OF Install

Iran theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Epic
2nd Lt

OF Install

Post by Epic » 2007-03-28 05:21:46

Snakeman

I have OF 4.3 installed. I unzipped to my F4 directory and ran from there. I was not given the choice of which version of F4 to install. The rest of the install went well.

The initial UI map when selecting which campaign to fly had the old Korea map. Inside a campaign the correct Iran map was there. When I tried to add a pre-planned threat steerpoint (OF only) I got a CTD. I tried installing again and was still not given the option of which version I wanted.

Epic

**Edit** I apologize I meant to reply to the Bug thread.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-28 08:23:09

No I think this dedicated OpenFalcon topic is okay, especially since I cannot run it at all so I have no way of knowing anything about it.

First of all which doesn't matter, but I want to mention it anyways, you can run the installer from anywhere, it does not need to be in Falcon directory. In fact it would be more "cleaner" to run it on temp dir or your incoming/download dir.

Can you verify that when you run the installer, what is the next thing that happened? What choices/selections did it offer to you? Be absolutely precise when you follow through please.

Even if OF wont run on my machine beyond 5fps, I do want to fully support it and if there is problem with the installer, I want to know about it so it gets fixed.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

87th_striker
Brig. General

Post by 87th_striker » 2007-03-28 19:04:15

Installed for OpenFalcon on Win XP 64 install. Installer ran without problems. Campaign didn't work on first install. Maps for old Korea, but all ok inside TE. Bridges installed 90 degreeds wrong direction, and on an odd tile in desert areas. Terrain is curved beautiful and south west Iran seemed otherwise ok. Buildings seemd a bit out of place, with tall buildings on city tiles.

For 3D a block of buildings in one single 3D object could be made instead of just one single building. Would look smart.

Epic
2nd Lt

OF Install

Post by Epic » 2007-03-31 05:51:34

SN

I deleted the F4/theaters folder and removed Iran from the theaterlst file. I installed again.

1. I ran the exe
"PMC Iran Theater Installer 0.0.0.2 Setup Wizard" opened.
2. I hit next.
"Licence Agreement" opened.
3. I accept and hit install.
a) PMC Theater Installer begins installing
b) Build New Terrain box opens and builds terrain
c) Bald Eagle Tools box opens and terrain.lx normals runs
d) Season Switcher runs.

After accepting the licence agreement and hitting install I have no more options. At no point do I get an option to select which F4 Version I am using.

Hope this helps,

Epic

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-31 09:31:01

Can you use regedit and dig up what your registry says for microprose/falcon? Or anykind of remarks for Falcon 4?

Use start -> run and type regedit, then use CTRL-F to bring up the search (if you havent used regedit before).
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."