WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

shinRaiden
Captain

News blips!

Post by shinRaiden » 2004-03-26 05:53:11

Two goodies that couldn't be passed up:

Runway textures from Leone
They work together as a set with almost limitless combinations and allow the island make let their imagine run wild.
There are a couple of basic conditions of use. If you have enough respect for my work to use these textures then please also respect these conditions:

1. You must/may modify these textures in anyway you need to fit your own textures. That's what this pack is for. DO NOT USE THESE TEXTURES "AS IS"! The background sand texture WILL NOT match any publicly existing textures for OFP.
2. You MUST place these textures inside a pbo that conforms to the OFPEC TAG system to avoid any potential conflicts.
3. You may modify the names of the textures as you wish, but you MUST make sure they begin with "rw". This is to ensure that OFP will recognise them as runways (unless for some reason you don't wish this to happen??).
4. You must credit me in your Read-Me (not much to ask really...)
5. You may use only the textures you need and throw away the rest to keep your release smaller. You DO NOT have to distribute all 92 files.
6. You may re-combine textures to form new textures as you like. However please CHECK CAREFULLY that you are not making a texture that is already in the pack, and that the yellow "dashes" down the! centre of the taxiways are lined up correctly. DO NOT ROTATE THESE TEXTURES IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

For a good example of how to use this pack please look at Tonal Island by BAS. The runway textures are from this pack, the pbo is tagged and I was given a thank you :-)
And for PAA/PAC'ing your textures:

PAA.Cer tool

From Suma:
Good observation - yes we noticed this as well, and we will be providing a better texture compression quality with OFP2 tools. I am glad your utility will make texture quality improved for OFP addon makers right now, as our current internal utility with the improved quality is not suitable for release. Goog job.