BIS models in MLOD format

ArmA 2 editing; configs, modeling, missions, textures, terrain etc.

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

BIS models in MLOD format

Post by Snake Man » 2010-10-29 17:05:20

Found some BIS models in MLOD format from google. These are the models which you can load into O2.

biritsh armed forces - 25.6mb.

Operation Arrowhead Air + Characters - 46.1mb.

Operation Arrowhead Weapons - 26.5mb.

Private military contractors - 12.8mb.

Vehicles (tracked/wheeled) - 78.8mb

You can find these files using google, or asking around.

EDIT: Or you can do the models yourself, check PMC Editing Wiki: Create ArmA 2 Sample Models page for details.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Re: BIS models in MLOD format

Post by T_Rex » 2010-10-29 18:52:39

Do you regularly google random strings related to Arma? :)
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

booz
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Post by booz » 2010-12-05 05:50:24

Hi,
It is official? In don't find anythink in the Official Forum ,the readme shows official .Maybe i over read it ;).

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2010-12-05 06:18:39

Yeah they look official to me. Someone sent me privately link to another one: Private military contractors. First post updated.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

booz
Editing Interests: Modeling + Texturing

Post by booz » 2010-12-05 20:37:55

Well this sounds great! gj Snake Man, however could u upload the vehicles too.I need some examples for my tank and the tracked example of baf is not helpfull for me at present .
thx again for the info about it .

booz.

W0lle
Recruit

Post by W0lle » 2011-02-25 16:03:55

Snake Man wrote:Yeah they look official to me. Someone sent me privately link to another one: Private military contractors. First post updated.
What a blatant lie! If these files would be official then please explain me why they are not available on any other site except this one?

In 2009 you asked around on how to rip FS9 models, on your Wiki are guides on how to rip BIS models and oh what a coincidence, you are the only forum on which these ripped BIS models are available.

To be 100% sure I checked with BIS this morning and these files are NOT official but illegal rips. And it is a fact that at least one BIS employee tried to contact you in the past and you ignored him.

It is a shame, that you and your website gone that way. You guys are around since the very first OFP days. And now it's obvious that you give a rats about BIS' property, and even worse you advice others in doing so.

Shame on you Snake Man, shame on you.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-02-25 17:32:57

W0lle wrote:
Snake Man wrote:Yeah they look official to me. Someone sent me privately link to another one: Private military contractors. First post updated.
What a blatant lie! If these files would be official then please explain me why they are not available on any other site except this one?
I just expressed my opinion "they look", I didn't vouch for them to be anything, all I do is pass along info.
you are the only forum on which these ripped BIS models are available.
PMC Tactical forum does not mirror these files, better check the first post again.
it is a fact that at least one BIS employee tried to contact you in the past and you ignored him.
Nobody has contacted me (dunno about their forum as I don't login there anymore).

Feel free to send me a private message or pass along info to BIS employees where to reach me if they have something to complain about.

PMC since 1984

W0lle
Recruit

Post by W0lle » 2011-02-25 18:18:16

The fact that after my post you still keep the links up tells everything I presume. It's irrelevant if you host them or not, you provide the links to them even at latest now you should know better.

Well it's not me who is held responsible. But go ahead, destroy the reputation you had in the community. As I speak, all the links to this website will be removed and all your threads being closed at the BI Forums. Other sites may follow soon.

Placebo
Editing Interests: None of the above, I don't edit...

Post by Placebo » 2011-02-25 20:29:27

Snake Man wrote: PMC Tactical forum does not mirror these files, better check the first post again.
It doesn't matter if you directly host the files or not, you're linking to them, common sense should have absolutely told you these were not legit, if they were officially released by us they'd be mirrored by us and not hosted on free filehosts, that's assuming you or someone you know hasn't actually ripped these themselves...
Snake Man wrote: Nobody has contacted me (dunno about their forum as I don't login there anymore).

Feel free to send me a private message or pass along info to BIS employees where to reach me if they have something to complain about.
I'm contacting you now, these MLOD's are ripped illegally from our models. By linking to them you're promoting the ripping of our content which I personally find especially disappointing as over the years I've lost many an hour to PMC missions and especially in Flashpoint considered the PMC campaign's the premier user campaigns released.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-02-27 19:17:43

Oh what happened to the links, weird. Anyways broken links fixed, first post updated.

Keep up the good work :lol:

PMC since 1984

Rabbity
Editing Interests: Texturing

Post by Rabbity » 2011-02-28 04:37:59

Snake Man wrote:Oh what happened to the links, weird. Anyways broken links fixed, first post updated.

Keep up the good work :lol:
#win, now i can learn how to properly weight things!