ImageMagick

3D modeling, image editing, programming, text editing etc. Discussion here is not directly related to any game titles we feature.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

ImageMagick

Post by Snake Man » 2010-09-04 10:13:46

ImageMagick is quite good image command line processing tool.

Quote from their homepage:
ImageMagick® is a software suite to create, edit, and compose bitmap images. It can read, convert and write images in a variety of formats (over 100) including DPX, EXR, GIF, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PhotoCD, PNG, Postscript, SVG, and TIFF. Use ImageMagick to translate, flip, mirror, rotate, scale, shear and transform images, adjust image colors, apply various special effects, or draw text, lines, polygons, ellipses and Bézier curves.
I haven't used it that much, did few Falcon 4 fartile pcx files with and it was working great. I'm now looking into flipping a large 12800x12800 resolution ArmA 2 satellite terrains with it from command line along with my other tools. Check out their web page for the feature list, its quite impressive.

Oh and its free tool.

Homepage: http://www.imagemagick.org/
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Re: ImageMagick

Post by T_Rex » 2010-09-07 12:08:48

Yeah, I looked at making it portable a few years ago. As I recall, there's also another, related product, but I can't remember what it was called. :doh:

It was a very powerful app!
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

Return to “General Editing (tools)”