PMC OV-10 Bronco

ArmA general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC OV-10 Bronco

Post by Snake Man » 2009-12-25 11:48:19

PMC OV10 Bronco

This is OV10 Bronco aircraft addon for ArmA. Original FS model by Tim Piglet Conrad, ArmA port by CheyenneAH56.

PMC changelog:

Code: Select all

--- fixes
- changed to pmc namespace.
- created Icon\ directory and moved IconOV10.paa and IconOV10c.paa images there.
- created model.cfg and moved config.cpp proper contents there.
- created s\ directory and moved all scripts there.
- damage textures were broken, fixed.
- deleted shadow lod's as they were completely wrong.
- deleted unused .ogg sound files.
- prettified and fixed config.cpp file.
- prettified model.cfg file.
- removed not suitable killed evenhandler script created wreck.
- resaved textures with proper prefixes.
- added XEH compatibility.
- created whole new low resolution LODs for high performance.
- removed unsuitable mk82 bomb model.
Original CheyenneAH56 readme:

Code: Select all

OV-10 Bronco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FS version By Tim Piglet Conrad & Luftwaffe Texture by Sebastian Hecker

IMPORTANT :
The persmission of editing the original model was granted by Email by the author, Tim Piglet Conrad and Sebastian Hecker.
All Addons are released, without exception, with the prealable agreement of the respective authors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArmA Version By CheyenneAH56

Scripts by CheyenneAH56

V 1.0
Greetings for CheyenneAH56 to grant permissions for PMC to fix and upgrade his initial port.

Read online manual: PMC OV-10 Bronco.

Download PMC_ov10_bronco_v1.0.rar - 150mb.
Mirror 1: Armaholic.com.
Mirror 2: Armedassault.info.
All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

UGLY58
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: PMC OV-10 Bronco

Post by UGLY58 » 2011-07-31 21:15:25

Snakeman,

I discovered today that the OV-10 Bronco is fully working in Arma 2. By fully working I mean flyable, weapons gear etc etc. It still has its limits in terms of damage LOD etc.

I always found that I could park them as scenery in Arma2 but could never use them. For some reason as I walked past them today I noticed that I had a pilot/gunner selection pop up. This was new to me, so I jumped in taxied away, took of and dropped weapons on manual fire, flaps check, gear check. All working beautifully in single player, yet to test multi.

So I started to whittle down what had made this work again. Turns out its CBA (Extend Event Handlers) which was a listed requirement and bizarrely InstantViewDistance (IVD). If I remove the IVD mod then its just furniture again.

Very weird, any how, chuffed to bits that my beloved OV-10 is back up and running. I also tried your Mohawk and that works in the same way. They lok fantastic over Lingor and I am sure for your Vietnam mod.

I would like to work on a PMC/Adversary skin and some other load outs for these if you would like, maybe look at converting to Sqf and re-releasing. I would need your help though I am sure.

One of my new students is a former OV-10 (USAF) pilot, so I can get some real feedback.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-07-31 21:27:17

I have much more improved versions for VTE, I could give you the MLOD's or the whole collection of bronco files if you don't have VTE yet. I'm interested of cooperating about stand alone bronco ArmA 2 release. Let me know what you think in more detail.

BTW if you want to push forward with this project, please open new ArmA 2 General area topic, as this is ArmA area and I don't want to discuss ArmA 2 stuff here :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

UGLY58
Gaming Interests: ArmA and ArmA 2.
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by UGLY58 » 2011-07-31 21:40:42

Snakeman,

That be good and I am embarrassed to say that I have not downloaded VTE.

If you could push the files I can probably work on the Configs etc.

I am no artist so P3d stuff is probably beyond me, but can normally figure most stuff out.

In this case I will open a new thread, start work on the configs and do some more research.

I have a contract in the Pentagon who is on the OV-10X desk, I will see how thats developing, I know that Boeing are pushing hard for it.

My discovery on getting it working in A2, I shall keep to myself then. You can release a new version (same with Mohawk)