordinates for Korea128 are:
SW Long=123.0
SW Lat=33.84375
NE Long=133.0
NE Lat=43.84375

Anyone got them? I've looked through the files that come with the installer for Panama and I couldn't find them included.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2010-05-07 09:36:04

Simple I don't know the coordinates.

Also personally I haven't used the coordinates in theater tools at all, some of them have some functions that use them, but most of the general work doesn't require them.

Where do you need the coordinate system to be available?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-05-08 17:28:38

Snake Man wrote:Simple I don't know the coordinates.

Also personally I haven't used the coordinates in theater tools at all, some of them have some functions that use them, but most of the general work doesn't require them.

Where do you need the coordinate system to be available?
Needed the bmp picture of Panama with the road network to double check linkage. The tga pics provided in AF version when pulled out of resource files are mottled and not clear.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-05-08 20:27:03

Needed the bmp picture of Panama with the road network to double check linkage. The tga pics provided in AF version when pulled out of resource files are mottled and not clear.
I think, the best way is to use Phoenix's "thr creator" and make "thr" file of the theater. Then you can load your "thr" file in tacedit and export it to bmp(hide all objectives/units first). You will get very clear image of the road network (you can check plain/farm only terrain in thr creator for example).

Luk

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-06-01 16:21:12

Thought I better post these coordinates before I forget. These were provided by Malc, the creator of Panama, via PM at FF forums:

[Panama]
NW: Lat 13.6031 Long -83.736
NE: Lat 13.6031 Long -74.264
SW: Lat 4.39686 Long -83.6167
SE: Lat 4.39686 Long -74.3833
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-07-28 14:27:23

http://www.multiupload.com/OTXO5025T3