ArmA 3 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ARG_Afb
1st Lt
Gaming Interests: ArmA 3
Editing Interests: Terrains

ARMA3 my experience

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-01 03:28:51

Just started playing and really liking the realism feeling it gives me, completed the first mission and it was fun, it’s easy to aim at FIA guerilla soldiers lol :D
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: ARMA3 my experience

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-01 12:21:37

Glad to hear you got ArmA 3 up and running, its great to start learning ofp/arma, as you said to me in discord it definitely is no call of duty heh.

Easiest way to get started it doing the bootcamp tutorial campaign, I believe it was on menu: scenarios -> campaign -> prologue or other menu: tutorial -> bootcamp, cant remember would have to start arma3 to check it out. That campaign walks you through (literally) the first steps in arma3.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-01 12:24:38

Thanks snake for supporting me! Yeah at first it’s kind of complicated until you get up to pace with it, yeah started the tutorial but it was really easy in comparison to the first “real” mission
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-01 22:46:12

played some more missions, died 5 times in one because i couldnt figure out where soldiers were and where the shots came from, but once i did i got in the vehicle and arrived where i should :D
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-02 13:54:13

It takes a while to get used to the bullets flying by you zip and the actual gunshot bang sounds.

This might help you a bit, Dslyecxi youtube: ArmA 3 - Locating Gunfire Guide - Visualized Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures.

Unlike these garbage AAA shooters arma3 is unforgiving "one shot one kill" (generally, but that's another topic), so it might seem a bit difficult. When you start a single player (SP) mission or campaign, just before clicking continue there is game options button nearby, sorry cant remember what it says difficulty recruit or something heh would have to start arma3 up to verify, click that and go to game options difficulty, set AI skill and precision to zero (0), it will help a great deal. If you are really struggling to survive you can also tick the option to reduce damage done to players group.

Actually I would recommend using the recruit difficulty preset in the start. I don't personally like it as its made for children with all the blibs and blobs on the screen to guide player along with weapon crosshairs, but its perfectly fine to use those when learning how to play arma3.

When you get into user create missions, like PMC stuff, you can already have built in AI skill settings which make the game-play much more enjoyable.

I have played ofp/arma since summer of 2001 when OFP demo came out and still even today, when I play bis east wind campaign or other SP missions I can easily get killed.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-02 15:26:50

Thanks snake for the reply! Really appreciate the tips! I will watch the video, but I prefer a bit of difficulty and learning tactics, I’m harted of the childish difficulty of the cod style games and of getting no scoped lol
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-04 02:21:06

Just played with some fighter planes, I really like them and how you can look around the cabin like if you were in top gun movie, really liking the game overall, I think we need a good US air base map and a HUGE one, I think I will make it :D :wink:
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-04 02:36:16

ArmA 3 is great, but I cant just blindly lie, aircrafts are probably one of the worst aspects of it. I mean its no Falcon 4.0 that's for sure, not that it ever aimed to be but yeah.

Helicopters are cool though, I like flying AH-6 little bird and UH-60 Black Hawk.

You need to browse some PMC terrains for aircraft action, got over 100 to choose from, all major conflict areas around the world pretty much covered :)

I recommend the new Ukraine and Poland terrains, they are so pretty you could even dream about farming there on those hundreds of fields heh.

PMC since 1984

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-04 02:41:31

Will try all the PMC terrains! Love the fact that they are HUGE so I can fly for hoooours in a simple and “realistic” mission and not the false war thunder mega operations that make you go like loooooooool that amount of units?? :lol: :lol:
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-04 02:48:13

Heyy saw that garden city is also an ARMA3 terrain! Really nice to see that!! Will like farming and fighting in the same map lmao like hey here is my farm and I’m shooting everything :lol: (obviously if both terrains for arma 3 and Fs19 get released)
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-05 12:40:25

Installed and successfully loaded PMC ukranie Kiev terrain, it took a while to load but it’s a really nice looking map, imma check it in my abrams
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-05 14:02:37

Here is some help how to install ADDONS PMC Addons/Mods Manuals: Howto Install ArmA 2 mod. Don't worry about it being for arma2, it works just as well for arma3.

Most important thing is: never ever put any addons or mods into <arma3root>/addons/ directory.

Also never use "arma 3 launcher", just create bat file to start arma3 with -profiles and addons directly. I don't think I've ever documented it anywhere so if you need any help for creating such bat, let me know.

Why does PMC Ukraine Kiev terrain load so long time? Well it is 61km, its satellite texture size is 1 meters / pixel, which means 61,440 x 61,440 pixels. Check out the PBO file sizes, its 2.99gb, its a lot of data to load into arma3.

BTW would you like to play some multiplayer with me? I got 193 MP missions just waiting for players, could fire up a server in no time.

PMC since 1984

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-05 20:46:24

Hey snake! Appreciate the answer! Yeah first error I committed was installing into root folder lol, will have to make the process again :lol: yeah would like to play some multiplayer someday, I have to find some time when I can play more than just two hours because I have a loooot of things to do lol
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-06 01:29:45

succesfuly landed at boryspil airport in kiev with my F-15, i think i will be more useful as a soldier since i havent mastered the F-15 lol, gotta go and learn more about it or download also a more modern F-22, but how its said, its the pilot, not the plane what makes the difference
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-06 14:50:34

Discovered there are car mods in arma3, a PMC Miami florida terrain and you can put civilians on the game also
I can feel It coooooming in the air toniight
Oh loooord
And I been waiting for this moment for all my life
Oh loooord
Oh looord

(For the ones that don’t understand Imma recreate Miami vice fights)
I love how you can do almost every film fight scene in the game
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-06 14:53:07

music video (epic testarossa video with phill collins in the air tonight song)
https://youtu.be/q3f3uv6MzRg
AFB

ARG_Afb
1st Lt

Post by ARG_Afb » 2022-06-29 02:02:41

yessssss first dogfight wonnnn f18f vs f14 training on hard difficulty damm that energy fighting got me to the limit lol
AFB

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2022-06-29 12:52:03

Just download CUP and stick with the traditional infantry fights, the aircrafts are OK every now and then, but for AI they are useless and after you really start to fly them you notice how lame they fly, what I recall testing Firewill's F15 and F16, you cant even slow down those aircrafts once they speed up.

CUP has all standard helicopters, then for aircrafts A10, Harrier and dunno what they had for the commie enemy side, that is plenty of enough planes :)

PMC since 1984