Farming Simulator Grain Sales

Farming Simulator 19 general playing etc discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Farming Simulator Grain Sales

Post by Snake Man » 2022-09-27 08:40:33

2022-09-27T05:30:00Z

As I'm typing this I'm playing PMC Super Six 6km v0.2.3 Start From Zero savegame (yeah I know, for FS22), hauling soybeans grain for sell to a selling point which is basically other side of the terrain, as per highest selling price day / time, its 0016hrs middle of the night in pitch black darkness, autodrive luckily is hands free operation it does all the driving and selling for me.

I had initially 900,000 liters of soybeans in farm grain bin silo and one single semi-truck grain trailer is wilson pacesetter which has 40.7k liter capacity. This means pretty much TWENTY TWO (22) trips to the selling point where it takes according to autodrive timer 8 minutes one way.

Now... I haven't done the math how much time this will take because I don't want to get depressed, hehe, but needless to say this is extremely boring and in-the-sense waste of time to just sit here when semi-truck is driving loops in darkness.

And once our farm grows, so do the amount of grain in the bin silo.

How do you avoid hours (real gaming time) of semi-truck grain selling trips?

Well simplest realistic option is to buy more semi-trucks. Unrealistic option would be to use for example BSM Tipper/6 trailer which holds 70k liters, or even giants lode king distinction super b which holds 75.6k liters (actually bigger than tipper/6 heh).

I want to play realistic american farming and its been my experience surfing various youtube real life farming videos that most farmers use wilson pacesetter looking grain trailers which I assume are just that OR at least the same size, right now I cannot recall any video where I saw some "road train" exotic setups. So I have to believe that using wilson pacesetter is the right choice for me / realistic play.

A more complex option tied to the terrain itself is a railroad + train with grain cars. This is no problem in the sense that I usually play only on my own terrains and adding a train is my decision and somewhat easy. Of course train not necessarily handle all grain hauling needs, but overall it should FS17 Cornbelt alike fix something like best selling price easily. Thing with train is that you still have to haul the grain there in the first place, so looking at it on certain perspective doesn't really look like it solves any semi-truck hauling issue at all heh. Weird.

Does anyone know any other realistic terrain editing or mod using solution that could reduce this sickening grind of selling sometimes millions of liters of grain?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Farming Simulator Grain Sales

Post by Snake Man » 2023-08-19 15:29:53

Last night I returned to PMC Cereal Region 32km Start From Zero savegame, after finishing two small (heh) soybeans harvests I ended up with 1.246 million liters of grain in the farm bin silo. Then came the soybeans best market price day when grain had to be transported to highest price selling point.

Well I only had two semi-trucks, one with wilson pacesetter 40.3k liter capacity and another lodeking distinction super-b with 75.6k (I think) liters capacity. Selling point was a far away in this large terrain, one way semi-truck trip took 29 MINUTES, so round trip is one hour.

I calculated using the smaller grain trailer that it would take 31.1 loads of grain to haul this pile of soybeans, that would be 31 HOURS of real life gaming time. OK its less because super-b has much larger capacity but overall we are still talking about "a very long time".

That got me very sad, after just returning to farming fun it went to bad real fast with this grain hauling realization :(

So here I am back facing the same old problem, how to fix a huge grain hauling taking way too long time problem.

As already mentioned, basic in-game option is to buy more semi-trucks but in my specific case even that doesn't help unless you go to a silly 10+ semi-trucks fleet. Or you could just haul the grain to a closer selling point, in my savegame closest selling point was view distance away from my farm at the dealership, its soybeans market price was just about one hundred dollars less than the highest price, for 1.246 million liters that hundred bucks per thousand liters mounts up to a big amount of dollarz.

Then terrain editing requiring fixes would be to add a simple train railroad track system with grain selling depot (selling point). This can be done, not necessarily easily but yeah OK lets say easily, so it wont take much effort to add trainSystem spline and one selling point to it. Only problem is that a large train cause huge performance (frames per second FPS) issues, when you load train of 20 cars up with a grain, performance goes off the window.

Another similar more efficient way in FS22 (dunno if it works the same way in FS19) is to create that elmcreek style "ravenport train", where you semi-truck dump grain to a big railroad grain depot, then load the grain using a train and send the train "out of the terrain" which simulates train leaving the area to go sell off grain somewhere far away. This would be in my opinion perhaps the best option. You could do regular field work and in the mean time semi-trucks would slowly haul grain from your farm bin silo to the railroad grain depot, then it would be easily sold once highest market price day comes.

If someone had scripting skills this could be extended to just some regular big "central hub" grain bin silo complex, grain elevator if you will, which would hold your grain and at the highest market price day would sell it off automatically, or that player would have option to sell it off from some menu just with a click of a button, kind of like "ravenport train" except you don't have to load a train and send it off. This method would be the most optimum choice, but I have no LUA scripting skills or even an idea how such GUI dialog would be created, so currently this is not an option for me.

All the best options require terrain editing though.

Hmph first world problems ;)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."