Some issues in 1.3.10

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

blackuscatus
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Some issues in 1.3.10

Post by blackuscatus » 2011-05-26 23:32:20

Hi Everybody!

First of all, many thanks to Snake Man for an exceptional job done with VTE. I've been playing it in OFP time, and still I think it's the best Vietnam era mod around: very comprehensive and very much capturing the Jungle warfare and 'Nam era experience. And it was a great relief to see you coming back to continue working on VTE. Thanks again, mate!

Some issues follow that I've noticed in 1.3.10 (and most of them even before that).

1) T34-85 model has some protruding gray triangles, that even cast shadows :) Watch them here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc0NFW3l6Bs
2) In Slicks (and maybe in all choppers w/ M60s), the machine guns have a constantly on, very pale and hard-to-see, muzzle flash

3) Sounds for explosions from bombs are pretty weak: you can hear gunfire and vehicles well at about 1km away, but the big bombs are not audible (or the sound is very weak) from about 600 or 700 meters: you can see the explosion very clear, but hear a very weak boom or no sound whatsoever. Sometimes, bombs explode silently even at about 100 meters from the observer. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lccap3EFXg

4) In intense battles some visual effects (bomb explosions, mostly) are not displayed: one can see the bomb hitting the dirt, the trees falling on the ground around the impact point, the crater texture, but not the explosion itself; other particle effects (smoke, etc.) run just fine at the same time

5) Sounds for jets are also quite weak, esp. compared to land vehicles: you can only hear them when they are flying almost over your head. Could be beefed up, I guess.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Some issues in 1.3.10

Post by Snake Man » 2011-05-27 01:32:42

blackuscatus wrote:First of all, many thanks to Snake Man for an exceptional job done with VTE.
I'm glad you like it, thanks for the kind words.
1) T34-85 model has some protruding gray triangles, that even cast shadows
Its work in progress right now, some fixes were made for v1.3.11 internal upgrade 1.
2) In Slicks (and maybe in all choppers w/ M60s), the machine guns have a constantly on, very pale and hard-to-see, muzzle flash
Fixed in v1.3.11
3) Sounds for explosions from bombs are pretty weak: you can hear gunfire and vehicles well at about 1km away, but the big bombs are not audible
Fixed in v1.3.11
4) In intense battles some visual effects (bomb explosions, mostly) are not displayed
Can you reproduce this with certain type of bomb?
5) Sounds for jets are also quite weak, esp. compared to land vehicles: you can only hear them when they are flying almost over your head.
Okay I'll see if there is something wrong with the sound config.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. You are welcome to join us in multiplayer missions using the new v1.3.11 internal if you wish, its another full download and unfortunately one hefty patch on top of that, but if that's no problem, then by all means join to MP missions.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

blackuscatus
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: Some issues in 1.3.10

Post by blackuscatus » 2011-05-27 10:13:30

Snake Man wrote:
4) In intense battles some visual effects (bomb explosions, mostly) are not displayed
Can you reproduce this with certain type of bomb?
I'll try to determine the exact bomb type used and if the issue is really tied to a specific bomb type in the first place. It's just that I've seen it in an air-raid-kind mission, with several planes doing CAS runs and I believe each was armed with a varied selection of ordnance. Let's hope I'll be able to get more details.
Snake Man wrote: Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. You are welcome to join us in multiplayer missions using the new v1.3.11 internal if you wish, its another full download and unfortunately one hefty patch on top of that, but if that's no problem, then by all means join to MP missions.
I'd very much like to have a sneak-peek at v1.3.11 and download sizes are not an issue at all for me. Where can I find the DL link? As for the online play, thanks for the invitation and I'll definitely try to find some time for it, but it will hardly be possible in the near future (newborn babies require a lot of attention, you see ;) )

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”