Autodrive Network PMC King Corn 45km

Farming Simulator 22 general playing etc discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Autodrive Network PMC King Corn 45km

Post by Snake Man » 2023-01-03 20:00:34

FS22 Autodrive network for PMC King Corn 45km terrain. Not really sure where this text belongs to, is it Dev Diary PMC King Corn 45km, editing forum or general forum, so decided to throw it here. If you feel this is in a wrong area, please suggest a better one.

This is kind of developer diary-ish text how I created FS22 autodrive network waypoint routes.

2023-01-02T18:30:00Z Started PMC King Corn 45km v0.1.5 for savegame8 dir. Configured basic settings, saved game and exited.

PMC King Corn 45km terrain has user made autodrive network created by some german dude, it appeared on many if not all of the regular mod websites, most of the target waypoint names are in german. I am going to now drop in this xml into savegame8 dir to see how it looks in-game.

2023-01-02T18:53:00Z Loaded the savegame8 with german autodrive_config.xml file in it, purchased 120km/h speed semi-truck warrior plus, sold all equipment/vehicles and hooked up semi-truck to wilson pacesetter, configured basic stuff for autodrive and then took a look at the network.

Well, this is indeed german language, I could not see a single english target name there. The guy strangely recorded waypoint route in the absolute far western edge of the terrain basically scraping the terrain edge block (or at the time he did it was about to fall of the terrain). Close to half of the fields have target point on one side. This is clearly from his personal savegame as there are couple of farm yards in NW region with tons of fermenters and some other abbreviation character target points.

Its a weird situation as I do appreciate someone recorded these autodrive network waypoint routes, but because they are in german and I am not in contact with this guy... I have to start creating my own autodrive network for this terrain, it would be all my work then in proper english etc.

Really shame that we cannot merge networks so multiple people could work on the networks at the same time, but guess its one of those sucky things in farming simulator.

PMC King Corn 45km selling points are not nicely distributed, SE region has none while there are too many in N and S, especially as PMC Sell 02 and 10 are basically right next to each other. This needs to be fixed terrain side before a proper autodrive network can be recorded.

2023-01-02T19:09:00Z Back to german dudes autodrive network, I drove from the dealership to the nearest waypoints and to my surprise it was offset, it was NEXT to the road instead ON the road like its supposed to, huh, why? :?

I don't understand german, but I know enough from logic / experience that some of the autodrive target dropdown directory list names were for example "soybeans fields" and "corn fields" etc, so this network REALLY is custom for this one guy, sure it could be used by everyone else... but being it german and this much custom to his savegame... well not really, its too custom, not to mention hijo de puta language.

I selected "Silo 1" target waypoint and engaged drive, was hilarious as autodrive shows ETA 48min haha. When I reached first intersection... it was extremely rough just an ugly straight line, not 90 degree angle but 45 or something like that, not good.

Route waypoint lines looked too straight, I am thinking he might have used the java program to edit autodrive networks on top of PNG etc map images, so accuracy is out of the question.

When I reached to the next intersection it had similar unacceptable 45 degree angle network connections, then along the next dirt road the waypoints were one road width OFF, almost two. I mean... ugh this is really really bad.

2023-01-02T19:20:00Z Exited fs22, this german dudes autodrive network xml config file is way too custom and in foreign language, its unusable for the internet players.

Deleted AutoDrive_config.xml from the german dude and loaded this savegame8 back up again.

2023-01-02T19:24:00Z Started recording our own PMC inhouse autodrive network waypoint routes, just a short few targets around the dealership, I need to edit this terrain to add all fields before I proceed further out.

2023-01-02T19:35:00Z Recorded route waypoints and several targets, lets see; The Dealership, vehicle repairs, PMC Sell 01, animal dealer, grain silo dealership load and dump. Its a start :)

But for now, I really need to add all missing field definitions for those numbers, then perhaps grow dirt road width a bit.

2023-01-02T19:36:00Z Saved game and exited fs22, we are done for now.

Created _run_backup_FS22_autodrive_savegame8_king_corn.bat backup bat and ran it, now we have a good MASTER savegame dir to be used with this terrain :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: Autodrive Network PMC King Corn 45km

Post by Snake Man » 2023-01-11 05:51:36

2023-01-09T02:21:00Z Just finished testing PMC King Corn 45km v0.1.8 terrain and it works GOOD, dirt roads are nice and wide, asphalt roads err actually I did not see asphalt roads yet as its so large terrain heh, but I'm sure they are fine :)

Now its time to create a new savegame, then copy over autodrive XML config files and start to record autodrive network waypoints.

First created a new savegame, saved it and simply exited FS22.

Then went to the autodrive MASTER savegame8/ dir, copied AutoDrive_config.xml, AutoDriveUsersData.xml, careerSavegame.xml and vehicles.xml into this new savegame1/ dir, then launched FS22 back up and loaded savegame1 to see if everything is OK.

2023-01-09T02:31:00Z Everything looks good. Guess now I'll just start recording autodrive network waypoint routes ;)

Goal would be to connect the dealership, animal dealer and all selling points, the thing is with 45km monster size terrain is that when selling points are distributed across the terrain... you will drive so long time its crazy, I am not kidding if I start driving now I would not be surprised if I'm still driving tomorrow to cover all 12 selling points (11 when not counting the one on the dealership) even on one way loop :)

But hey, relax, no pressure, just chill and enjoy the massive landscape while driving, no rush, take your time (this sounds like a condescending joke but its not).

Oh and I also need to test Start From Zero in real life conditions, hmm. Well autodrive network first.

Selling point Smith Agri-Industries is possible the closest one in W, its not the SW corner selling point but I'd like to start the one directly to west, then I could drive north and clockwise around the terrain covering all selling points. This would create race track type loop, but after that I can connect it with "cross roads" err dunno how to describe them, shortcuts I guess. Of course the racetrack loop must have the other direction loop as well, so using the "path" is both ways, you don't have to drive 45km terrain around to drive to the next closest point, again difficult to explain without illustration or understanding how these loops work :)

But for now I'll start driving towards Smith Agri-Industries selling point in the W.

2023-01-09T02:53:00Z Field 0898 S recorded and now need to take a restroom break, so did first savegame while away.

2023-01-09T03:06:00Z Selling point "SP Smith Agri-Industries" target point saved. This selling point was in middle of a long road, I didn't want to drive a long loop around the next field in W so I just made an ugly U-turn in middle of this asphalt road and then headed back.

2023-01-09T03:31:00Z Reached back to start, to the dealership. Saved game, cant lose any progress.

Hmm it was good autodrive network as its a full loop to Smith Agri-Industries and back, but now that I am back at the dealership I sort of feel like ugh why I didn't just go towards north to the next selling point hmm. The thing is about the full terrain all selling points covering clockwise loop is that... it takes a long time to record that and its only 50% done because for it to be any good you need to record the counter clockwise loop as well, PLUS some cross road type connections like worm burrowing through an apple, a worm hole if you will heh, as said difficult to explain.

Knowing from experience how much driving / recording there is to do on all selling points, I am already thinking that I'd be rather creating that Start From Zero testing savegame and have some farming fun ;)

Decided to record next selling point south, its quite close relatively speaking, going to do another loop here.

2023-01-09T03:51:00Z Loop completed but it was not to the selling point heh, it was just around the nearby fields :)

2023-01-09T04:06:00Z Selling point Big Agri Partners reached and target point created. This was another ugly U-turn in the dirt road but just did not feel like driving full field-loop on the next intersection in the west, this will do for now. Saved game.

2023-01-09T04:19:00Z Loop completed to the next intersection where I met previous network waypoints. Saved game.

2023-01-09T04:31:00Z Reached back to the dealership going through err by the train tracks I guess how to explain it heh. Saved game, again.

Alright now we have two selling points done and decent loops around the dealership. But this is like perhaps 3% done, barely :D

2023-01-09T04:44:00Z Finally managed to learn how to create directories to the targets drop-down menu. First you had to enable "use folders" from the autodrive options, its the almost lowest horizontal TAB, the "use folders" is there, set it to YES. Then click edit mode on, use target drop-down and in the top you got a green PLUS + sign, click that and now you get to create a directory. Then you can move existing targets into directories simply but clicking and holding LMB while dragging target into a dir.

Now I have my long list of targets nicely tucked away in organized directories ;)

Saved game after organizing targets. Feeling good :)

2023-01-09T05:11:00Z Selling point Agri Foods Limited reached and target created. Proceeding towards north next.

2023-01-09T05:35:00Z Selling point Pig Port Corporation reached, target created, new farm yard directory created and all new targets moved into appropriate directories. Saved game. Good progress. Man this terrain is HUGE! ;)

2023-01-09T05:59:00Z Selling point King Farms Marketing reached and target created. Saved game.

2023-01-09T06:18:00Z Selling point AG Commodities Ltd reached and target created. Moved target points to directories and saved game.

2023-01-09T06:35:00Z Selling point Sanford & Son reached and target created. Moved target points to directories and saved game, again.

Now we are by the train tracks, that means its just east of the dealership, well I mean "just" but heh, yup.

BUHAHAHA! Correction! Heh we are not even fucking close yet, this is more like NE region of the terrain than central area haha!

My sense of direction is scared shitless because of this terrains sheer magnitude ;)

2023-01-09T06:55:00Z Now its my lunch time, moved target points to directories and saved game.

2023-01-09T07:24:00Z Feeding time is over, back to recording autodrive network waypoint routes.

2023-01-09T07:38:00Z Selling point Whole Export INC reached and target created. Moved target points to directories and saved game.

This whole export inc selling point got very nasty U-turn autodrive network waypoints, route was going from N to S and selling point was in opposite side of the road, so U-turn loop to the selling point and then back on the route, nasty, very nasty... but will be fixed once S to N route is recorded.

2023-01-09T07:51:00Z Selling point Best Food and Ingredients reached and target created. Moved target points to directories and saved game.

This selling point was similar to the above, ugly U-turn loop.

2023-01-09T08:00:00Z Selling point Vast America Ltd reached and target created.

This was the last unconnected selling point in S sector.

2023-01-09T08:08:00Z Reached my existing route waypoints, now I have one more selling point to reach. Moved target points to directories and saved game.

2023-01-09T08:23:00Z Selling point Eagle Agriculture Corp reached and target created. Moved target points to directories and saved game. Hooyah! all selling points, all 12 of them are now connected to (one way) autodrive network route! :D

2023-01-09T08:36:00Z Reached end of the loop to make the connection, now all 12 selling points are connected through clockwise loop. Its not an ideal situation because if you travel to far side of the terrain you have to do a scenic tour of the "side" in order to reach there, difficult to explain again.

Click for full size image:

Saved game and shutdown fs22, now its time to create Start From Zero savegame ;)

2023-01-11T05:39:00Z Just finished PMC King Corn 45km Start From Zero farming session where I recorded a lot of autodrive network waypoint routes and targets, used them a lot too, works great.

Did not upload autodrive network 7-zip yet because its made for v0.1.8 of the terrain and that has not been released yet. If someone really need it, post here and I'll upload them.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Schmidtyfarms
Gaming Interests: None, dunno why I'm here...
Editing Interests: None of the above, I don't edit...

Post by Schmidtyfarms » 2023-02-02 14:43:19

I would defiantly take an auto drive for this course

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2023-02-03 07:10:13

Just shutdown Gaming computer where autodrive savegames are, I'll try to get it tomorrow. If it doesn't show up please remind me.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2023-02-04 09:50:45

Played today all day PMC King Corn 45km Start From Zero savegame, recorded a lot of new autodrive network waypoint routes and target points, good stuff.

This is on-going development to record more autodrive routes, if you are going to download and use this AutoDrive_config.xml file, note that I am going to edit it further and upload new updates here. So obviously if you edit your own farms in there, then download new update from me, it will erase all your edits. There is no join / merge feature in autodrive that I know of.

Download PMC.King.Corn.45km.AutoDrive.Network.2023-02-04T0925.7z - 278kb.

Enjoy everyone, happy driving around ;)

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2023-02-05 15:17:17

Yesterday on Start From Zero did a lot of fertilizing contracts so recorded new autodrive network waypoint routes, another update. BTW going to continue playing after this upload and by tonight this should have update ready, cant promise when I get around to upload it though.

Download PMC.King.Corn.45km.AutoDrive.Network.2023-02-05T0936.7z - 344kb.

Enjoy cruising.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2023-02-06 08:37:09

Todays Start From Zero got more recorded autodrive network waypoint routes, so its another update time. I wont play on PMC King Corn 45km anytime soon so this update should last until something comes up.

Download PMC.King.Corn.45km.AutoDrive.Network.2023-02-06T0819.7z from torrent magnet:

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d91c7456d9052f4fffbf3f3b580f36ffe10466b7&xt=urn:btmh:1220d88b791a31f48e48a3c4441092410b4baf137be9cb665e2891628417751a6421&dn=FS22.PMC.AutoDrive.Network.XMLs.2024-03-18&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a6969%2fannounce
Drive safe.

PMC since 1984