PMC in multiplayer

ArmA general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC in multiplayer

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-07 03:35:14

Today I finally got around to (really) try ArmA multiplayer. I logged into granQ's server and tried out the KPCTI mission with them. I had bad 450ms ping but it still was playable. We played the mission for 2h 48min, I got killed 4 times and took out 6 vehicles and few soldiers (mostly crew).

The experience was awesome. I mean in our site you can read about PMC multiplayer fun of OFP times so I'm no stranger to the basic thing, but this first time in ArmA with especially the nice mission with good guys instead of rambo teamkillers, it was pure enjoyment.

I'm not sure if this feeling is just the initial excitement which will pass, but right now I'm pumped up and definitely going to focus the PMC ArmA editing into the multiplayer side. This however does not mean that I put less singleplayer stuff out, but just that if I have cool mission concepts they will be designed to work in multiplayer.

Perhaps I do more single missions instead of campaigns, who knows. And who knows if this really is just first time initial excitement and I'll cool down tomorrow and forget 'bout it completely :o
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

matt_webster

Re: PMC in multiplayer

Post by matt_webster » 2007-04-08 18:27:08

Snake Man wrote: right now I'm pumped up and definitely going to focus the PMC ArmA editing into the multiplayer side.
Nice to hear that.
Can't wait for it.

lilwillie
Recruit

Post by lilwillie » 2007-04-10 11:26:10

Nice to hear. Some MP from PMC would be nice to see.

If your on, check out 3rdID/10th/1stCav realism server, the TS is at www.regiment-hq.com and we have a good amount of people on at or around 9pm central.

I've hardly touched the SP since joining the 3rd. It's been MP all the way and every night it seems I see something that blows my mind with how the Arma engine works or the AI react.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-09 02:18:51

I would like to try out the PMC WRP Demo islands, specificly the PMC Desert 51km island on MP. The mission style would be COOP against AI, large scale operation with helicopter insertion and CAS gunships, perhaps some ground convoy and armored vehicles too. I have always wanted to know how does such huge island play out in MP environment with the large distances and so forth. Imagine the long insertions and CAS flights to support troops and to rearm, not to mention ground convoys etc.

If anyone is interested, please post here. Also I'm lurking in IRC at quakenet on #wrptool and #arma-zeus channels so you can contact me there also.

Addon downloads would only be the 14mb wrp demo islands and nothing else. I try to make some nice PMC COOP missions to try out.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-14 14:36:33

I guess nobody is interested of some 51km desert island COOP then. Shame, I really wanted to try it.

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-24 00:34:31

Today I played about 6hrs in Zeus server when the guys were testing the CoC Command Engine X (CEX), it was excellent multiplayer, the first time in history we got to try Command Engine in MP.

I have also been browsing few servers to search some nice sessions, came up with few guys who are interested on VTE MP so that might come next.

Still I'd love to try the 51km desert island now with CEX, but I guess there is nobody interested.

PMC since 1984

lilwillie
Recruit

Post by lilwillie » 2007-10-02 11:19:46

Want to try it still check with the Top at the 3rd ID. Still in the Regiment and we stick to 80% COOP.

Look for officers and they'll see if it can get tried out if there is a mission made up on it.