PMC Aqua Lima Development

ArmA 3 editing; configs, modeling, missions, textures, terrain etc.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Aqua Lima Development

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-16 01:32:43

PMC Aqua Lima M1A2 Abrams tank campaign development.

This is a ArmA 1 (Armed Assault) ported campaign, it is actually spin-off campaign from PMC First Fight where the plan was to add helicopter and tank missions but decided to split them off to their own campaigns.

2022-06-14T15:36:00Z

Went through critical bugs list as the past few days goal has been to focus on fixes so we can get more playable content ready across all PMC projects.

Code: Select all

- aqua lima m001 last tank in platoon starts on the water and gets destroyed
Only one such issue found and it got fixed. Then I proceeded to game-play test it yesterday and unfortunately I found out that because players GROUP has three AI tanks on it, these missions just simply won't work as AI refuses to move, its the known AI vehicles in a group movement bug.

These missions have another four tank group under AI command running on mission editor placed waypoints, it also worked exactly as players group, lead vehicle moves fine, travels through the waypoints but the remaining 3 vehicles do not move, making the missions unplayable.

I am not in a habit of abandoning projects, if I start something I stick with it, but in this case... its arma3 AI (vehicles a in group) movement issue and nothing on my end, but it might be the best option.

One option to fix the missions of course is to de-group the vehicles, but that renders 4 tanks force into one tank, it would have to use High Command to order the tanks around and this is not exactly a HC campaign.

This campaign only has two missions so its more like a beginning of a project, so it would not be a huge loss to abandon this thing, but I would still prefer not to. Dunno what to do.

If anyone has any ideas how to keep tank campaign alive in arma3 v2.08 when vehicles wont move in a group, please let me know.

Edit: I don't seem to be the only one who has issues with AI vehicles in a group wont move: google search: "arma 3 ai vehicle won't move".
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."