Problems on PMC Fury part 2 (PMC_Fury_v1.0b.r17)

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

neuronios

Problems on PMC Fury part 2 (PMC_Fury_v1.0b.r17)

Post by neuronios » 2003-07-01 04:48:19

Hi snake,

I´m stuck on the "babysitter" mission. There is no mission briefing (the notebook containing the objectives/mission details/weapon loadout is not there in the mission briefing nor when you hit M during play). I noticed the same problem on the previous mission "Night watch 2" but the mission worked because there were waypoints and details on the map, but I had no idea what was going on.

On "babysitter" the only clue I got is on the map, (there is a marking on the map on the base at the airfield up north saying "pickup", in blue).

When the mission starts I´m at a US base south of Levie, 2 pilots rush for the chinook and take off with or without me, so I board the chinook. The chopper takes off and heads to the US airfield up north. When it lands in the runway, two US squads and a squad of unarmed soviet POW´s aproach the chinook. Thats it. Nobody boards the chinook. Everybody just stands there, even the pilots got out and are standing still. Now what? I guess the problem is that the soviets dont board the chopper.

I read somewhere in this forum that you were having trouble making this work, but I didnt find any post concerning this specific mission, am I the only one? I read that some people have advanced past this mission so I guess there is something wrong in my PC.

I enjoy all the work you put in this campaign, including the extensive briefings and all. But in the end all I want is to play hard and end the mission overcoming whatever obstacles I encounter, even lack of briefings, objectives, details, weapons loadout, etc... but in this mission I found it impossible.

Could you help me out?
Thanks.

PC:
PIII 1000
32 MB TNT2 Nvidia
768 MB RAM

OFP:
Flashpoint Resistance v1.91

Campaign:
PMC_Fury_v1.0b.r17

neuronios

Re: Problems on PMC Fury part 2 (PMC_Fury_v1.0b.r1

Post by neuronios » 2003-07-01 11:40:10

Its me again.

I found out that the absence of the book in the mission briefing was something I screwed up. Guess it has nothing to do with the campaign, sorry. Guess it was a conflict in the game for having too many addons and campaigns in my OFP directory. Since I had no idea which addons were official and which were not, I had to uninstal the game and start over (bogus)! Now I believe it will appear, havent had the time to test it yet, I will post a new comment once I do. Although maybe now I may know the objectives, I still think there is a problem with the russian POW´s and I will probably be stuck again at the same point. Please verify.

Meanwhile I am trying to complete the Ranger Butcher mission I was stuck in (after killing evryone, following triggers etc...nothing happened) from the Ranger Path awesome campaign, now that I have revision 7 installed, Hope it works! Will post in the ranger forum in case it doesnt.

Thanks again.