Missing airbase from the tacedit CSV

Iran theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Red Dog
Banned user

Missing airbase from the tacedit CSV

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-27 10:59:01

I have some problems with the tacedit CSV file.

1. some entries are doubled, tripled.

2. There are some airbases I cannot find, although some are in ODS...

ALI AL SALEM AB (Kuwait)

KHASAB (OMAN)

AL AIN INTL (UAE)

BAM (IRAN)
BANDAR ABBAS NAS (IRAN)
DAYRESTAN (IRAN)
JASK (IRAN)
METAR KALATEH (IRAN)
RAFSANJAN (IRAN)
SIRJAN (IRAN)
TABBAS (IRAN)

AKSTAFA (AZERBAIJAN)
GYANDZHA (AZERBAIJAN)
HEYDAR ALIYEV (BAKU INTL) (AZERBAIJAN) - OK
NASOSNAYA (AZERBAIJAN)
NAKHCHIVAN (AZERBAIJAN)

Chardzhev (TURKMENISTAN)

SHIRAK (ARMENIA)
ZVARTNOTS (ARMENIA) I know it's one of the YEREVAN airports (YEREVAN YEGVARD, or YEREVAN-PARAKAR)

BOLSHIYE SHIRAKI (GEORGIA)
TBILISSI NOVOALEXEYEVKA (GEORGIA)
VAZIANI (GEORGIA)

That might be a name issue but we might need to add a few, would that be possible ?

Also to clear the name issue, I might need to see a chart of current IRAN with the airbase spot and aibase name displayed
can anyone post such a map for me?
I need to be able to read the airbase names, so it might be large resolution
Last edited by Red Dog on 2007-04-27 12:12:44, edited 3 times in total.
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-27 12:06:15

found a name issue already
HEYDAR ALIYEV = BAKU BINA
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Missing airbase from the tacedit CSV

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-27 12:24:03

Red Dog wrote:That might be a name issue but we might need to add a few, would that be possible ?
Yes, I need to check the next free object ID for you.
I might need to see a chart of current IRAN with the airbase spot and aibase name displayed can anyone post such a map for me?
You still need this?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-27 12:49:00

You still need this?
yes, such a chart would greatly help
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-27 16:24:11

Red Dog wrote:
Also to clear the name issue, I might need to see a chart of current IRAN with the airbase spot and aibase name displayed
can anyone post such a map for me?
I need to be able to read the airbase names, so it might be large resolution
Snake Man, are you doing this? If not, send me your airport.tdf file to lod_viper1 at yahoo dot com and I can generate the pic for Red Dog (if you want me to...).
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-27 16:57:25

You guys are really doing all you can to help me, It's great to work for you guys :D
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-27 22:20:51

Sherlock wrote:Snake Man, are you doing this? If not, send me your airport.tdf file to lod_viper1 at yahoo dot com and I can generate the pic for Red Dog (if you want me to...).
Nah you'll do it. Take the latest Iran release's save0.cam and use the airbase data from there. Either by taking screenshot(s) from tacedit or export airbases to CSV and use your converted to load TDF into Terrainview. What ever you need to do for the image.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-27 23:25:53

Snake Man wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Snake Man, are you doing this? If not, send me your airport.tdf file to lod_viper1 at yahoo dot com and I can generate the pic for Red Dog (if you want me to...).
Nah you'll do it. Take the latest Iran release's save0.cam and use the airbase data from there. Either by taking screenshot(s) from tacedit or export airbases to CSV and use your converted to load TDF into Terrainview. What ever you need to do for the image.
Got it.

Red Dog, here is the link to download: http://dodownload.filefront.com/7363422 ... e78c7e335d

It's TVs default output (2048x2048 pixels). Let me know if you need it larger. Airfield names looked pretty legible to me.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-28 07:21:05

Thanks Lod, Got the map. resolution is good enough.
It's just impossible to get the airport names in azerbaijan for instance because the name are overlapping one another. I'll start with what i have

Stand by for geographic intensive debates :)

I already see that there is ALI AL SALEM AB in Kuwait on the map
I cannot find it in the CSV file?
Can any one of you check that?

DAS ISLAND = YAS ISLAND, so that one is solved

KHASAB (OMAN) is missing for sure. It's an OMANI airport just on the tip of UAE (the tip is OMANI territory and not UAE territory

AL AIN from UAE is missing as well. It's supposed to be on the OMANI border. But we might have already enough airbases in UAE anyway

BAM (IRAN)
BANDAR ABBAS NAS (IRAN)
DAYRESTAN (IRAN)
JASK (IRAN)
Are missing as well.
JASK is on the southern coast of Iran, somewhere between Bandar Abbas and Chah Bahar. The coast goes down, then right. Jask is right there. I think it's strategic enough to be added.
BANDAR ABBAS NAS is right next to Bandar Abbas. Dayrestan is on the Dolfin shaped island just south of Bandar abbas
BAM is between Zabzevaran (Jiroft) and Zahedan. Bam rings a bell for me as an important military base, but We can do without.

RAFSANJAN (IRAN)
SIRJAN (IRAN)
Are missing.
They both are quite close to KERMAN, can do without, but there's a rather large airbase gap between KERMAN and the southern coast without those two? especially Sirjan

TABBAS (IRAN) is missing too. It's between KERMAN and SABZEVAR. There's also a long distance without airbase right there in the centre without TABBAS

METAR KALATEH (IRAN) is missing too. It's between KALALEH and DASHTE NAZ - on the Caspian seaside. Not an overly important airbase, so we can do without

Chardzhev (TURKMENISTAN) is CHARDZHOU WEST

VAZIANI (GEORGIA)
are all missing. matter of fact, there's no airport implemented in georgia. Is it important to have them?

ZVARTNOTS (ARMENIA) should be YEREVAN PARAKAR

SHIRAK (ARMENIA) is missing, it bugs me because it's a rather large airport also called GYUMRI but that name is also missing from the CSV
It's supposed to be close to the turkish border, next to Kars.
I do see an airport right where it's supposed to be but I can't read the name
I think ABANDONNED KARS refers to KARS in Turkey
Ant the one in Azerbaijan is named KARS SOUTHEAST
Anyone can confirm? If that's the case, then KARS SOUTHEAST should be renamed SHIRAK or Gyumri

NAKHCHIVAN (AZERBAIJAN) is actually not in AZERBAIJAN but in ARMENIA - or apparently so because there are boundaries withing armenia that might be another country of boundaries in disputes ...
Anyway, NAKHCHIVAN is there in the middle, but not in the CSV
Or we leave it as a blackhole, or we find what 's the meaning of those borders.
EDIT : NAKHCHIVAN is well referenced as an AZERBAIJANI airport but latitudes and longitudes place it right in the middle or ARMENIA (within the strange borders). This leads me to believe that there's a part of Azerbaijan within armenia.

AKSTAFA (AZERBAIJAN)
Can't find it, I'll delete it form my list
GYANDZHA (AZERBAIJAN)
NASOSNAYA (AZERBAIJAN)
There are plenty of airports I can keep to replace those threes in Azerbaijan.
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-28 20:43:36

Red Dog wrote: Thanks Lod, Got the map. resolution is good enough.
It's just impossible to get the airport names in azerbaijan for instance because the name are overlapping one another. I'll start with what i have

Stand by for geographic intensive debates :)

I already see that there is ALI AL SALEM AB in Kuwait on the map
I cannot find it in the CSV file?
Can any one of you check that?
I found ALI AL SALEM AB in the CSV file I exported from the SAVE1.cam file from the Iran V0.2 release. Let me post up that file and you can examine it. Here it is: http://dodownload.filefront.com/7370781 ... e78c7e335d

I show it from the csv file at X=400, Y=683
Red Dog wrote:DAS ISLAND = YAS ISLAND, so that one is solved
There is both a "DAS Island" and a "YAS Island". Be wary of this. I thought the same thing at first (unless you already know this... :) ).
YAS ISLAND is at 24° 17' 2N 52° 34' 49E (airport: 31/13- 8,778 ft).
DAS ISLAND is at 25° 8' 46N 52° 52' 25E (airport: 33/15- 3,537 ft).

YAS ISLAND is a large island just off the UAE coast. DAS ISLAND is a very small island much further north off the UAE coast.
Red Dog wrote:KHASAB (OMAN) is missing for sure. It's an OMANI airport just on the tip of UAE (the tip is OMANI territory and not UAE territory

AL AIN from UAE is missing as well. It's supposed to be on the OMANI border. But we might have already enough airbases in UAE anyway
I think we have enough in UAE already.
Red Dog wrote:BAM (IRAN)
BANDAR ABBAS NAS (IRAN)
DAYRESTAN (IRAN)
JASK (IRAN)
Are missing as well.
JASK is on the southern coast of Iran, somewhere between Bandar Abbas and Chah Bahar. The coast goes down, then right. Jask is right there. I think it's strategic enough to be added.
BANDAR ABBAS NAS is right next to Bandar Abbas. Dayrestan is on the Dolfin shaped island just south of Bandar abbas
BAM is between Zabzevaran (Jiroft) and Zahedan. Bam rings a bell for me as an important military base, but We can do without.
Agree on Jask. Agree on Dayrestan. Not so sure about Bandar Abbas NAS since BANDAR ABBAS is so close. Your call though, Oliver.

I tried to look up anything on BAM and couldn't find any reference to military at BAM. The little tickle in your head may have been because that was the epicenter of the big earthquake they had a few years back that killed so many people.
Red Dog wrote: RAFSANJAN (IRAN)
SIRJAN (IRAN)
Are missing.
They both are quite close to KERMAN, can do without, but there's a rather large airbase gap between KERMAN and the southern coast without those two? especially Sirjan
Agree we need Sirjan at least.
Red Dog wrote: TABBAS (IRAN) is missing too. It's between KERMAN and SABZEVAR. There's also a long distance without airbase right there in the centre without TABBAS
Agree we need TABBAS.
Red Dog wrote: METAR KALATEH (IRAN) is missing too. It's between KALALEH and DASHTE NAZ - on the Caspian seaside. Not an overly important airbase, so we can do without
Ok.
Red Dog wrote: Chardzhev (TURKMENISTAN) is CHARDZHOU WEST

VAZIANI (GEORGIA)
are all missing. matter of fact, there's no airport implemented in georgia. Is it important to have them?
When SM produced the Iran theater he didn't produce anything in Georgia SSR. Same for Russia (data no good for Russia at the PSU DCW download site). We'll either have to remake the objectives or put them in by hand. Probably the later?
Red Dog wrote: ZVARTNOTS (ARMENIA) should be YEREVAN PARAKAR

SHIRAK (ARMENIA) is missing, it bugs me because it's a rather large airport also called GYUMRI but that name is also missing from the CSV
It's supposed to be close to the turkish border, next to Kars.
I do see an airport right where it's supposed to be but I can't read the name
I think ABANDONNED KARS refers to KARS in Turkey
Ant the one in Azerbaijan is named KARS SOUTHEAST
Anyone can confirm? If that's the case, then KARS SOUTHEAST should be renamed SHIRAK or Gyumri
The names that are overlapping each other in your picture are:
ABANDONED KARS (upper left)
KARS SOUTHEAST (lower right)
So we can rename KARS SOUTHEAST to SHIRAK or Gyumri, NP.
Red Dog wrote: NAKHCHIVAN (AZERBAIJAN) is actually not in AZERBAIJAN but in ARMENIA - or apparently so because there are boundaries withing armenia that might be another country of boundaries in disputes ...
Anyway, NAKHCHIVAN is there in the middle, but not in the CSV
Or we leave it as a blackhole, or we find what 's the meaning of those borders.

EDIT : NAKHCHIVAN is well referenced as an AZERBAIJANI airport but latitudes and longitudes place it right in the middle or ARMENIA (within the strange borders). This leads me to believe that there's a part of Azerbaijan within armenia.
What you say is true. Armenia divides the two regions of Azerbaijan currently and NAKHCHIVAN is in the lower-left area that is separated from the main part of Azerbaijan. There is a border dispute ongoing between the two countries.

Red Dog wrote:AKSTAFA (AZERBAIJAN)
GYANDZHA (AZERBAIJAN)
NASOSNAYA (AZERBAIJAN)
There are plenty of airports I can keep to replace those threes in Azerbaijan.
Agree. There are tons of airports up in that region.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-28 22:52:34

Always work on save0.cam, it really dont matter editing wise, but we should here at PMC edit the same file. And also... 0 is the start, not 1 :)

Is Georgia without features? Hmm I can redo them and also try to see if the Zaggy russia data will load in that region, but I think it wont because the only thing working was east and hum west I think. Dunno really.

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-29 00:50:40

Snake Man wrote:Always work on save0.cam, it really dont matter editing wise, but we should here at PMC edit the same file. And also... 0 is the start, not 1 :)

Is Georgia without features? Hmm I can redo them and also try to see if the Zaggy russia data will load in that region, but I think it wont because the only thing working was east and hum west I think. Dunno really.
It was the west russia data that worked for me. Re-read my last post on that topic. I used the save1.cam because I'm doing other work on the save0.cam with different objectives and didn't have it loaded at the time. I figured objectives were the same between your save0.cam and your save1.cam so I used the save1.cam.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-29 06:58:49

I found ALI AL SALEM AB in the CSV file I exported from the SAVE1.cam file from the Iran V0.2 release. Let me post up that file and you can examine it. Here it is: I show it from the csv file at X=400, Y=683
I just don't get it why it's not in the CSV list then. Anyway, I will add it manually in the CSV, but that will be a point to check (anything I do manually is to be checked :)
I thought the same thing at first (unless you already know this... :) ).
YAS ISLAND is at 24° 17' 2N 52° 34' 49E (airport: 31/13- 8,778 ft).
DAS ISLAND is at 25° 8' 46N 52° 52' 25E (airport: 33/15- 3,537 ft).
YAS ISLAND is a large island just off the UAE coast. DAS ISLAND is a very small island much further north off the UAE coast.
Yep, I realized they are different, but since there's no published data for Das Island and since I probably made the error of thinking they were the same when doing ODS, I think we should simply keep it the way it is
That basically have an airport on the island off Jebel Dhana and call it DAS ISLAND or YAS ISLAND
if we call it DAS ISLAND in IRAN, we don't need to correct ODS
if we call it YAS island, we'll need to correct ODS
I think we have enough in UAE already.
Agreed on AL AIN which I deleted from the UAE list
but not on KHASAB which is not in UAE but OMAN (the tip of UAE is OMANI territory) It's the base closer to the straight and as bandar ABBAS, probably important to secure the staight traffic with choppers. So I think we should add it
Agree on Jask. Agree on Dayrestan. Not so sure about Bandar Abbas NAS since BANDAR ABBAS is so close. Your call though, Oliver.
Well, BAndar Abbas NAS, eventhough close to Bandar Abbas is an important aspectsince it's a naval base that probably seals the straight in time of conflict. Sure there are the runways at bandar abbas that could do the same but I like it when there are two airports in one city, one civil and the other military.
So I think I'll add the three of them.

Code: Select all

I tried to look up anything on BAM and couldn't find any reference to military at BAM.  The little tickle in your head may have been because that was the epicenter of the big earthquake they had a few years back that killed so many people.
You might be right. I had the feeling it was from one of the novel I read in the past :) Anyway Bam will get deleted
Agree we need Sirjan at least.
Let's add Sirjan and remove rasfanjan then
Agree we need TABBAS.
Let's add it then

METAR KALATEH is deleted
VAZIANI (GEORGIA)
When SM produced the Iran theater he didn't produce anything in Georgia SSR. Same for Russia (data no good for Russia at the PSU DCW download site). We'll either have to remake the objectives or put them in by hand. Probably the later?
Personnaly I don't mind what we do with them. I just feel that having a country up north and no airbase there is a little strange. But if it too much work adding the russian data, I can leave without them.
The names that are overlapping each other in your picture are:
ABANDONED KARS (upper left)
KARS SOUTHEAST (lower right)
So we can rename KARS SOUTHEAST to SHIRAK or Gyumri, NP.
Sure. I just have one reserve. I do see a airbase point on the place where Shirak must be.
And we only see two points there. So i'm almost sure that one of them is Abandonned Kars (in turkey) and the other is kars southeast (In armenia)
Still, all the names start right of the point. Kars southeast is the only one where is start below in the middle.
So it might just be that abandonned kars and kars southeast are close to another and the point of Kars southeast blanked by the Abandonned KARS name. That's something that you could maybe check in the UI (I don't have Iran installed)

What you say is true. Armenia divides the two regions of Azerbaijan currently and NAKHCHIVAN is in the lower-left area that is separated from the main part of Azerbaijan. There is a border dispute ongoing between the two countries.
Shall we add NAKHCHIVAN then?

Agree. There are tons of airports up in that region.
All deleted
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-29 07:24:20

I have just emailed you -just in case- the Iran v0.2 airbase objectives CSV file and two tacedit maps, one with airbases and one with also labels on, dunno but there seems to be some confusion about the airbases so here they are one more time.

Let me know how it looks.

PMC since 1984

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-04-29 11:40:09

Thanks Snake, that tacedit map clears some issue
So it might just be that abandonned kars and kars southeast are close to another and the point of Kars southeast blanked by the Abandonned KARS name. That's something that you could maybe check in the UI (I don't have Iran installed)
That's indeed what I see ont he tacedit map.
Abandonned Kars and Kars southeast are both in Turkey, close to another in the KARS area
there's no airport on tacedit for Shirak
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-05-11 08:58:56

okay gents, the list is complete - I have now a definitive idea of what airports to add in the CSV.

i need their data (ID=XID, X, Y, Z mainly)

Here's the list

Iran:
BANDAR ABBAS NAS
DAYRESTAN
JASK
SIRJAN
TABAS

Azerbaidjan:
NAKHCHIVAN

Kuwait:
ALI AL SALEM AB

Oman:
KHASAB

Armenia:
SHIRAK

Georgia:
BOLSHIYE SHIRAKI
TBILISSI NOVOALEXEYEVKA
VAZIANI

For the X,Y and Z; I can pinpoint their location on a map if needed
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-05-11 14:09:18

Damn do we still have some version conflicts with the iran CSV data as I have Ali Al Salem AB in iran save0.cam here just fine?

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-05-11 15:59:55

Snake Man wrote:Damn do we still have some version conflicts with the iran CSV data as I have Ali Al Salem AB in iran save0.cam here just fine?
Yes, Ali Al Salem AB was in the Save1.cam objectives for Iran V0.2 also (see my post above where I said this). I'll check for the others on RD's list as well as time allows for me and post back here on what I find.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-05-12 00:51:34

Oliver,
Here's the answers I think I can come up with at this time.

Code: Select all

Iran:
BANDAR ABBAS NAS	XID=14480	x=1237		y=431		New Iranian & Intl name is: HAVADARYA
DAYRESTAN		    XID=14481	x=1213		y=383		There is currently a bridge where this airport needs to go; recommend removing the bridge (CAMPID=10569)
JASK			      XID=14482	x=1404		y=264
SIRJAN			    XID=14483	x=1185		y=685		May want to move the "Sirjan Missile Plant", CAMPID=14466, a little further north to make room for this airport (perhaps to x=1185, y=688)

TABAS			     XID=14484	x=1292		y=1148

Azerbaijan: 
NAKHCHIVAN		   XID=14485	x=287		 y=1769

Kuwait: 
ALI AL SALEM AB	 XID=80		x=400		 Y=683		This airbase already exists in current V0.2 Iran; XIDC/CAMPID=80; it is sub-type 30_12 Airbase Rvr (OCDID=1781)

Oman: 
KHASAB			    XID=14486	x=1250		y=321

Armenia: 
SHIRAK			    XID=14487	x=173		 y=1944	  This airport goes south-southeast of the city of Gyumri (current name); in our DCW data the city is called "LENINAKAN". We may want to consider renaming the city to it's correct name for the current time.

Georgia: 
BOLSHIYE SHIRAKI	XID=?		 x=387		 y=2011	  These coordinates are exact from DCW data; This country data needs to be imported for next version of Iran; it was not imported for V0.2; This airport is now called "Zemo Kedi" (according to Google and according to DCW data);

TBILISSI 
NOVOALEXEYEVKA	  XID=?		 x=272		 y=2044	  These coordinates are exact from DCW data; This country data needs to be imported for next version of Iran; it was not imported for V0.2

VAZIANI			   XID=?		 x=279		 y=2041	  These coordinates are exact from DCW data; This country data needs to be imported for next version of Iran; it was not imported for V0.2
[/size]

Note that the Z value of elevation for the airports will be taken care of by CATE when it does the airbase leveling. So it's not needed.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-05-14 09:58:52

Thanks a bunch Rod, I will update what I can and come up with a new report of stuff missing , if required

Do you want me to rename the SHIRAK airport to GYUMRI?
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2007-05-14 15:04:48

Red Dog wrote:Thanks a bunch Rod, I will update what I can and come up with a new report of stuff missing , if required

Do you want me to rename the SHIRAK airport to GYUMRI?
Actually, I am not sure. The city is now called Gyumri (evidently), but I don't know if the airport is now called that or still called Shirak. My comment was actually about the city name... ;)
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto