Most Annoying & Most Wanted

WrpTool island creator utility

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

rvirding
Recruit

Re: Most Annoying & Most Wanted

Post by rvirding » 2004-10-06 09:13:52

I forgot to add in the annoying section that double clicking to close a region in the region tool can be a pain sometimes. On my laptop it will often just not work.

ebud
VTE Dev

Post by ebud » 2004-10-12 13:24:22

Most Wanted: Photo overlay so I can place roads/etc over real world sat photos

Most Annoying: Not sure

Berghoff
Recruit

Post by Berghoff » 2005-01-03 13:01:58

I've used WRPTool for a while now and here's my list:

-Most wanted!:

-Better custom forest placer. (Now I got problems with floating forest all the time)
-Ability to check for used ground textures, and option to remove unused textures from folder to keep addon size low. Or give a list what textures aren't used anymore.(This is most usefull when you completed the island and want to delete any texture that isn't used anymore.

-Undo option (see below).

-Most annoying:

-No Undo option. I've sometimes accidently moved some objects which need to placed perfectly like roads, but there is no undo option, so I need to close WRPTool and restart it again which result in loss/delay of work. This is an extreme important fuction to have in any editing program.

-Some ODOL (or something) support, or full support makes this tool quite handy, now I need to binarize small objects I made to get them in WRPTool.

That's it for now.

With this tool you can edit island much faster with this tool than visitor and place objects like fences more accurate. If you manage to improve/add some features, this tool is even better than visitor, well visitor still has the better texture tools. ;)
Last edited by Berghoff on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Instructor

Post by Instructor » 2005-01-04 13:43:50

This is the most valuable tool out there. Great job!

It needs:

An Undo-function

A function for placing trees and bushes at an angle. (if there is one, I've missed it completely)

The capability to select all objects of a certain type at a certain elevation.

It would also be nice to have a tool for defining the flags for ambient sound (hills, forests, meadows etc.) automatically and manually, like WRPedit can. Although with the possibility to define it based on elevation and slope. It's probably my fault, but I can't seem to get it to recognize forests at all either. Everything is either sea or meadow.

K.O.D.
Recruit

Post by K.O.D. » 2005-01-30 09:40:18

Most Annoying would have to be the elevation tool. Although it was vastly improved since WRPedit it still lacks. What I'm saying is that you should be able to round the land better using the specified point function. And the interactive mode only works to round land if you have it set to .1 or something. Land should rise around the specified point if you want it too.

Most wanted for me...Well, a better manual that goes into more detail. Something I can turn to anytime something goes wrong not just some of the time. It should list common bugs with the program and common errors with the users and then explain them.

ebud
VTE Dev

Post by ebud » 2005-02-01 18:22:17

another most wanted, maybe it can be done, but I don't know how...

The ability to select terrain points within a region.

Sanyixus

Post by Sanyixus » 2005-02-13 21:21:49

I've set height positon for an object, but after when i try to move it, that always move back to ground level.

And when will the next version of wrptool come out?
Last edited by Sanyixus on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.