phew.. a new storm ( and campaign? ) is taking shape..July 3, 2009 TOKYO - JAPAN'S parliament on Friday passed a law asserting sovereignty over four islands at the centre of a dispute with Russia, adding to tensions as the countries' leaders prepare to meet.
A law calling the four Kuril islands an 'integral part' of Japan was unanimously passed by the opposition-controlled upper house after the lower house also approved it in May when the bill sparked a protest from Moscow.
The four islets north of Japan's Hokkaido island - called the Southern Kurils by Russia and the Northern Territories by Japan - have been controlled by Moscow since they were seized by Soviet troops in 1945.
- japan launch amphibious landing on south kurils , russia defend, and launch counter-landing. US provide carrier power support later.
- for islands in blue circle, japan ground units use airmobile and reinforcement to show up and capture main obj. some obj should be pre-owned by japan. japan should have more advantage in this circle.
- for island in red circle, japan must use airmobile units to capture THREE obj, then reinforcement can show up. russia has more advantage in red circle.
- the impact will be at the middle of largest island.
- TRI edit.. japan capture all key obj on four islands to win.
- as no-land-connection to the four islands, i expect we have to place MANY ground reinforcment units( as simulated amphibious landing) on them in advance, and tweak their arrival time carefully.
- timeframe could be 2010-2015.. expect F22/F2/F35/UCAV/CIS su35/mig31/T-50 and other air/sea hi-end war machine in this scenerio.. could be the most dangerous hotspot!