Fuel and Supply levels in campaign

Campaign editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Fuel and Supply levels in campaign

Post by Sherlock » 2010-12-14 04:09:51

@ demer: can you post a bigger picture of the one above? It's not readable and it is not enlargeable (it's not a thumbnail pic). Thanks. I'd like to see the details of what you have circled.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2010-12-14 04:35:55

At this time I would like to remind you guys that PMC forums have always been friendly place to share knowledge for everyone's benefit. Other forums are known to be the nasty places for non friendly, useless posts which do not contribute to the editing of Falcon 4 at all.

Lets keep the discussion focused and civil, thanks.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Hustler
Banned user

Post by Hustler » 2010-12-14 05:18:25

I totally agree and recognize this is your house. Any time I get closed to or cross the line, send me a message.
Snake Man wrote:At this time I would like to remind you guys that PMC forums have always been friendly place to share knowledge for everyone's benefit. Other forums are known to be the nasty places for non friendly, useless posts which do not contribute to the editing of Falcon 4 at all.

derStef
Banned user
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2010-12-14 12:13:19

Hustler wrote:IMO these large theaters are a waste of time and I'm not sure that the GTM can even handle more than about 3000 objectives.
I TOTALLY AGREE ON THAT ONE. It really makes no real sense to have bigger theaters than the stock korea size ones, and i mean it in both the develompent view and the gameplay view..

Hustler wrote:I totally agree and recognize this is your house. Any time I get closed to or cross the line, send me a message.
ROTFLMAO, maybe i should have done that also, some time ago :P

take it easy, coudn't resist.

Ed_1
Recruit

Post by Ed_1 » 2010-12-14 14:10:50

I think its safe to go up to 7000 objectives as Balkans works fine for most part in AF . I can see you might need high population of objectives if the map area is large or it will look fake flying .

What you want to make sure if there is high count, is what you add , So don't add bunch factories/refineries just for fill in, eye candy, keep them for specific targets and use another objective with low-normal datarate .
example, not supply thing but IMO there was to many radar objectives added in after SP3 , making the radar network to dense for it own good .

Info posted here you can improve things a lot just don't use graph as you result, thats the only down side . either read saved cams or somehow view the saved data .

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-12-15 00:23:38

Snake Man wrote:At this time I would like to remind you guys that PMC forums have always been friendly place to share knowledge for everyone's benefit. Other forums are known to be the nasty places for non friendly, useless posts which do not contribute to the editing of Falcon 4 at all.

Gotcha'

@Sherlock,

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu49 ... oomany.jpg

Way too many, that don't count, in my version of PershingLightning :)
I have defined an "Area of Conflict" on the overall map for both the GTM and ATM. They use it well to Task as needed.
Most of the neighboring countrie's have been removed from the TEAM relation's,as well as a majority of their objective's...not in the Game,not needed!!! Just more unused STUFF on the list.Also 1000's of Bridge's over DRY Riverbed's have been removed and the Path's\Area's have been corrected to reflect that.
As well, some of the Objective's in the "Area of Conflict" had 2-3 Depot's,Factorie's,HQ's....etc. Childed to them.... way overkill!!!!
EX.(Armored Unit) Okay,we captured,(the Mech's)took control and(the Inf) secured,Basrah.Now what do we do while we still have the Initiative............Go and expend yourselve's capturing the 30 depot's............HAHAHA!!

demer

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-12-15 00:32:37

Ed_1 wrote:I think its safe to go up to 7000 objectives as Balkans works fine for most part in AF . I can see you might need high population of objectives if the map area is large or it will look fake flying .

What you want to make sure if there is high count, is what you add , So don't add bunch factories/refineries just for fill in, eye candy, keep them for specific targets and use another objective with low-normal datarate .
example, not supply thing but IMO there was to many radar objectives added in after SP3 , making the radar network to dense for it own good .

Info posted here you can improve things a lot just don't use graph as you result, thats the only down side . either read saved cams or somehow view the saved data .
Agreed,though I still have "out of Mem" issue's with the version of TacEdit that I have,though am not seeing that with Monster's tool............hmmm

Totally agree!!!! Graph's are porked.

demer

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2010-12-19 00:39:34

Did some "Quick Test's" over the week with DataRate\Objective's and how they influence Fuel\Supply in Campain.
Initial test's indicated that we Can hack\modify Fuel\Supply for your Team.But,the opfor remain's consistent @ 100%......Hmmmm???? Went back and looked at the Panama ATTRIT file's I sent to Toonce's....... I had forgotten I had put some very IMPORTANT trigger's in them.

More to come....

Regard's
demer