PMC Fury new missions are ready!

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

PMC Fury new missions are ready!

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-11-20 04:53:22

PMC Fury campaigns new missions are now ready!

The bulk of the missions are now completed, meaning they still lack the beta testing and cutscenes. Here is another fact sheet of the missions:

- Standard briefings, small section + detailed section.
- Tested ending triggers + radio messages.
- No voices used at all (radio or other).
- Islands used Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova.
- Standard infantry combat as squad leader.
- Missions optimized for 1500m viewdistance + v1.85 patch.

The new missions will be seamless with the old campaign where the storyline just continues where we left it when Everon was freed. The new missions begin with Malden operations and continue there to cover also Kolgujev and Nogova giving the player opportunity to crawl in the mud of all beautiful BIS created islands. In sense this is PMC tribute to the official islands where we cover pretty much all the landscape.

Whats next?

Well the cutscenes need to be created but as the old Fury players remember my cutscenes are total waste of time. I was actually thinking of maybe not doing them at all... this could be one "poll" here, does PMC Fury (new missions) need cutscenes at all?

Beta testing. The missions need to be playtested for general balance as some of them might be bit difficult with lot of units. I'd like to think that the ending triggers are working, well I KNOW they are working since they are tested without enemy units, but who knows what might happen when the units are added. Mostly the playtesting falls into the gategory of "is this too difficult" type.

Please post your comments about cutscenes and such. Thank you.

tommei
Recruit

Re: PMC Fury new missions are ready!

Post by tommei » 2002-11-20 09:10:26

I´d be more than happy to help with beta testing.

Snake_Man

Re: PMC Fury new missions are ready!

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-12-10 04:13:06

Small update: All cutscenes are now finished. They are the usual quality from me which means they suck basically. However all the missions have now a cutscene.

Also I found out something weird, seems like the last big mission on Kolgujev has its mission.sqm file nuked to 0 bytes somehow. The briefings, overview and radio file was still normal and functional. That mission needs a remake, after that its only beta testing time.