PMC Chernarus cmp

ArmA 2 campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Chernarus cmp

Post by Snake Man » 2009-07-28 20:31:59

PMC Chernarus cmp v0.1

This is first ever user made campaign for ArmA 2 called PMC Chernarus cmp. Player takes the role of Marine Force Recon team leader. Missions vary from HALO jump, reconnaissance to direct action mission to support other friendly units.

Read online manual: here.

This campaign is work in progress, with more missions to come, its not complete at the moment. There is enough cutscenes and missions to make this an average sized campaign regarding OFP/ArmA standards. There is no character spoken storyline, the campaign flow itself is the storyline here.

Visit PMC Tactical and PMC Tactical forums as well as PMC Editing Wiki which contains tutorials how to edit OFP, ArmA, ArmA 2 and Falcon 4.

Download PMC_Chernarus_cmp_v0.1.rar from torrent magnet:

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1693ae5f97d5b5b3749acaa0ba4f6391d8170ab7&xt=urn:btmh:1220178531e97ee9bb272e9606bc05079d029631c6b308e3d29522880bed52163d3a&dn=PMC_Chernarus_cmp_v0.1.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a6969%2fannounce
Remember to seed.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

wiper

Re: PMC Chernarus cmp

Post by wiper » 2009-08-16 16:34:44

Hi Snake Man,
took me almost 2 hours after you replied in the BIS thread for my 'Cipher' mission to realize that its you who posted over there :)
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83438

Right now, after if hopefully fixed the most important issues (most recent version is 1.21), I found some time to rove around the web and subsequently "stumbled" over your PMC_Charnarus.
I just Holo'ed down and approch the airport as i type...
Cant say how impressed I am about the immersion that comes up at this very point most likely due to the holo'ing, but for the mission concepts too, i bet!

Naturally, after I started moving towards the primary with my AI grunts, just in a manner of habit that I possibly adopted during all the test runs of my own random mission concepts I constantly am on awareness if there isnt any baddy or one of those freaking civis full of vodka riding his trabbi ( ehrm Lada lol) into a barn :mrgreen:
But i'm sure there isnt, the campagin is in beta and theres much to come up in the future im sure...

So at this very point I'm just close to throw some random stuff in just for my own enjoymant, but asking myself
"do our ways cross again maybe scripting some decent mission stuff this time ?"
(you once let me participate on your Arma VTE SVN stuff as I wanted to fix the huts, sigh lol, maybe you remember...)

Well maybe it does, and I'd be glad to discuss about that and other mission related stuff here or in the BIS thread with you.

BTW, do you plan, or actually have started already, to continue/port the VTE content into Arma2 ?
Vietnam "island" stuff is in fact on top of my wish list for bulding dynamic S&R missions as I once did with a SebNam derivate i modded for this purpose.
So I'd be really glad to hear VTE is(or will be) going on for Arma2.

cya
wiper

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-08-16 22:29:56

wiper wrote:took me almost 2 hours after you replied in the BIS thread for my 'Cipher' mission to realize that its you who posted over there
Yeah I was figuring out that there is "Wiper" who helped me on VTE earlier ;)
Cant say how impressed I am about the immersion that comes up at this very point most likely due to the holo'ing, but for the mission concepts too, i bet!
Its all about the engine, its amazing to drop down from 10,000 meter altitude. Too bad the viewdistance limits that we cant really see anything beyond short range though. When I use 5km viewdistance, the ground becomes visible in about 2500m altitude.

Now someone might ask whats the point of dropping from 10km if you only get to see ground from close up (depending on viewdistance), well... 10km HALO is realistic, I did quick check on wikipedia and usual military research sites and this altitude is the best compromise for ArmA 2 mission like this.
Naturally, after I started moving towards the primary with my AI grunts, just in a manner of habit that I possibly adopted during all the test runs of my own random mission concepts I constantly am on awareness if there isnt any baddy or one of those freaking civis full of vodka riding his trabbi ( ehrm Lada lol) into a barn
Sorry you lost me little bit here... you mean that you approached the target area far away and the cities were empty, no civilians etc?
"do our ways cross again maybe scripting some decent mission stuff this time ?"
(you once let me participate on your Arma VTE SVN stuff as I wanted to fix the huts, sigh lol, maybe you remember...)
Yes I remember and if you are interested of some joint scripting helping/projects then absolutely I am interested.

In fact in my own learning of sqf I'm trying to move as much as possible to the "function usage", meaning that I dont do anymore 1000 line piece of script, instead I do like ten or more smaller scripts where the stuff is cleverly spread around. There is so many things in my missions that are repeated over and over again, those are ideal for to be written as functions.

So perhaps we can do some joint functions which then can be used in your Cipher and my campaign missions, that would be great.
Well maybe it does, and I'd be glad to discuss about that and other mission related stuff here or in the BIS thread with you.
Naturally I'm more "open" here at PMC Tactical, so if you don't mind, go ahead and open any scripting editing topic on the editing area or discuss mission design here for my campaign etc. Feel free to post :)
BTW, do you plan, or actually have started already, to continue/port the VTE content into Arma2 ?
Yes I plan and yes I have started. If you dig into the ArmA 2 VTE area you already find even quite old discussions about "VTE ArmA 2" plans, feel free to post you suggestions there btw. I have made "VTE Lite" now with only Ilo and one SEAL soldier, but so far I have not found a way to make the soldier model.cfg work properly so any more public stuff is out of the question.

Also I'm finishing up my ArmA (meaning ArmA 1) projects now before finally moving into ArmA 2 and not looking back to ArmA anymore, so any ArmA 2 work is on halt at the moment.
So I'd be really glad to hear VTE is(or will be) going on for Arma2.
Rest assured, VTE will be for ArmA 2, definitely.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

wiper

Post by wiper » 2009-08-17 23:02:43

Great to hear that you will continue VTE for Arma2! Thanks !

And yes, it would be great to share misson stuff in the future, lets see what time brings on.
Just beeing a bit wiped out atm after this stressfull 'Cipher' relase and in need of a small break I guess

Anywhow, if you're interested in some sqf stuff just feel free to ask.
Although having coding experience at a moderate level at best I'm always glad to share what i know or have.

If you feel fancy for a go with 'Cipher' I have uploded a fresh verson right now, containing sort of an iron man mode now too btw, lol
http://www.filefront.com/14307057/Cipher-v1.22.7z

cheers
wiper

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2024-03-19 20:09:55

ArmA 2 campaign, PMC_Chernarus_cmp_v0.1.rar torrent magnet created and added to the first post download links. Getting shivers by .RAR files, but hey maybe one day I'll do proper repacks heh.

Aslo see PMC Tactical ArmA 2 Campaign and PMC Tactical ArmA 2 Missions pages.

PMC since 1984