Suggestions for Bahadur v1.5 release

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Sgt_Anderson
Recruit

Suggestions for Bahadur v1.5 release

Post by Sgt_Anderson » 2005-08-20 02:15:43

Please, suggestions or your comments for Bahadur v1.5 release.

Bahadur v1.0 can be found on OFP.info

Snake_Man

Re: Suggestions for Bahadur v1.5 release

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-08-20 15:38:19

Well to remove most of the addons would be essential to get it accepted (I noticed you get a bad rap on BIS forums topic).

Its just way too much addons for one island, when you top that with some units/vehicles, you start to get memory errors pretty soon.

You have to ask yourself, is all the stuff really necessary for the island to look how you want it to look (balancing of course with the addons used).

Btw I was about to download it, but decided against it when I saw the huge list of addons, so I'm just talking here without seeing how the island looks.

Sgt_Anderson
Recruit

Post by Sgt_Anderson » 2005-08-20 16:08:30

What do people have against addons?  Addons are there to download ::)  Man, I think that sites like OFP.info should put warnings on thier download page "USING addons people have uploaded to OFP.info for use will anger people wanting to try out your stuff".

Some people on the BI Forums are very critical
Last edited by Sgt_Anderson on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

W0lle
Recruit

Post by W0lle » 2005-08-20 22:52:39

I downloaded, but haven't checked the Island yet. From the screenshots it looks very promising :)

Although I have all of the required addons, I must admit that I was a bit shocked as I have seen the list of required addons.
It is maybe really a bit too much, maybe you could use the AfghanEveron Buildings instead of the Tonal ones, downloading Tonal just for using your Island might be really a bit too heavy for some people.

You're right with "...Addons are there to download...", that's why People make them and if they are really necessary for adding atmosphere to your island then be it.
The same people now whining about using Tonal objects was the maybe the same which was jumping up and down as Tonal was released :P

Don't be too frustrated, you did a great Job and invested too much time in this island to trash it now because of some people complaining about it.
Like I always say: If you don't like an addon, don't use it - it's that simple.

That's my 2 (Euro)cents for now :)

Gnat
1st Lt

Post by Gnat » 2005-08-23 06:17:58

Btw I was about to download it, but decided against it when I saw the huge list of addons, so I'm just talking here without seeing how the island looks.
SAME ...... I really do "collect" every island addons, but when I saw the list of required object addons ....... just TOO much, sorry to say.

AND .... its not that I probably dont already have every one of those object addons already
2 OFP Directories and 41 Mod Directories: Containing 1426 files of 7,587MB
I probably do .... but what happens every time someone updates or changes a standard release object pac ...... keeping track of an island with so many can/will be a headache.