Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

derStef
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Taiwan Theater v0.4 MODs for FF/RV by derStef

Post by derStef » 2007-12-30 09:55:15

UPDATED: 18.04.08
derstef's PMC Taiwan Theaterv0.4 Campaign MODv0.3 IS AVIABLE NOW!!!!!

>>> SEE PAGE 4<<<

derstef's campaign tweaking:
I modded the save2.cam of taiwan campaigns.
i added the real RoCAF inventory to the right Airbases and so on..
i also added alot of ships to simulate the landing assault.
next step, is to get the groundwar fully wokring.

TAIWAN ACs: F-16AM-B(Hualien AB), F-16AM-D(CHIAYI AB), F-16B,
F-5E, AMX(i use it instead of F-CK-1, which isn't in DB yet :cry: ), RF-101
Mirage 2000-5,E-2C, C-130H, UH-60,UH-1N, MD-500, CH-47D, AH-1,
OH-58D.
JAPAN: F-15J, F-4EJ, KC-10, E-2C, C-130H, UH-60L, Jaguar GR.3(i use it instead of F-1A, which isn't in DB yet :cry: ),
US: F-15C, ,B-52H, B-2A, C-130H, C-17, C-5, KC-135, E-3, E-8C, F-16CJ, F-22, EF-111
F/A-18C, F/A-18D, F/A-18E, F/A-18F, EA-6B. (2 carrier battle groups), UH-60L, AH-64D, OH-58D.
i also added a lot of ships and Airdefenses for both sides.
Japan will join the war on blue side but stays "brown2(flying F-4EJ & F-15J)

The modifications will include:
Campaigns (at first the save2.cam)
Weapon loads/Hardpoints
Skins

as i said its just a mod of the original v.p0.4 Taiwan theater campaign...
....AND a WORK in PROGRESS.....
but good working (NO CTD problems)
anyway everybody who wants to test it,

here the OLD version 0.2 link: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=S28XT8SP

>>>>>THE NEW 0.3 MOD CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 4<<<<<

The INSTALLATION is described in the .txt in that package!

TO EVERYBODY: PLEASE TRY IT OUT
& tell me how to get it better and bettter. I really love that szenario, aren't you? :wink:

I use AMX instead F-CK-1, which isn't in DB jet.... :cry:

Mirage 2000-5.
F-16s:

BTW THE TERRAIN IS GREAT (I LOVE MOUNTAINS AND CANYONS) :wink:

CHEERS, and greetings from Austria!
Stef
UPDATED
Last edited by derStef on 2009-01-18 19:58:50, edited 10 times in total.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2007-12-30 10:17:58

ccc wrote:I'd like to share some findings here.. hope it's not that off-topic.

i take derstef's save.cam for test, edit save2.tri and save2.cam. run the war at 64x time compression, to check the progress of ground war, and hope it could reach an end.

1. the tri files, the war is set to end on Day 100. i cut-n-paste a Red-win event to make an end when Red unit capturing Taipei.

YES it works. after i moving several TCL-placed units back/near to a road, some are moving. i noted two or three red infantry units can reach and capture Taipei on Day 1 1300-1600. it ends the war in 10 hours..then game stops-news report: US pulls out Taiwan. :shock:
the blue units do not aggressively respond to the invasion around Taipei, and all hot spots at middle, SW, and NE taiwan are static.

it proves a simple " war ending " can be achieved.

2. Since the rest hot spots appear static, i change the positions of troops, increase key city value number, and add the target city camp_id to tri file, the result is no go, only Taipei captured, war not end. thru the test, ground offensive is changing/directed to new target cities, but red units never move.. it may imply the linking bug or missing bridges, or red unit too weak to launch an attack. i've no idea ATM.

3. then i back to Taipei area, test if i can set tri as "capturing Taipei and Taipei HQ to win". wierd, the linking looks ok - Taipei is easily taken before 1400, but red just won't move to take Taipei HQ.. tho two units take ShunShan airbase instead, then lost of advancing drive. in this case, i also change Taipei HQ value to 90+, Taipei 99. it seems more blue units moving to the hot zone for defense, red suffered more loss..

4. then, i decide to change tri as "capturing Taipei and ShunShan airbase to win", see if such goal can be achieved.. meanwhile i LINK ShunShan airbase with Taipei HQ( create a road between the two). the result is, blue defensive seems much more aggressive.. many armor or mobile units move to contact red, some secure Shunshan airbase, make the red offensive much harder. in this case, a red infantry unit still captured Taipei - it managed to sneak thru Blue units and capture the city - and i did not notice blue try to re-take the city yet. meanwhile, few red unit failed to take Shunshan airport. I am surprised that the defense/maneuvoring of blue troops becomes so "intentionally" after some linking tweak. the strong armor/mechanized units around airport make Red assult stall.. so no end in this test.

5. i also tweak ground units to give them orders from the begining of war.. give them target(camp_id) and set them as "capture", one by one. the result is not pleasing. the red units near Taipei do their job as usual. the rest just won't move at all. i think obj network need further check.

6. obj-linking at NW part of Taiwan does not work properly.. i found several link line crossed.
THANKS CCC, but as i said i haven't overworked red units in Taiwan isle...
you say it's no prob to move not right placed things with tacedit to the right position? Ok.
i'll work on the next one....
thanks again, great/useful post!
cheers

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Taiwan Theater 0.4 MODs by derstef

Post by Snake Man » 2007-12-30 11:00:51

derstef wrote:i created my topic here, i hope its ok for you, Snake Man!
Very good, no problems at all :)
I modded the save2.cam of taiwan campaigns.
Now if you only can do the edits with TCL scripts, then we could implement them into the official releases. But I've said this already couple of times without result so dunno heh.

Also I suggest you create a new taiwan2.tdf (or something like that) file for the theater and place your save2.cam in there so it wont overwrite the official campaign. Anyways, nice to see usermade support for the theater.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

derStef
Banned user

Re: Taiwan Theater 0.4 MODs by derstef

Post by derStef » 2007-12-30 13:39:17

Snake Man wrote: Now if you only can do the edits with TCL scripts, then we could implement them into the official releases. But I've said this already couple of times without result so dunno heh.

Sorry, i have no way to get them in TCL scripts, i have NO experience with scripting, sorry. Dammed.... :cry:
i really like the tacedit way, so what should we/i do now?
:(

thanks snake man for all your patience with guys like me....
Last edited by derStef on 2007-12-30 16:49:05, edited 1 time in total.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2007-12-30 14:51:19

more tweak report..

i do more tweak on some red ground unit.. in tacedit, double click on one unit,

in unit properities page, targe ID > add a target camp_id
in Ground page, AObj > add a target camp_id, change Orders to Capture.

i do the tweak on red units in middel taiwan, set Chin-Hsui and Taichung port to RED ownership. run at 64x.

this time.. i noticed more aggressive reaction from Blue units - some maneuvor north to neutralize a red infantry unit from north trying to take Taichung-Hsein, then maneurvored to re-capture Chin-hsui and Taichung port! in contrast, Red unit momentum is low. no obvious movement. this is the first time i noticed Blue take offensive to re-take Red town! of course only few red units to hold the positions and no power to fight back. it's hard to say the road network is buggy around Taichung area, becuae Blue can move fluently.. just Red can't succeed in taking CCK and Taichung airport.

meanwhile i check the Taipei area..as aforementioned, a red unit succeeded in capturing Taipei, and Blue side responds aggressively. this time i noticed four or five units moving down to take the last target - Shunshan airport to win. yes i set capturing Taipei and Shunshan base to win in Tri. i also noted aggressive capture- re-capture around Taipei Facotory spot, then a red unit suddenly take Shunshan airbase - thus ends the war on Day 1, 22 hr!!

now the ground war in KaoHsung and I-lan need further tweak, no acitivities noted yet.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2007-12-30 16:06:26

more tweak shows.. the campaign is truely dynamic!!

my tweak in Kaohsung/SW taiwan made no progress, unit static as usual.

tweak at NE taiwn too, no moving.

meanwhile.. the battle in middle taiwan, blue successfully wipe out most red unit and re-capture lost towns and the port.

in Taipei, blue reacted more aggressively, red captured taipei and taipei factory first, then Blue re-capture the two obj and secured them tightly, red units all exhuasted and low power. it's Day 2 now, and i doubt Red can win the war..

hmm.. more red units should make the dynamic more interesting.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2007-12-30 17:29:59

ccc wrote:more tweak shows.. the campaign is truely dynamic!!
YEAH great work! 8-)
But how to get the other Red units moving, any ideas?
ccc wrote:hmm.. more red units should make the dynamic more interesting.
from the beginning or as reinforcement? also ACs for reinf.. AND more RED ACs. i'll also edit the Airdefense again. should i add some SAM sites (objectives)?
should i move one F-5E Sq to Makung AB or on a airstrip for "strategic spreading"??? or any thing else?

could you send me your .tri and .cam tweaks, to work on the same platform from now on? sorry i don't understand the scripting things really.

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT SUPPORT, CCC!

Closter
Captain

Post by Closter » 2007-12-30 22:35:24

derstef wrote:could you send me your .tri and .cam tweaks, to work on the same platform from now on? sorry i don't understand the scripting things really.
May I suggest you simply, old fashioned, write down your changes to the campaign unit by unit into a text file and mail it to Snake Man?. I bet he is able to turn it into a TCL script.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-12-31 06:25:15

Closter is absolutely right...

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2007-12-31 08:46:52

yeah, i know but it would take some time........long time.... toooooo long :x maybe next year. :lol: :lol:

if i write it down should i do it in that way or do you have some whishes???? Unit:,X: ,Y: , role:

I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
greetings from Austria!
Stef

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2007-12-31 12:19:26

CCC i tried your tweak:
at day 2: 1:40:05 US pulls out of Taiwan, as you said. red infantry captures Taipe. only movement around taipe.
other reds in south aren't moving.

Blue units are moving back to their TCL X/Y coordinates, i think, but not really engaging...

my opinion is that "reserve" in units tasks is one of the probs, we also have to give them "AcampID" you know. thats the way you/i got infantry rushing into taipe..

now i'm overworking the red Airdefense again. but S-300PMU does not have the range up to taiwan isle. ~20mn less...
anyway what should i add as short range ad?

good to know that i can drag and drop units via tacedit. always thougt that it causes CTDs.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2007-12-31 12:43:27

CCC i tried your tweak:
at day 2: 1:40:05 US pulls out of Taiwan, as you said. red infantry captures Taipe. only movement around taipe.
other reds in south aren't moving.

Blue units are moving back to their TCL X/Y coordinates, i think, but not really engaging...

my opinion is that "reserve" in units tasks is one of the probs, we also have to give them "AcampID" you know. thats the way you/i got infantry rushing into taipe..
ya, sometimes Red can ends the war - it just proves that we can make the campaign working and reach an end.

then following goals are..

- make ground units in Taiwan can move to engage. i've made those in TaiChung area working to some extent, but no progress in SW and NE hot zones.

- once all road network proves to be potent and ground war progressing smoothly, time to add more ground units, add reinforcement of both sides, to make the battle even hotter. tri file tweak to ask both sides capturing more obj to win. and reasonably stretch the campaign hours - ideally 72 hours to one week, to end the battle.
now i'm overworking the red Airdefense again. but S-300PMU does not have the range up to taiwan isle. ~20mn less...
anyway what should i add as short range ad?

that's ok.

just use SA10, SA15, SA2, HQ7, and Man-portable SAMs.

the red side AD units in Taiwan will count on light-weight SAMs like HQ7, SA15?, PL9, and man-portable ones.

Fafa
Captain

Post by Fafa » 2007-12-31 14:12:10

Are you sure Exocet is employed in Taiwan Airforces and particularly on Mirages ?

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2007-12-31 14:22:33

Fafa wrote:Are you sure Exocet is employed in Taiwan Airforces and particularly on Mirages ?
remove exocet. taiwanese m2k is exclusively for air defense - and limited to this role as a political deal!

btw, the copy of exocet is widely used in PLA ac and ships, as YJ82/83 series.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2007-12-31 14:25:15

Fafa wrote:Are you sure Exocet is employed in Taiwan Airforces and particularly on Mirages ?
No, that was just for testing.
ROCAF uses the Mirages just for Airdefensive or intercept missions...i removed all AG weapons from the M2k-5.. only MICA EM & MAGIC II.

you have good eyes, fafa! :wink:

@SNAKE MAN: i'm writing my edits down in a EXCEL doc. IS THAT OK????
Jets are nearly done...

But NOW, LET'S PARTY, YEEEEHAAAA!
CHEERS TO ALL

Fafa
Captain

Post by Fafa » 2007-12-31 15:17:33

derstef wrote: you have good eyes, fafa! :wink:
To be honest it's not me who saw it. Made your pub on my squadron site
-> http://falconpassion.free.fr/Forum/inde ... st&p=19604
:wink:

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-12-31 15:38:24

derstef wrote:i'm writing my edits down in a EXCEL doc. IS THAT OK????
Sure. But even a simple text file would do just fine.

Unit type & X,Y coordinates.

PMC since 1984

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-01 14:49:10

Thanks to Sherlock, i deleted few crossed obj links in NW taiwan..

then i change few more coastal obj to Red side.

the test result becomes even more unpredictable..

in Taipei area, the blue defense gets more strong, ground unit manuvoring aggressively and fluently. the result is Taipei and surrrounding obj are solidly secured.. blue units even launch assult to re-capture Bali port.

in mid taiwan, Taichung area, sometimes blue can beat all red units and re-capture all lost obj, sometimes Red side becomes so aggressively that CCK airbase is captured by infantry unit.. and blue failed to re-capture one single obj.

the battle around Kaohsung, SW taiwan, remain static.

i've to admit.. the dynamic ground battle is cool..all up to your edits.

next step is adding more units.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-01 19:03:26

double post
Last edited by derStef on 2008-01-02 07:59:10, edited 1 time in total.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-01 21:33:21

...also thanks to Sherlock!
ccc wrote:Thanks to Sherlock, i deleted few crossed obj links in NW taiwan..

then i change few more coastal obj to Red side.

in Taipei area, the blue defense gets more strong, ground unit manuvoring aggressively and fluently. the result is Taipei and surrrounding obj are solidly secured.. blue units even launch assult to re-capture Bali port.
Great! i think we should let it like that! great ccc! what do you think?
ccc wrote:in mid taiwan, Taichung area, sometimes blue can beat all red units and re-capture all lost obj, sometimes Red side becomes so aggressively that CCK airbase is captured by infantry unit.. and blue failed to re-capture one single obj.
Good, but a bit hard.. :wink: what do you mean with "sometimes"?
ccc wrote:the battle around Kaohsung, SW taiwan, remain static.
Linking problem? no roads? no target ID? set as "Reserve"? any other idea?
ccc wrote:i've to admit.. the dynamic ground battle is cool..all up to your edits.
sorry what does that mean "all up to your edits"? sorry i'm not that good in english.... :oops: good or bad?
ccc wrote:next step is adding more units.
for sure! which ones? how much? where? as reinforce? target?
Also red HeadQuarterBattalions (HQ) to the "beachhead villages" in Taiwan. and some "naval Inf" (BTR-80?) all around.
Can we set some CAP/DCA packages, which are already in air ( i would say F-15C/Js & F-16 AM-D/Bs on steerpoint 2/3 with 2tanks & AAMs), when campaign starts. you know what i mean...

thaks for your support!

CCC: PM inbound! :!:

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-02 14:26:33

Snake Man, i think you'll receive the .xls today....
in that style:

OK? i hope so....
the first one includes the ACs.....
next one are the ships... (this one is hard... :twisted: )

cheers

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-02 14:58:55

few more tweak report.. sorry if my post de-rail the subject, let me know.

- i keep simplifiying some obj linking.

- i add very few new ground units to red side and Orangize them, give them a designated obj to capture.

for example, i add or edit a Brigade unit called 11 division, the divison can have few more brigades, each brigade can have max 5 battalions. i oragnize nearby battlion units to one brigade, let them form a regional combat zone.. and operate under the command of the brigade.

supriingly..the battle at SW taiwan, Kaohsung is active now - Red launched attack, capture Kaohusng intl airbase, industry complex, and take Kaohusng city.. blue is fleeing away.

meanwhile, Red unit launched attack and capture Taichung city, capture nearby CCK airbases.. blue also fleeing away .. wierd, i never saw blue fleeing at that pace.. maybe i should Oragnize them into a fighting complex to secure some obj!!

in contrast, red offensive at Taipei is static..Blue units secured Taipei very well.. make me wonder how long it take to end the war now.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-02 15:13:20

ccc wrote:few more tweak report.. sorry if my post de-rail the subject, let me know.

- i keep simplifiying some obj linking.

- i add very few new ground units to red side and Orangize them, give them a designated obj to capture.

for example, i add or edit a Brigade unit called 11 division, the divison can have few more brigades, each brigade can have max 5 battalions. i oragnize nearby battlion units to one brigade, let them form a regional combat zone.. and operate under the command of the brigade.

ok, i didn't know how to handle divisions, thanks.
ccc wrote:supriingly..the battle at SW taiwan, Kaohsung is active now - Red launched attack, capture Kaohusng intl airbase, industry complex, and take Kaohusng city.. blue is fleeing away.
:shock:
ccc wrote: meanwhile, Red unit launched attack and capture Taichung city, capture nearby CCK airbases.. blue also fleeing away .. wierd, i never saw blue fleeing at that pace.. maybe i should Oragnize them into a fighting complex to secure some obj!!
Yes! i think that would solve it.
ccc wrote: in contrast, red offensive at Taipei is static..Blue units secured Taipei very well.. make me wonder how long it take to end the war now.

yeah, a "bit" longer i think :lol: !
WELL DONE CCC! check PM

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-03 02:15:59

tweaking report - i encountered CTD last night..

i added AH-1, UH-1, OH-58, and CH47 sq to two army helo base, A Hou Ko and Kuwe Jian, then add a Red Marine brigade+ infantry type81 battalions. then i went test in sim.. hit [start campaign], when game engine load cam file, it CTD immediately!!

so i deleted those helo sq and Red marine brigade.. then the campaign resumed normal.

just to say..there could be something wrong during the tweaking process, or could be some DB bug in units/Sqadrons.

Besides, i still can not make red units moving fluently in NW coastal area.. the obj linking is edited, but i units tend to stuck at some area.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-03 02:25:50

@derstef - you may add Jaguar Gr3 for Japan as Mitsubishi F-1.

also edit the Jaguar DB to have a radar, load japanese ASM-1, and role score for anti-ship.

http://www.airforceworld.com/attacker/gfx/f1/f1_1.jpg

molnibalage
Colonel
Editing Interests: Modeling

Post by molnibalage » 2008-01-03 10:14:13

Amphibious operations?

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-03 10:52:13

ccc wrote: just to say..there could be something wrong during the tweaking process, or could be some DB bug in units/Sqadrons.
yeah, i also had problems like that, we have to be very carefully in that case
ccc wrote: Besides, i still can not make red units moving fluently in NW coastal area.. the obj linking is edited, but i units tend to stuck at some area.
hmm, do they have targetsID?have you set "flags" set to [Parent] & [Ordered]?

ccc wrote:
you may add Jaguar Gr3 for Japan as Mitsubishi F-1.
also edit the Jaguar DB to have a radar, load japanese ASM-1, and role score for anti-ship.
for sure, i also thougt on that, BUT the ASM-1 and AAM-3 aren't visible via F4browse so i cannot add them to the Jaguar!! any idea? :(
molnibalage wrote: Amphibious operations?
hi molni, nice to see you here...
do you mean armored red units in Twaiwan? if so, YES!
i'll add some naval inf and stuff like that.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-03 16:07:00

test report after few hours' tweak..

the tweaked campaign ends on Day 1 2300, red catpure Taipei, ShunShan AB, Taichung, CCK AFB, KaoHsung, and KaoHsung Intl Airport.

all three key cities fell at the cost of many red ground units.

in recent tests i added mechanized units to assist infantry catpruing Taipei and Taichung. i noticed organized blue ground defense to protect all three cities, tho many blue units fleeing away in the begining of red offensive.

i've to say TacEdit is a cool tool.. lots of functions to explore. there're some functions to check the intergrity and bug of obj/link/unit.. once you run those functions, i'll learn what to fix.

for example, the Divsion number should be 0-254. i randomly designated units more than that number .. could result in random CTDs.
and, the Brigade-Battalion link should be established thru TacEdit-Brigade page.. first add Brigade, then use it to add more battlions. i try to add seperate battlions first, then link to a new brigade, the reslt is CTD, fail to set up parent-links.

to sum up, my recent tweak shows..

- well-organized ground unit, with given target and action order, seems more active and agressive, and try to accomplish their mission. in my test, red units tends to follow order, while blue untis not.. i noted SM placed US ground units on Taiwan - could it be the reason that US troops dont want to fight? or the Taiwan-US alliance not establish in the begining of campaign?

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-03 16:20:14

for sure, i also thougt on that, BUT the ASM-1 and AAM-3 aren't visible via F4browse so i cannot add them to the Jaguar!! any idea? :(
i can see the two weapon in f4browse..

molnibalage wrote: Amphibious operations?
no amphibious code.

to simulate a amphibious landing, set some ground units shows up as reinforcement at given time. i am trying to do it.

btw, adding airmobile, paratroops or helo assult troopos would be cool.. i don't know how to enable such feature yet.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-03 16:50:52

ccc wrote:
i can see the two weapon in f4browse..
yes i also can add it to HP but in can't set how much should be stored with on sqadron.. so in RV munitions UI it shows "out"
ccc wrote: to simulate a amphibious landing, set some ground units shows up as reinforcement at given time. i am trying to do it.
that works. i tried it. you've to set "flags" to [parent] & [inactive] and [reinforce time],

i think i should overwork the groundwar form beginning, = remove all and add new ones.
you know it's evil to have the same name in a unitcategory, so....
Question: what names should i give the brigade, then what to battalions

mostly i do it that way: e.g. Brigade 24,
>battalion25,
>battalion26,
>battalion27
>battalion28

i'm always looking that no battalion or something esle has the same name. 0 (zero) is also weird!
better ideas?
any ideas?
thanks again for your ground testing!
cheers

Parislord
Recruit

AAM-3 and ASM-1

Post by Parislord » 2008-01-04 06:49:44

I gotta agree w/ Dstef, neither of these weapons are available in the squadron stores lists in F4Browse, they're in the weapons section but you cannot select them from the list under C-2 which controls the Jag sqdn stores...

The AMX doesn't work very well as a F-ck-1 stand-in, that's an attack bird w/ no afterburner and a limited radar. I use a modified F-16DG, but only because it looks superficially similar (or, rather the Ching Kuo looks similar to an f-16--in the nose area).

We really need an F-104. I've been using an F-8E for a stand-in but it sucks looking at the Marines skin all out-fo-place.

Btw, awesome viper skins, D...
"The terrain has a higher Pk than any missile you may currently be evading..."

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2008-01-04 10:06:11

If it can help, in 2006 I wrote a TCL script which "export" units in a TCL script.
It was designed in order to merge TEs. I think it could be used here to make directly a TCL script to build units from your save02.cam :oops: .

If interested tell me (don't have it under my hand).
ImageImage

derStef
Banned user

Re: AAM-3 and ASM-1

Post by derStef » 2008-01-04 10:45:28

Parislord wrote:I gotta agree w/ Dstef, neither of these weapons are available in the squadron stores lists in F4Browse, they're in the weapons section but you cannot select them from the list under C-2 which controls the Jag sqdn stores...
YES, you said it exactly! thanks
Parislord wrote:The AMX doesn't work very well as a F-ck-1 stand-in, that's an attack bird w/ no afterburner and a limited radar. I use a modified F-16DG, but only because it looks superficially similar (or, rather the Ching Kuo looks similar to an f-16--in the nose area).
i think F-CK-1 looks like a mix of F-5,F-16&F18...
buti don't believe that it has the performance like a Viper...
you may be right, no Afterburner on AMXis a bit bad, but anyway it makes it role not that bad.

so TO ALL, WHAT WOULD YOU SUUGEST INSTEAD OF AMX for F-CK-1???
BTW i think, there are enough Vipers already in this campaign. (~150) :wink:
Parislord wrote: We really need an F-104. I've been using an F-8E for a stand-in but it sucks looking at the Marines skin all out-fo-place.

YES, and at best also the FUCK-1....
but as ccc said, "first we need a fully working dynamic campaign"..... :cry:
Parislord wrote: Btw, awesome viper skins, D...

Thanks, Lord, but i don't think that i could release them.
they look tooo noobish, it was the first time, i've made skins & also first time PhotoshopCS2. :oops: i've still some issues in nosesection on the Vipers... :?
BTW have you tried my mod? if not,please! :wink:

Cheers

Couby wrote:If it can help, in 2006 I wrote a TCL script which "export" units in a TCL script.
It was designed in order to merge TEs. I think it could be used here to make directly a TCL script to build units from your save02.cam :oops: .

If interested tell me (don't have it under my hand).
:shock: :shock: :shock:
PLEASE, Couby, send it to me!

Cheers
Stef

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-04 15:59:58

my test - adding reinforcement ground units - failed.

first, i make sure Red can capture Kaohsung city/airport/port in tweaked campaign.

then- i added a red reinforced unit to take another town. it won't show up.

so - i change the reinforced unit to Blue side, see if it can show up and re-take Kaohsung city back. no, it won't show up for 2 more days.

it seems the campaign engine decide to leave reinforced units alone..

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-04 22:57:59

ccc wrote: it seems the campaign engine decide to leave reinforced units alone..
hmm bad news :?

Ok, I'm adding now the ground units from beginning in our latest save2.cam.
1.Airdefense (they don't need DIV or BRIG)
2. brigades then link to div or the other way around?
3. reinforces...

thanks ccc, cheers
Stef

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-05 02:44:23

Ok, I'm adding now the ground units from beginning in our latest save2.cam.
1.Airdefense (they don't need DIV or BRIG)
Honestly i don't know if AD units need Div-Brigade-Battlion linking. you may check default Korea campaigns, see if they do it.

OTOH, remember "IADS - intergrated air defense system", one of falcon campaign engine features? my guess, if AD units work as an IADS, they must be linked..so all neighboring AD units cooperate to defend a target obj. If not linked, each AD battalion is assigned to defend their own defend obj.. the result is a NON-intergrated ADS.

of course, you may need more SAM site obj to complete a regional IADS first!
2. brigades then link to div or the other way around?
command order - Divisoin - Brigade -Battalion.

add Brigade first, then use its edit page to add child Battalions.

do not add battalion first and try to link back to a brigade - it may cause buggy linking, or non-linking.

3. reinforces...
the reinforce units, in [Reinf] blank, fill in a number, for example "6" = show up 6 hours later. AND in [Unit flags], check [inactive], make it not active(visible) in the begining of war. thanx to Biker for the info.

However, no promise the units can show up on time or later.. it seems up to campaign AI - if the AI decide you need Reinforcement, they will show up - if AI decide you don't need them - well.. no reinf.

So - it's quite tricky to balance the ground war powers - only some force level/ratio/situation can make campaign AI call for reinforcement.

IMHO if we can not set reinforcement units show up at a given time point, we can not make "simulated" amphibious landing. the alternative is placing marines at beachhead in the begining of war.

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-05 11:27:14

ccc wrote: Honestly i don't know if AD units need Div-Brigade-Battlion linking. you may check default Korea campaigns, see if they do it."
NO, they aren' in div or brig.
ccc wrote:of course, you may need more SAM site obj to complete a regional IADS first!
i'll try it anyway.
thanks for the reprot

TEST REPORT: my new one: i reomved all AG units and added new ones.
I set every brig/batt his own targetID & action. most red & blue are moving, But NEARLY ALL BLUE UNITS TRY TO REÀCH WAN-LI.. Wan-li has no high priority[20], so why are they all moving to there? (on batt page in camp, all ste to Reserve- Wan-li)
idon't understand that, because i gave them all a different action and ID....

cheers

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-05 11:45:22

i turned to test obj linking in a different way..

when i tried to test capture obj-win result, i placed red units closer to their target obj. now i want to slightly stretch war time and check if red units can launch their offensive move for a far starting point.

result-

Kaohsung area- success, red units can move north and finally capture kaohsung city. then immediately re-taken by blue unit. :D

Taichung area - success, place all red units around Taichung port - they successfully captured Taichung city and CCK airbase, and secured the obj. no strike back from Blue.

NW costal area - no go. i placed red units near Taoyang coast. As said before, obj-linking is complex and probably buggy there.. the ground units did not move.

Taipei area - the obj linking is open from Bali to Taipei. few red units succeeded in capturing obj along the route, and finally Taipei city. OTOH, the route from San-chih (NW corner) to Taipei, several red infanty units stayed at their starting points, can not move to Taipei. wierd. so, red failed to capture designated obj to win/end the war...ATM the campaign clock keeps runing on Day 3.

summary - obj-linking at NW taiwan, costal area, needs more test. the inland route seems ok, blue units can move freely to support Taipei.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-01-05 12:30:18

derstef wrote: But NEARLY ALL BLUE UNITS TRY TO REÀCH WAN-LI.. Wan-li has no high priority[20], so why are they all moving to there? (on batt page in camp, all ste to Reserve- Wan-li)
well.. yes i noted it too. Wan-li is located at NE corner.. hmm.. how about breaking the obj link to Wan-li, see what's the next reserve obj? :wink:

ideally blue units should all stay near high prioirity obj to help defense!

derStef
Banned user

Post by derStef » 2008-01-05 13:36:12

ccc wrote:
well.. yes i noted it too. Wan-li is located at NE corner.. hmm.. how about breaking the obj link to Wan-li, see what's the next reserve obj? :wink:

ideally blue units should all stay near high prioirity obj to help defense!
Ok, i'll break the link.
or should i set Wan-li priority to 0?
red in north aren't moving to taipei.
also red and units remain static in N/E bay area...
in mid west, red capture CCK-AB and Taitung area, no counterstrike from blue (got setted as reserve again) hmmm...
thx
cheers