Falkland theater campaigns

Falklands theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Falkland theater campaigns

Post by Guest » 2000-09-02 06:13:00

I start a new thread to discuss campaigns.

I dunno if f4terrain team figure out how to edit new campaigns etc. yet i hope Falkland theater could include:
1.Historical 1982, Arg got Falkland first. i know Arg land not included in current theater. for now i'd like to give one or two Nimitz for both sides, Arg ones act as land AFB or May25, while Brit for HMS invincible and Hormes. and hopefully add some fighters/attackers on carriers, make campaign AI launch sorties like that in Korea campaign. doable?
2. 1982 fluid campaign. both sides occupy lands. one may own Stanley airport.
3. 1982 favor UK. but Arg is enforcing.
4. Futuristic or fictional. Brist deployed phantoms on Falkland after 1982. later replaced with Tornado(?). Arg also bought some new toys after 82. so..what about it?

FEW questions:
1.campaign engine editable?
2.Ground unit movement?
3.carrier launching aircrafts, how?
4.how to set PAK?
5.now anti ship missile. how?
6.shipborne wpns, airdefense?
7.ship CIWS?
8.how to activate av8 for Harrier?
9.3D editor, when?

Re: Falkland theater campaigns

Post by Guest » 2000-09-02 07:48:00

All I know is that you can use Tacedit to edit those campaign files which are:

save0.cam == Rolling Fire
save1.cam == Iron Fortress
save2.cam == Tigher Spirit

When I edited these simply starting from scratch like in normal te_new.tac file, I just received all the movies and then end of the game. So a bit more editing is necessary :)

PMC TFW
Snake Man

Post by Guest » 2000-09-05 13:39:00

yahoo! find some good sites with lots shots!
Hope we can get some aritists to help making footages or other 2D graphics!

http://www.btinternet.com/~broadsword82/index.htm

http://www.geocities.com/~mspirit/Falk/index.html

Post by Guest » 2000-09-05 15:22:00

I believe this capability is what Julian is working on right now.

Post by Guest » 2000-09-08 02:16:00

Glad to hear people answered my questions on several boards, summarized here:

1.campaign engine editable?
2.Ground unit movement?
3.carrier launching aircrafts, how?
>> Snake Man, how is your Nam campaign going?
>> JimG announced his new Korea theater(with active air operation from carrier said), seems he's quite good at cam-making!

4.how to set PAK?
>> Crossup seems capble of editing it, thru SC hacking?

5.now anti ship missile. how?
6.shipborne wpns, airdefense?
7.ship CIWS?
>> no progress

8.how to activate av8 for Harrier?
>> now try f4browse editing.

9.3D editor, when?
>>Thanx Julian, he's working on that.
Im drooling at Fleet Command. you know what i mean. :D

Post by Guest » 2000-09-15 06:16:00

Ya, now AV8 flyable in Falkland!
two shots for you(590k and 720k, respectively)

http://www.egroups.com/files/f4Falkland ... _47_44.jpg

http://www.egroups.com/files/f4Falkland ... _48_46.jpg

Hey Snake Man, now you can get EA6B in Vnam, lets enjoy "the flight of intruder"!

Post by Guest » 2000-09-17 03:30:00

ccc........

Mount Pleasant, Falkland Islands
The most recent purpose built airfield in the RAF, Mount Pleasant was opened in 1984 to establish a fighter and transport presence in the Islands following the Falklands War. Currently based at Mount Pleasant are No 1435 Flight with 4 Tornado F3s, No 1312 Flight, with 2 VC10 K2/K3/K4 and 1 Hercules C1, as well as No 7, 303 and 751 Signals Units and a Rapier detachment from the RAF Regiment.

This is Current Deployment

Stanley Airfield was not developed into a base... New Field was/is Mount Pleasant

Post by Guest » 2000-09-17 13:46:00

thanx CAG,

will include it in obj-placing file.

I'm still waiting for your info. like AAA/SAM/ammo deposits.

BTW dont forget the runway length/orientations data.

my new computer cannt work properly. falcon4 crashs frequently. hope to fix it in days.

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Helo operations in Falklands

Post by ranger822 » 2007-03-17 04:19:58

ccc wrote :
i doubt helo work from ships

Peled did some research on this.
to chcek this, we need TE for test..
1. place a sq of helo on carrier, see if helo can operate from carriers - if not, then helo won't be ablt to launch flights from small warship decks.
2. if helo can fly missions from carrier, the we can set some Tanker or Container ships as "carrier", let helo take off/landing from there, simulating helo doing resupply work.
i just tested how Hellos operational from Carriers . It works and the Campaign Engine is Generating a lot of Air-Lift Missions for resuply the forces . it might be a good idea to locate some Carriers---Sorry , i meant some Tankers or Cargo Ships modded as a Carriers - in the Upper right corner , since these are generated especially for a long range Flights...
anyway , Hellos are operational from Ships :

So------a Resuply of Hellos from Carriers works fine for Long Range ,still needs to check for wich A/C's it works fine , in my "alpha" i used a Sikorsky hello Squadron , i will check the Chinuk Hello .
Flags in the Unit Properties in Tacedit , for those Hellos Squadrons needs : Parent (must),Commando, Cargo,Diverted.
The Carrier needs : Parent(must) & Moving Boxes.
Cargo Ship needs : Parent(must), Moving and Cargo Boxes.

i just went and tested also a Hello Squadron on a Cargo Ship , but it won't work , needs to edit it to a Carrier , tho the Campaign Engine is Generate Virtual missions for this ....
Ok , so another good news here today , remind that some Cargo or Tankers Ships would need a Modd. to Carrier .
i still want to find out if Hellos attack Subs---i did'nt got a Certain answer for that yet...
I Checked few things related Hellos. I just thought to locate a Carrier far away from the area of war, move it more to the North-East , So , Hellos will Fly to support , from there and not from around the Island.
It seems that there is some limit according to the range of Flights in the large Theaters. It just does not generate missions from far a way, long distance. I don't think that can be solved with a DB edit, because that's not the problem. Helo can fly for longe range, it's just not within the PaK area of Goose Island.