Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon - Removed

Taiwan theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon - Removed

Post by ranger822 » 2011-11-03 03:03:09

For those wondering what happened to Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon by Stephan "DerStef" Willmes, I must report that I was compelled to remove the theater release information and related threads at the FreeFalcon Website.

The reason for this is Snakeman from PMC-Tactical registered a complaint of a violation of his PMC-Taiwan End User License Agreements (EULA). After comparing the two installers contents I verified that Taiwan v0.9 by DerStef indeed had one 64kb file, Taiwan.pak file which had been copied from the PMC-Taiwan Theater. While it pains me to remove this 3.5GB theater, the threshold for EULA violation was met and the Snakeman requested that I remove the material, report the event and issue an apology here and at PMC-Tactical.

I hereby apologize for the event. FreeFalcon respects all EULA's and will do the best we can to remedy mistakes when possible. I have contacted both Snakeman and Derstef and informed them of my findings and actions.

I hope to see Taiwan Theater re-issued some time in the near future. Snakeman has indicated that he has planned a reissue and Derstef has indicated a desire to remedy the issue as well. So stay tuned for further updates.

Regards
Anthony Thomas
Ranger822

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Taiwan Theater v0.9 for FreeFalcon - Removed

Post by Snake Man » 2011-11-03 10:03:06

Just to be clear that there wont be any rumors floating around, this issue was not even close of being caused only by this one file. But I don't want to get stuck in the finer details, I'm just happy that FreeFalcon team acknowledges other teams work, respects them and their EULAs.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."