wrpedit isle to wrptool problem

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

rowdy

wrpedit isle to wrptool problem

Post by rowdy » 2004-07-10 18:54:08

Hello, I'm having a problem importing a wrp file into wrp tool. I keep getting the error
access violation at address 00406c7e in module 'wrptool.exe'.read of address 0000008.
It is the new normandy isle by uweheindorf who reused the isle created by john christophe. What I want to do is use your wrptool instead of wrpedit because it is much easier to use. The isle can be opened up in wrpedit but not yours and I'm not sure why. When I try it, I get the above error message. I seem to recall someone giving a step by step process to import and open wrpedit files into wrptool that where giving access errors but cannot find the thread that discussed this in the three forums that I searched. Can you help? Thanks and great job!

Snake_Man

Re: wrpedit isle to wrptool problem

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-07-10 20:49:28

Try to load the islands from your OFP directory Worlds, if these load correctly then you are missing some addons etc similar with the normandy island.

I'd bet its just faulty installation of WrpTool which causes this problem. Try to re-read WrpTool manually carefully and follow the installation instructions precisely.