Pre Alpha release 09-06-07

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Pre Alpha release 09-06-07

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-06 03:51:15

This is the Vietnam: The Experience pre Alpha 09-06-07 release, it is our first release for ArmA.

Pre alpha means that this is very early version and work in progress. Usually the release cycles go from alpha to beta to release candidate into the final release. So this release is the first and most incomplete. We just want to warn anyone who is interested to not get their hopes up, VTE team is not in the business to overhyping their work.
  • - There are no normal or specular maps.
    - All soldier models are re-textures.
    - No new "ArmA models".
    - No missions or campaigns.
    - No shadows on ported objects.
    - A "few" errors on arma.RPT file...
Quite bad list huh :o

Anyways this release has been strongly anticipated by the community, the initial plan was to release this over a month ago but it was my fault that I was bit busy and now took so long time to fix the objects (vegetation, houses etc) to suit this release.

This release contains the following: A4, B52, CH-34, UH-1 Huey, O1 Birddog, M113 ACAV (3 machine guns), M14, M16A1, M21, M79, RPD etc NAM era weapons, retextued BIS soldiers for US Army, NVA and Vietcong. And of course the VTE objects/islands.

Disclaimer: If you create missions with this release, be prepared to overhaul them completely in the future when we release next version, we guarantee you that classnames and stuff will change to break your missions.

Screenshots: I cannot personally take screenshots since I run ArmA with all details set to low/very low. Earlier screenshots by granQ below.

A4
O1 Birddog
M79 grenade launcher
VietCong face
CH-34
GI Joe
NVA
M113
Weapons 21st June 2007.
Huey's

Future plans: We have alot of work to do, all of the models need to be reworked, textures done, islands... configs... oh boy, dont get me started, anyone care to help? Hehe. I'm looking forward to working for the NAM stuff, it will be great.

Download VTE_pre_alpha_09-06-07.rar - 138mb.
Mirror 1: megaupload
Mirror 2: bigupload
Mirror 3: sendspace
More mirrors would be welcome.

Patch 1 has been released 09-29-07.

--- fixes: pre alpha patch 1
- M119 and DSHKM gave hasdriver errors, fixed.
- Tweaked US soldiers loadouts.
- Changed pilot to VTE pilot for few aircrafts.
- Islands have ILS error, fixed.
- All personal weapon sounds updated.
- Added special ArmA low grass config for islands.
- Added CH47 Chinook port.
- Huey cargo proxys were configured wrong, fixed.

Download VTE_pre_alpha_patch-01.rar - 4.2mb.
Mirror 1: filefront
Mirror 3: mediafire

Install

Read the text file inside the rar, its pretty clear. Unrar the files into the VTE root dir, then just execute runme.bat and patch is run. Do NOT unrar into VTE\Addons\ directory, unrar it to VTE\ directory.

Our dedicated server has been updated with the contents of this patch. Look it up from ingame browser under the name of "PMC Tactical (VTE)", have fun and keep on reporting the bugs.
Last edited by Snake Man on 2007-09-29 15:23:26, edited 5 times in total.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

bigstone
1st Lt

Post by bigstone » 2007-09-06 04:23:11

Awesome!!! Is there a way to import the OFP VTE US and NVA\VC soldeirs into this mod???

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-06 07:08:15

No. Thats the whole point why we are running now only re-textured soldiers. I mean yeah I guess you can import small parts like the VC rice hat and so on, but not the whole models... we must remodel them completely (or using the BIS example model as base) etc.

First post updated for the first download link.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

granQ
2nd Lt

Post by granQ » 2007-09-12 15:20:07

wow.. not even I knew you released, just thought you talked about it.. how could it be missed ;)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-29 15:22:47

Patch 1 has been released 09-29-07.

--- fixes: pre alpha patch 1
- M119 and DSHKM gave hasdriver errors, fixed.
- Tweaked US soldiers loadouts.
- Changed pilot to VTE pilot for few aircrafts.
- Islands have ILS error, fixed.
- All personal weapon sounds updated.
- Added special ArmA low grass config for islands.
- Added CH47 Chinook port.
- Huey cargo proxys were configured wrong, fixed.

Download VTE_pre_alpha_patch-01.rar - 4.2mb.
Mirror 1: filefront
Mirror 3: mediafire

Install

Read the text file inside the rar, its pretty clear. Unrar the files into the VTE root dir, then just execute runme.bat and patch is run. Do NOT unrar into VTE\Addons\ directory, unrar it to VTE\ directory.

Our dedicated server has been updated with the contents of this patch. Look it up from ingame browser under the name of "PMC Tactical (VTE)", have fun and keep on reporting the bugs.

tpM wanted to remind that the sounds are work in progress at the moment.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-04 19:04:47

I tried really hard to complete the next full version tonight, but no go, still have something to do but cant stay awake anymore. Been working this all day today, didn't have even time for any MP, snif.

I need to set a goal and that would be that tomorrow I will release the full version of pre-alpha (something), it cant be delayed any longer no matter how much do I like to edit it. This new version has alot of new stuff which means much of it needs tweaking of completely fixing, I even know few bugs that are in there already but they are like muzzle flashes on in helo which are not critical bugs, but if I keep tweaking and tweaking, it just takes more time.

It will be put on the dedicated server and I'll try to play there as much as possible in the next few days to get in touch with the new additions, tweaks and fixes. If and when (haha) some critical bugs are discovered, they will be fixed in a hotfix right away, but another patch would be on its way after several days of heavy MP testing. I'll try to convert the existing test missions and perhaps mock up couple of new ones for variety, seems like the AirCav mission is Vietnam scene's "Evolution" hehe.

I could use some help, must urgent gameplay effecting issue is the aircraft scripts (which control the behaviour and effects of bombs etc), so if there is some capable scripting guy with MP knowhow, please get in touch with me.

Anyways, tomorrow we have new version, maybe it comes so early I can upload, you guys download and then we can have some MP time on it. We'll see what time its out.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-05 13:18:37

Its released, as promised. Please continue discussion on the pre alpha 10-05-07 topic, thanks.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-06 07:32:40

Had to post some statistics, the pre alpha 09-06-07 was downloaded from the main host/mirror 414 times. Now in my opinion that is a lot. Also considering that amount (and perhaps how many times it was leeched from the mirrors) of downloads, I must conclude that we have fraction of the players online or anyone reporting bugs etc feedback. Anyways, just wanted to post the interesting stats.

PMC since 1984

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”