New Wilbur incompatible!

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

sniping-jack
Recruit

New Wilbur incompatible!

Post by sniping-jack » 2005-02-08 20:06:31

Wilbur has changed up his Version and it's no longer compatibel to WrpTool! The old Version is no longer hosted on Wilbur-Site!

For that i droped a Line to the Programmer Joe Slayton getting permission to host the old Wilbur on Mapfact.

If both parties will agree with that, the "right" Version 1.26 will be available at www.mapfact.gamigo.de.

So please stay tuned.
A look behind could save your life...

Snake_Man

Re: New Wilbur incompatible!

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-02-09 12:19:41

Thanks for letting us know, I'll have to leech new Wilbur and see how the datafile now looks.

So is the new version good or not, if we look it from the WrpTool guy perspective?

sniping-jack
Recruit

Post by sniping-jack » 2005-02-09 18:53:49

Well, in my opinion the new one is running more stable.
Most important funktions are the same, there's no problem to see. But stop looking for the new save format. Joe, the developer of Wilbur will take his hands on it, maybe he can fix the lon/lat-saving to the same fileformat as version 1.25.

Additionally he gave us the permission to host the old Wilbur on Mapfact if we set a link to his Wilbur site. The hosting is in progress - i'll drop a line here when the link will be available.

In future i will take a closer look to the latest Wilbur to figure out whats new. But at a first look most changes just seems to be cosmetic.

sniping-jack
Recruit

Post by sniping-jack » 2005-05-02 23:24:03

Good news!

Sometimes before I have talked to Joe Slayton because of the problem with the existing LON/LAT-format in ver. 1.3x.
Since a couple of weeks Wilbur is running more stable, comes with a new menue strukture, more funtions and *Jipee* a working Lon/Lat-format. The number of the new version is 1.39 - go for it and suck! :)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-05-03 09:43:58

Wilbur homepage for those lazy googlers.

I just made a quick test with Wilbur v1.40, the lat/lon data imported nicely to WrpTool. So I can verify that this version is A OK with WrpTool.

Thanks for letting us know sniping-jack.