Flights not planable by human

Campaign editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Luk
Brig. General

Re: Flights not planable by human

Post by Luk » 2010-12-13 20:51:24

You need just 3 clicks + type the squadron "ClassID".

good luck!
Luk

visioninthedark
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by visioninthedark » 2010-12-14 12:09:13

Thanks Luk ..... apologies for being such a pain but please bear with me.

Question is ..... how do I get to that FIRST window that is showing all the bases ?

I did manage to open the save0.cam file in Tacedit .... that was ok.

However, no matter what I chose from the menu on the left ...... the bases wouldn't show up ....

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

How do I make the bases show up once I have opened Save0.cam in Tacedit?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-12-14 12:41:59

no problem visioninthedark, without patience we all should change the hobby :) .

The first picts is the defaulf window for me. I just open the save0.cam and got it.
If I work in another window, I can go back via the first "icon/row" - "campaign".
Strange.
Are you sure, you are opening the "cam" file from the iran campaign install folder?
If not, you should have some additional files located in your directory(wch, idx...?).

It is really strange.

Luk
EDIT: my tacedit ver is 2.47

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-12-15 02:59:34

VintheD,
did you set up the path for your campaign and objects directories first in TacEdit?
(I'll use AF since that is what I fly and mod)

FIle->Properties
in the "Theater Directory" field I have: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\Iran\campaign

in the "Object Directory" field I have: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\terrdata\objects

(Note this information WILL BE DIFFERENT depending on what theater you are wanting to access. My example is for the IRAN theater).

I am running WIndows 7 x64 so that is why my Program Files directory has a "(x86)" after it. That won't be there if you are running WIndows XP 32-bit.

Once you put in the above information close the popup box then exit TacEdit. Then re-enter TacEdit and open your save0.cam file (or whatever .cam or .tac file you want to open).

Hope this helps.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2010-12-15 08:47:20

Thanks for the help guys .....

I'll try this out a bit later on today and let you know if it all works.

@Sherlock ..... I'm on AF as well and I've got Windows 7 x64 too ..... I don't remember specifically setting up the directory paths in TacEdit but I know that Theater directory path is identical to your. Will check the paths soon as I get home.

Ed_1
Recruit

Post by Ed_1 » 2010-12-15 13:03:08

If you got more than 1 version of F4 or store data in more than one place the paths can get messed up in Taceditor . I always try to make sure there right in properties after loading a cam file .

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2010-12-15 23:50:23

Ok guys ..... here is the story.

My Directory and Theater paths are correct. Same exactly as Sherlock .... since I have the same set-up with the AF in the same directories as you can see here:

now ..... when I follow the steps as advised by Luk .... I come up with an issue .... please see following:

you will note that in the window that shows the class ID ...... it does not show anything in the box called Type and Subtype ..... which shows in Luk's screen ..... so now, I have four "Tehran West" bases ..... and I don't know which one's ID to change .....

why is it not showing the Type and subtype? ...... how do I know which one is for the MiG-21 and MiG-29?

Thanks again for your help guys.

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-12-16 08:31:45

I think this topic could enlight your issue:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21921&p=181726&hil ... cd#p181726

But your issue is just eye candy. It is not so important. It is all about ClassID.

I have extracted this from some of my previous post.
You can see the class ID numbers there:
I can just say the ClassID 1946 for 21MF does not have "add package" function defined.

But I can extend/enlarge the problem. I have placed 3 nationality Mig 29A's in the campaign - with Czech(ClassID-751) ,East Germany(ClassID-460) and Polish(ClassID-751 again) marks.
In this sample image, you can see, I can select only 3rd East German Mig29A fighter squadron located at Preschen in my "add package" rollout. So it looks, only ClassID-460 FulcrumA squadron is properly defined.
I guess it would be enough to solve your issue.
If not, you should observe/derivate the numbers using F4 browse.

BTW
...have four "Tehran West" bases
...it means, you have four different squadrons in Teheran. Check them all.

Luk

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2010-12-16 08:50:45

Thanks very much Luk ..... will give this a shot. I have just checked out the link you provided in your post .... Looks like this may solve it .....

will let you guys know what happens soon as I've given this a shot when back home tonite ....

again, Thanks Luk and Sherlock and Ed_1 ..... you guys have been really helpful and patient ... Thanks.

Ed_1
Recruit

Post by Ed_1 » 2010-12-16 15:11:58

not sure if its been mentioned but the class ID in Tacedit is a pointer to the squadron CT # or the squadron unit ct# in F4browse (just add 100 to F4browse # ). Thats the linkage between .

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2010-12-24 20:58:51

Thanks guys .... it worked.

Had to replace the Falcon4.vcd and Falcon4.pd files in the "Objects" folder with older versions for the Type to become visible in Tacedit .... and then replace the original pd and vcd files back to run F4AF ..... but its all fine it worked.

One thing I noticed in Tacedit .... all the MiG-21 Squadrons had a UCD number of 1856 and MiG-29 a UCD number of 651 ..... this we see in the fifth column when in Tacedit ....

what is this UCD number?

another thing ...... had to change all three .cam files .... save0, save1 and save2 ....

But sincere thanks guys.

Have a GREAT Christmas and a Happy 2011 !!!

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2011-02-04 17:24:03

One similar question regarding the ITO campaign.

When trying to fly EAF - the MIrage aircraft can't be chosen for ATO's .... again for Falcon 4AF

The solution is going to be exactly the same process as above .... which brings me to my question ..... how do I know what number to assign to the MIrage Class ID for it to show up? Do I pic a random Class ID number or is there some criteria behind choosing that?

Thanks.

Ed_1
Recruit

Post by Ed_1 » 2011-02-04 19:17:33

visioninthedark wrote:Thanks guys .... it worked.

Had to replace the Falcon4.vcd and Falcon4.pd files in the "Objects" folder with older versions for the Type to become visible in Tacedit .... and then replace the original pd and vcd files back to run F4AF ..... but its all fine it worked.

One thing I noticed in Tacedit .... all the MiG-21 Squadrons had a UCD number of 1856 and MiG-29 a UCD number of 651 ..... this we see in the fifth column when in Tacedit ....

what is this UCD number?

another thing ...... had to change all three .cam files .... save0, save1 and save2 ....

But sincere thanks guys.

Have a GREAT Christmas and a Happy 2011 !!!
that will match the ct# of the unit type (squadron/fighter) in F4browse , just remember there 100 off (need to add 100 to F4browse unit # ) .

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2011-02-04 22:39:37

Thanks ED ... yes it worked ..... used Class ID 457 for MiG-21 and Class ID 2296 for Mirage 2000-9*

BUT

I could only make this changes in the save0.cam file in the ITO Theater

when I tried entering save1.cam .....

Tacedit would not open it and it kept giving me a po-up saying ....

"Warning - Objectives in this file as well as base file!"

now, when I rectified the same issue with the Iran Theater .... I had to go in and change all three save0.cam and save1.cam and save2.cam .....

here it is not allowing me to change save1.cam and save2.cam .....

does anyone know why this is happening?

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2011-02-05 13:58:01

I think you should always mod the file named "save0.cam". Try to rename your save1 to save0 and then back to save1.
Everything named differently is managed via objective deltas and causes problems. At least this is my observation.
(perhaps it is a little bit more dificult - save0 is master file, save1 and save2 are just reflecting the differences..?...so perhaps you should finish save0 first to final state, then produce/derivate higher cams)

For that mirage issue - look at the teplanes.lst file and remove "//" in mirage row. I think mirages are fine defined for add package (mirage III,2K,2K-9)
Luk

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2011-02-06 17:36:56

Thanks Luk.

The MIrage 2000-9 works fine.

BUT

renaming the save1.cam to save0.cam does not solve the problem.

It's still not allowing any modifications.

This is the ITOMK2 Campaigns ....

I am just trying to make the MiG-21 and Mirage 2000-9 flyable so that ATO's can be assigned to them when flying as Egypt ....

that worked only for save0.cam ..... but for the other two save files .... it does not allow any changes .... even if we rename them temporarily as save0.cam ....

hmmmmmm .....

any ideas anyone?

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2011-02-07 11:35:03

what about to take save0, delete all units and squadrons and import previously exported saveX units and squads..+ make edits..?
but i dont know if all the cams have the same ownership (I doubt, so you should reimport all units back to saveX later...)
??
Luk