Campaign editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

fusionrve
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Weapons in campaign {Multiplayer}

Post by fusionrve » 2010-03-26 01:03:10

Hey guys its me again with another question,

Recently i was able to add various weapons to the Israeli F4AF campaign and they all work great including the aim7 thanks to your help here.
However Ive run in to a small issue, When i try to play the campaign online with a friend, he is not able to see the new weapons available.
Could anyone tell me what files or file extensions i must transfer to him exactly from my terrdata/objects folder so that he can see the same thing i'm seeing. As in are there any specific files that he needs to have from me?

Much appreciated again for all the help

<S>

Sherlock
Lt. General
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Weapons in campaign {Multiplayer}

Post by Sherlock » 2010-03-26 02:45:36

fusionrve wrote:Hey guys its me again with another question,

Recently i was able to add various weapons to the Israeli F4AF campaign and they all work great including the aim7 thanks to your help here.
However Ive run in to a small issue, When i try to play the campaign online with a friend, he is not able to see the new weapons available.
Could anyone tell me what files or file extensions i must transfer to him exactly from my terrdata/objects folder so that he can see the same thing i'm seeing. As in are there any specific files that he needs to have from me?

Much appreciated again for all the help

<S>

From the F4Browse help:

F4Browse allows you to edit the various files in the f4 binary database.

For each file or collection of records, a list view is shown, showing all recrods which is available in the normal explorer formats. Then, normally double ck=licking on a given record will bring up a dialog to edit that record. Other options allow adding a deleting records.

These consist of the following files.

ACD File - contains aircraft sensor data
FED File - feature data
OCD File - objectives data
SSD Files - squadron stores
UCD Files - unit data
VCL Files - vehicle data
WCD File - weapons data
SWD File - sim weapon data
CT File - class table
RCD File - radar data
ICD File - infra red sensor data
VSD File - visual sensor data
RWD File - radar detect data
WCL File - Hardpoint data
PHD File - point header data
PD File - point data

(Note: The hlep file is from F4Browse version 2.6 which is quite old and hasn't been updated so part of it is out of date; it references old file name extensions that have been changed in later versions of falcon such as AF)

Assuming he has the theater already installed (Israeli), if the only changes you made were to the vehicle objects by adding weapons/subtracting weapons then all you will need to send him are the following files:

falcon4.VCD
falcon4.WCD
falcon4.SWD (just to be on the safe side)
Falcon4.SSD (Only if you changed squadron stores data)
falcon4.ct (??? hard to tell from the help file but it's small so include it just in case)

and, of course, if sending him the above files doesn't do the trick then .rar up the entire \objects folder and upload it so he can download it. That always does the trick.

These all come from the \objects folder (which can be located under other folders in the theater install).
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2010-03-26 03:56:32

yeah, send him the whole objects folder. i'd like to know how the mods working in MP too.

derStef
Banned user
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2010-04-03 13:20:43

yeah your friend will need exact the same DB as you have, if not you will get also further problems..

ccc wrote:yeah, send him the whole objects folder. i'd like to know how the mods working in MP too.
(just the "small" files in that folder is enough...)

works

you know i have also an dedicated DB in taiwan and we did already a lot MP testing w/o any probs... funny thing is i get better FPS and stability than in Korea.. :mrgreen: