PMC Rugen v1.3 has been released!

ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Rugen v1.3 has been released!

Post by Snake Man » 2011-08-08 10:26:34

PMC Rugen v1.3 for ArmA 2

25km european terrain.

This is PMC Rugen terrain addon from OFP, ported to work in ArmA and now ArmA 2. This is european Everon & Nogova themed terrain of 25km x 25km size, there is roads, airbase, airstrip, several industrial sites, harbors, cities, villages and two army bases. Refer to the original PMC Rugen OFP release topic and PMC Rugen ArmA release topic.

More screenshots from ArmA 2 screenshots page. Check out Youtube video showcasing PMC Rugen.

This terrain uses few extra addons, these are ArmA 2 AGS Industrial Pack, ArmA 2 AGS Harbor Pack and PMC Terrain Clutter.

Read online manual: ArmA 2 PMC Rugen.

Download PMC_Rugen_v1.3.rar - 218mb.
Mirror 1: Armedassault.info.
Mirror 2: Arma2base.de.
Mirror 3: Armaholic.com.
All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

GenPatton43
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: PMC Rugen v1.3 has been released!

Post by GenPatton43 » 2012-07-23 14:08:26

Hey guys, first time long time. Would love some thoughts and help regarding the following. This was a post i made a few days back on another site as I wasn't a member here yet.

I downloaded the Island from this site however. I also updated all of thee required AGS addons to 1.4. I placed them each in their own MOD folders after that I went into Editing and selected the Island and after about 5 seconds of loading, the game crashed with an error message that reads;

"Warning PreNLOD format in object pmc\pmc_rugen_obj\pmc_bridge1.P3d"

Currently, I'm running 1.60 and I've never had to edit the command line since Combined Ops came out. Currently, it says;
"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe"

However, Arma 2 Vanilla, OA, PMC, British Forces are all active through the normal "Expansions" option on the main game menu. Its rare that I get any error messages at all, let alone a cash to desktop.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head to ask is 1.60 a beta patch? Because I have one of the beta patch down loaders but its set to allow me to decide whether or not I want to run it. (Normally, I don't use Beta's, just don't have enough experience with them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
GP43

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2012-07-24 02:25:07

Well I usually develop and test my addons using latest version which most often means betas, PMC Rugen was developed pre 1.60 times so I cant say for latest betas except that I do run to just play in rugen using v1.60.94700 build. My mod line is this:

Code: Select all

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;x\ags;x\pmc_terrain_clutter;x\pmc_rugen
All AGS addons are in the x\ags.

I always use mod line parameter and never run arma2oa.exe just alone as I want to be in control what mod's to load, I am not comfortable with the Expansions menu in-game.

Anyways to the error, I don't know what it is as I've never seen that before. Google search suggests something of bad data or something like this. It cant be bad install of the addons as there is nothing missing.

But anyways to try different setups, I'd suggest you run arma2oa.exe with similar mod line to see if that helps, like; AGS first, then clutter and last Rugen itself.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

GenPatton43
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by GenPatton43 » 2012-07-25 00:57:50

Okay, well, let's see, I just had a very elaborate message I was just about ready to post, in short it was going to say that I removed all of my addons except for Rugen and the AGS addons when i noticed that when I first downloaded it from the other site, they did not have the PMC_Clutter on the addon page itself so, I downloaded that and tried it. Still no go. I edited the command line as you suggested. I loaded the game and look under expansions just to see if they showed up and they were. However, when I went into the editor, the map as well as the AGS addon's did not appear either. So, I exited and than went and broke the cardinal rule of loading addons and of course, that's taking the .pbo files and placing them in the games addon folder itself. Glad I did, because than I received a new error message saying
"pmc_rugen_obj_cfg file not found"
So, I went back to the original zip file and opened it again and looked inside, only three .pbo files were listed and the above was NOT one of them. So, too make a long story short, I deleted it and downloaded it again from here and this time ALL the files were inside. So, I went back and loaded the MOD folders like I normally do and launched the game and activated them using the "Expansions"menu, rebooted and viola! There it was!
PROBLEM SOLVED. LOL
No idea what happened to the cfg file from my first download as I got it from the same link on here that I just did. And since it already came set up as a MOD folder, there was no reason to go in and take anything out. I just cut the folder out and dropped it into the directory like I always do.
Regardless Snake, thanks for the help. So far everything looks good and potentially I might end up liking it more than Nogova itself. Just need a little more clutter and objects in the open areas as well as an airfield on the west side of the river and a capitol, but I'm sure you already know that. Just glad to see its finally working.
Thanks again,
GP43

privateguba

Post by privateguba » 2012-08-09 00:59:54

Hello Snakeman, I've finally got the GTX560ti to play Arma 2 and got the game (+OA, BAF and PMC) this weekend. I've already downloaded the new Rugen.

Just a few things: Is there suposed to be any intro video for it? I remember that the OFP rugen had to be installed on X_PMC instead of @PMC or no intro video would run. Tried it here but didn't work. That tank battle intro was very cool in OFP.

Just small things about AGS stuff: The oil Derricks are solid blocks (no transparency), many guard rails and the port crane ladder are also solid blocks. One structure from the industry has invisible walls that don't let the player enter it and climb the stairs. The crane also can't be climbed to the top. Many buildings that were openable in OFP are locked in ARMA 2. The big oil 'tanks' in the refinery don't blow up. Tested in ARMA2 alone and CO.

OFP/BIS stuff: From afar (1km +) the bridge spans are invisible. The 'glass' guard house (at the entrance of the military bases) can't be climbed. The government building (From Nogova) is placed too high and can't be entered. Non Mapfact barracks are ugly :lol:

I'm going to start playing the tank hunter campaing right now. There were some things that didn't work in OFP, the pistol crate at base didn't work, the 'capture' of towns and bases by US or soviets didn't work many times.

The island has a reserve of performance, I can play at 10000, very high objects, low terrain (grass, I could play with more but I hate the grass), etc etc at very high... If you have any interest in finishing it you could make the cities a little better (fences, walls) add a little more clutter, more farm houses, better barracks...

Thanks for these addons and campaigns Snake, these are not criticism but just reports. Thanks a lot for your work! 8-)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2012-08-09 03:43:46

privateguba wrote:Just a few things: Is there suposed to be any intro video for it? I remember that the OFP rugen had to be installed on X_PMC instead of @PMC or no intro video would run. Tried it here but didn't work. That tank battle intro was very cool in OFP.
Good call, the intro is missing. I have added it to bugs list and it will be fixed for next release.
Just small things about AGS stuff: The oil Derricks are solid blocks (no transparency),
Not sure if you mean the same object, but ags_inds the oilwell object was JUST fixed today, I modeled the part which was made solid block on the OFP to ArmA/ArmA2 conversion. It will show up on the next ags_inds release.
many guard rails and the port crane ladder are also solid blocks. One structure from the industry has invisible walls that don't let the player enter it and climb the stairs. The crane also can't be climbed to the top. Many buildings that were openable in OFP are locked in ARMA 2. The big oil 'tanks' in the refinery don't blow up.
Yeah I also made a list of the objects which lack the OFP functionality, I'm hoping to fix the opening doors in config for next release, I cannot promise if I re-model/texture the solid windows on some warehouses etc.
OFP/BIS stuff: From afar (1km +) the bridge spans are invisible.
If you find a fix for the "magic bridge" please let me know and I'll fix it.
I'm going to start playing the tank hunter campaing right now.
I would be more than happy to hear your bug reports or even war stories from it :)
If you have any interest in finishing it you could make the cities a little better (fences, walls) add a little more clutter, more farm houses, better barracks...
I consider it finished long time ago, in OFP already. PMC Rugen and Rattler are OFP ports (where PMC 51km Desert again is kind of native arma/arma2 terrain) and I don't want to change them from the original design. If I start to upgrade them to "arma2 standards" then there is no end to the feature creep. So they are as is and will be like that forever.

Of course if there is gameplay effecting bugs on the design, then I'm willing to tweak or change it. One example comes to mind that in PMC Rattler the bases had no roads through them as in OFP it didn't effect gameplay at all, you could run and drive through them just fine. However in arma2 with the current cfgSurfaces configs and vehicle terrain coeff's, its ridiculous that your hmmwv slows to pretty much walking speeds when driving through the base perimeter and then when hitting asfalt road again you are racing 100km/h. This I will change and add roads to the bases. The roads won't break existing missions while they still effect how the bases work quite much... this is one of the cases where I'm willing to change or upgrade things.

Keep up the feedback coming its much appreciated.

PMC since 1984